any UFC fans ?

Started by MudMan, August 25, 2008, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudMan

Just thought I'd get yall's thoughts on the upcoming Lidell vs. Evans fight.........
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Anoriginal

Liddell over Rashad in 2.

miker

I don't know,  I think Rashad is going to take him.   

yz450f rider

i like chuck but i think rashad is going to take him
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

BIGREDTIDE

Liddell by TKO in the 2nd!   ;)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

MudMan

I haven't seen many of Rashad's fights so its hard to tell.  I'd like to see Chuck give him his first loss though.  I'm not sure Rashad can stand and trade with Chuck.  I also wonder how hard Chuck has been training, he is a bit older. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Da_Mtg_Man

Liddell is getting older although he is one tough SOB. This is definitely going to be a great match up but I think that Rashad is going to beat him.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

NYRAPTOR

liddell said once, "if you stand in front of me long enough, you'll get knocked out". i know he's getting older but i'm still on chuck's team.

shogun323

I am goin with Chuck as well. Personally, I don't like Rashad. Never have.
His only hope is if he can take Chuck down and we all know Liddel is a sprawl master.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

yz450f rider

well rashad and tito ortiz fought tito would have won but had a point taken for hitting rashad in the balls so tito would have won but chuck beats tito all day so its going to be interesting
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

shogun323

Quote from: yz450f rider on August 25, 2008, 03:32:07 PM
well rashad and tito ortiz fought tito would have won but had a point taken for hitting rashad in the balls so tito would have won but chuck beats tito all day so its going to be interesting

Along those  same lines Rashads last win was a split decision over Bispbing. I like Bisbing and all but I don't feel he is in the same class as Liddell.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

z400250

if liddel loses to rashad he should retire
rashad should spend less time dancing and more time fighting
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

yz450f rider

Quote from: z400250 on August 25, 2008, 04:18:31 PM
if liddel loses to rashad he should retire
rashad should spend less time dancing and more time fighting

i agree he stop doing that dancing crap and start fighting
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

miker

Let's not forget the rematch factor.  If Liddell wins, nothing.  If Rashad wins, can you say Cha Ching$$$$$
Liddell/Evans II----big money maker.

MudPuppy

Unless Chuck breaks a bone its for sure his fight hands down...
2002 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: MudMan on August 25, 2008, 12:31:03 PM
I haven't seen many of Rashad's fights so its hard to tell.  I'd like to see Chuck give him his first loss though.  I'm not sure Rashad can stand and trade with Chuck.  I also wonder how hard Chuck has been training, he is a bit older. 

Him being a bit older won't hurt him. Remember Randy " the old man" Coutures fight? Rashad is a good wrestler for sure so if it goes to the ground it's anybodys fight.Now if it stays standing ,it's just a matter of time before The Iceman cometh. Chuck hated losing his belt before so I doubt he will take the fight lightly. It's definately a PPV I will be buying.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on August 25, 2008, 06:42:18 PM
Quote from: MudMan on August 25, 2008, 12:31:03 PM
I haven't seen many of Rashad's fights so its hard to tell.  I'd like to see Chuck give him his first loss though.  I'm not sure Rashad can stand and trade with Chuck.  I also wonder how hard Chuck has been training, he is a bit older. 

It's definately a PPV I will be buying.

Don't you mean you will watch it for free? Mr Brighthouse. I'll bring the chips and dip. What time?  ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

novadave

The Iceman by a decision.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

k.p.

second round k.o.(:box.gif)- chuck

i forsee some sprawlin!  idk if rashad will be able to take him down though. chuck has sprawled on better people than rashaad evans. and if i he does get taken down, he scrambles right back to his feet.
it shold be a good fight though

Able

I hate evans as much as I like Chuck, but I don't know. Evens won several fights he shouldn't have, but he's improved a lot over time. In Chuck's last fight he looked more like his old self, but I still don't know. Should be a good fight. I'll be hoping for Chuck to win by KO.

The undercard has tons of good fights on it.

Lambert Vs MacDonald
Tavares Vs. Pellegrino
Kampmann Vs. Marquart
Franklin Vs. Hammil   

Franklin should be able to beat down Hammil. I like Hammil  - he's strong, and a great wrestler, but he telegraphs every punch. I think Franklin will wear him out.  My question is Where does Franklin go now ? even if he's winning at 205 Silva is up there at that weight class too. As good as Franklin is he seems to have no answer for Silva. And being destroyed twice like that has to be a mental nightmare for him.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 25, 2008, 12:46:39 PM
Liddell is getting older although he is one tough SOB. This is definitely going to be a great match up but I think that Rashad is going to beat him.

Damn I'm good. Rashad knockd his old butt out. Lidell is washd up.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

apkkfx400

Quote from: MudPuppy on August 25, 2008, 05:38:53 PM
Unless Chuck breaks a bone its for sure his fight hands down...


he definitely had his hands down, on the mat after first getting knocked out by a fist then the floor.  He got rocked and dropped like a sack of potatoes!!  'Sugar' Rashard continues on with a pretty impressive 17-0-1 record.  I thought Matt Brown had that fight by decision but the judges must have been watching another fight. 

yz450f rider

yeah i dont think chuck can hang with the younger guy much longer
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

BIGREDTIDE

#23
Chuck aint washed up, yet.  Up to the KO punch....he was just fine, and winning.  He just needs to better his game.  He's succeptable to being KO'd, yet he fights with his hands down.  These younger strikers throw their punches quicker, and WHAALA!!  KO!

