Whoops!

Started by Anoriginal, August 18, 2008, 09:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

So, I get ragged on all the time by my friends because I keep my truck so clean. It's never been dirty and I detail it just about every weekend. I pride myself on keeping it and all of my vehicles spotless. Well, this weekend that all came to an end.

On Saturday afternoon, I decided to take my wife, my son and my mother out to a good friend's ranch to ride around and look at deer, hogs, etc. The place is 1600 acres and absolutely beautiful. In fact, I keep my swamp buggy out there under the barn. It makes it nice because it's only 20 minutes away and loaded with game.

Around 5 p.m. we load up and head out. Because it's hot and the mosquitoes are horrible, we decide to stay in the truck verses getting on the buggy. I am staying on the roads so, it shouldn't be a problem right? Wrong!

Like an idiot, I go down a trail that is rather wet. In fact, earlier in the year, it had been disced up as a fire lane. Well, my truck immediately sinks. I put it in reverse and it moves a little. I then put it in drive and it actually moves forward. Now, I have 35x13.50x18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's on my truck that are at the end of their life. Great all around tires but definitely not mud grips. To make any forward progress, you have to spin them....rapidly.

Well, I roll into the throttle and we start to move ahead. At the same time, the blackest nastiest mud begins to rain down on my truck like cow poop hail. My spotless truck is spotless no more. To my surprise and my wife and mother's joy, my truck claws it's way out of the muck and onto solid ground. We make our way up to the ranch house where I spend the next hour washing off 200 pounds of mud from my truck while my Wife, Son and Mother relax inside the airconditioned house and watch TV.

In hindsight, I wish I would have stopped as soon as the truck sunk and just hiked the 3/4 miles to the barn and got my buggy to winch out my truck. I spent 4.5 hours yesterday cleaning my truck inside, out and under neath. Here are a few pics of the carnage I took with my camera phone at the ranch house. Enjoy!










TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

backinsaddle

that's the way a truck should look, not some pavement queen, of course i understand it's a ford and you have to take every precaution to keep her in one piece :P

I can tell your son is not mobile yet.  I used to detail every weekend too, now i detail once a year if lucky.  get used to that look, when the little one becomes a walking catastophe, you're free weekends with the toys will change quick :N

take a look at the new bfg mud terrain km2.  I have them on mine and they've given a good ride, quiet, and have stayed in balance for 15,000 miles.  I'll be getting them again when these wear out (looks like 30-40k life)

by the way, i hear your meeting on saturday fell through :o

Anoriginal

Yeah, your predictions were right on the money about that meeting. Ha ha. We're still working on it. I've approached them about a lump sum offer for everything. I'll keep you posted.

;)

Chillinthemost

Some things never change. When we were little kids we would play with our bicycles and toys in the mud puddles. The toys just cost more now and the puddles have gotten bigger. If I would of been with you, the truck would still be stuck.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

wilburz

I thawt use wus smert?  ;D

I guess we should call you sling blade now.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Anoriginal

#6
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 18, 2008, 04:07:03 PM
Some things never change. When we were little kids we would play with our bicycles and toys in the mud puddles. The toys just cost more now and the puddles have gotten bigger. If I would of been with you, the truck would still be stuck.

That's only because everytime I get stuck with you, I break something that costs at least $1,500.00 to fix and renders my equipment immobile for a few days. Not to mention the fact you always say things to me like, "I think you can make it.", "Oh you puzzy, grow a set and try it!" and my personal favorite, "Matt, you know that beaten paths are for beaten men!"

Git it rag!

~ Slingblade

Quad32x

Well it does say Off Road on the side.  ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Anoriginal

Quote from: Quad32x on August 18, 2008, 06:55:14 PM
Well it does say Off Road on the side.  ;)

Well I sure tested that theory now didn't I? ha ha

klutchbuster400

Haha man that sucks!
I've always wanted to do something like that in my own ride, but now that I have my very own truck I try to keep it as clean as possible. They day after I got it, I spent nearly 4 hours inside of it, with a bottle of armoral, wipes, and a knife to clean every little crevice.


Did any muck seep into the interior? I'm sure the carpeted floor wouldn't welcome that mud very well.

Anoriginal

It never got that deep. Luckily I was in muck only and no water. It never got much over the tire and hardly on the rim. It really didn't look that bad....but then again, it never does. Ha ha!

klutchbuster400

Thats true haha, but wow from the pictures it looks like the mud was halfway up your doors.

trx#9

Most fords never make it out, consider yourself lucky. :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Anoriginal

Quote from: trx#9 on August 18, 2008, 10:10:33 PM
Most fords never make it out, consider yourself lucky. :o

Actually, I was trying to run over Bigfoot when I got hung up in the mud.

qt314nfla

Very nice Matt!  I really can't believe you went there w/ your truck.  I would have payed good money to be in the truck and see the look on your face as you were tearing it up.

Now tell me though when you saw bigfoot did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? :o

Anoriginal

Quote from: QT314 on August 19, 2008, 11:11:03 AM
Very nice Matt!  I really can't believe you went there w/ your truck.  I would have payed good money to be in the truck and see the look on your face as you were tearing it up.

Now tell me though when you saw bigfoot did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? :o

My face was in a scowl for sure. I was not happy about it. You've seen my truck and how spotless I keep it. So, you can imagine how mad I was.

Actually, Bigfoot was being chased by his wife and girlfriend. They were all yelling at each other...in spanish.  ;)

Mudneck

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 19, 2008, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: QT314 on August 19, 2008, 11:11:03 AM


Now tell me though when you saw Avalanche2082  did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? :o

My face was in a scowl for sure. I was not happy about it. You've seen my truck and how spotless I keep it. So, you can imagine how mad I was.

Actually, Avalanche2082  was being chased by his wife and girlfriend. They were all yelling at each other...in spanish.  ;)

Is that the same kid from the alimony thread? :o
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

05greengriz

Just think Matt, you have sealed any potential oil leaks for another year ;D
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Anoriginal

Quote from: 05greengriz on August 19, 2008, 06:38:51 PM
Just think Matt, you have sealed any potential oil leaks for another year ;D

Hey, that's a good point! Makes me feel better already.  ;) Ha ha!

05greengriz

Dry mud is the best leak protector I have found yet 8)
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Mr Sandman

Quote from: trx#9 on August 18, 2008, 10:10:33 PM
Most fords never make it out, consider yourself lucky. :o

Possibly true but then again, if it was a Chevy it would still be there...

Miami450R

lol.

the 2nd week i had my jeep it was pretty much covered in mud.haha.


its SO much fun to take it in the mud and just TRY to get it stuck.plus i like the looks everyone gives me as i pull into the school parking lot with a muddy as heck cant see out the windows jeep. lol.


she cleans up nice though
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Miami450R

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 18, 2008, 08:50:59 PM
Haha man that sucks!
I've always wanted to do something like that in my own ride, but now that I have my very own truck I try to keep it as clean as possible. They day after I got it, I spent nearly 4 hours inside of it, with a bottle of armoral, wipes, and a knife to clean every little crevice.


stop being a little girl and take it through some mud!!! come up to lehigh ill pull u out when u get stuck ,haha
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com