New Atvfourplay MGC Arms

Started by Ride1Rob, August 16, 2008, 05:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Changed out to some new arms. They're lighter than my old FullFlight + 2's and I think the MGC's look better.



Also replaced my Alba with this Trinity.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

trx#9

You better get the right rims for that front end or its never going to handle correctly. You need a 4:1 off set with those A-arms. ;) It looks like you have a 1:4 on there currently.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: trx#9 on August 16, 2008, 07:51:51 PM
You better get the right rims for that front end or its never going to handle correctly. You need a 4:1 off set with those A-arms. ;) It looks like you have a 1:4 on there currently.

I thought it looked a mile wide.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

That things looks sweet. Good job
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

gearhead400

i forget what the old ones looked like, but those look badass! nice mod!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Ride1Rob

Quote from: trx#9 on August 16, 2008, 07:51:51 PM
You better get the right rims for that front end or its never going to handle correctly. You need a 4:1 off set with those A-arms. ;) It looks like you have a 1:4 on there currently.


They're the correct rims. The arms are only +1's. They don't make +2's for standard travel shocks in the MGC. In order to get the width back that I had with the other arms I added 1inch spacers. She's only 49inches and the arms actually perform better with the Elkas than the previous arms  ;)  .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Chevy1500z71

doesn't that really affect your steering with the wheels so far away from the ball joints? does it get bad bump steer? not bashing you, never ridin a bike with that much offset, just wondering if it really does get bad bump steer like people say...

looks good tho.

Ride1Rob

#8
The bump steer isn't noticeable. I do know that she turns alot easier with less effort the way it's setup now. Could have something to do with that. I was hitting palm roots yesterday as well as regular tree roots and ruts with no jerking. A few years ago (before all these aftermarket parts) I had my stock rims flipped. My handle bars jerked every time I hit something. This is nothing similar to that. I just may have to take the spacers off to see if there's a difference.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

53yfz450

looks good! but man that thing must have some bump steer
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.