If Chuck isn't going to better his game...he should retire, otherwise....he aint done yet. 

Props to Evans for the brutal KO!   8)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

shogun323

How crazy!!!! Now Chuck knows how Cro-Cop felt gettin knocked out by his own signature move.

Evans overhand right did look a bit like a wild punch IMO. But wild or not he caught Chuck on the button.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

MudMan

I agree it was a bit wild and somewhat lucky but hey that's how things go sometimes.  It's unfortunate because he basically swung with his eyes shut and his head turned while Chuck had his eyes on Evans while he was trying to connect with the uppercut.  I do agree that Evans looked a bit quicker and Chuck needs to become a bit more multi-dimensional or else retire. 

Sux cuz Chuck was winning before the superman punch........lights out
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

yz450f rider

if chuck would keep his hands up he prolly could hae won
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

shogun323

Whoa that sucks!!!! Thanks for postin Mike.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

m0n0x1d3

Rashad has been given a title shot against forrest Griffin since he won the fight against Lidell.

yz450f rider

1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

yz450f rider

Former UFC champ Tanner dead at 37

      Buzz Up PrintRelated CoverageIole: Tanner his own man Blog: Remembering Tanner Former Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight champion Evan Tanner was found dead near Palo Verde, Calif. on Monday. He was 37 years old. His management team at the Driving Force Sports management agency confirmed his death to MMAWeekly.com.


Tanner had trekked into the desert on a journey to "cleanse" himself, according to Douglas Vincitorio of Tanner's management team. "He went out to the desert to do a 'cleansing' as he called it. Kind of like 'Survivorman.'" These short trips were not new to Tanner, said Vincitorio. It is something that he has done numerous times over the years.

"What we were told is that (Sheriff's officials who found Tanner) believe his motorcycle had run out of gas, so he went to walk out in like 115- to 118-degree heat," Vincitorio said. "He was miles away from his camp. That's where the helicopter found him. Right now, they just think that he succumbed to the heat."

ADVERTISEMENT

Lt. George Moreno of the Imperial County Sheriff's Department has reported that Tanner set out treasure hunting on Wednesday, Sept. 3, asking friends to call for help if he didn't return right away. Lt. Moreno says friends called the Sheriff's Office on Friday, Sept. 5, and search and rescue teams looked for him throughout the weekend in temperatures up to 114 degrees.

The U.S. Marines used a helicopter to search by air Monday morning, finally spotting a body two miles from the campground where Tanner's belongings were found earlier, according to Lt. Moreno. While a coroner has yet to confirm the body is Tanner's, John Hayner, the owner at Driving Force Sports, says people close to to the fighter visually identified his body at the scene.


On Aug. 10, Tanner wrote a blog on Spike TV's website, proclaiming his desire to start an adventure in the desert east of his new home in Oceanside, Calif. An avid outdoorsman and wandering spirit, he wanted to escape civilization for a while.

"I'm not just going out into the desert, I'm going out into the desert to hunt for lost treasure," he wrote. "I'm going on a pilgrimage of sorts, a journey to solitude, to do some thinking, and to pay my respects to the great mysteries."

On Aug. 16, Tanner wrote about collecting supplies for his journey, and wrote about the dangers he might face.

"I plan on going so deep into the desert, that any failure of my equipment, could cost me my life," he said. "I've been doing a great deal of research and study. I want to know all I can about where I'm going, and I want to make sure I have the best equipment."

Of course, this led followers of his blog to fear for his safety, as they often did when Tanner reported his frequent by-the-seat-of-his-pants adventures. In a blog dated Aug. 27, Tanner tried to calm his audience.

"This isn't a version of 'Into the Wild,'" he wrote. "I'm not going out into the desert with a pair of shorts and a bowie knife, to try to live off the land. I'm going fully geared up, and I'm planning on having some fun."

But he also affirmed that things could go wrong if his equipment wasn't up to snuff.

"I do plan on going back pretty far, so I did mention in one of my posts that I wanted to make sure to have good quality gear," he said. "Any failure of gear out in the desert could cause a problem."

On Sept. 2, Tanner wrote his final blog entry, documenting a training session at a facility in Oceanside.

The Amarillo, Texas native was a high school wrestling stand out who won the state championships his junior and senior years despite only getting into the sport as a sophomore. He entered mixed martial arts in 1997 encouraged by friends.

Tanner rose to the top of the mixed martial arts world by winning the UFC middleweight title over David Terrell at UFC 51: "Super Saturday" Feb. 5, 2005. He lost the title later in the year to Rich Franklin. Tanner, who had a career MMA record of 32-8 last competed in the UFC on June 21 losing to Kendall Grove by split decision.

"He will obviously be sorely missed," said Vincitorio. Adding, "I think that Evan would want to be remembered as a very complex man with many layers, not just a fighter."

Tanner was surely a unique personality. He's eclectic spirit and competitive nature will be sorely missed in the MMA community.

1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

Da_Mtg_Man

There is a re-run of Tanner fighting Spider on Spike TV here in a few minutes.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

yz450f rider

dang i missed it but im sure it will come on again
1999 dodge ram 13.5 lift with 39.5s

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com