What is this??

Started by 1iWille, August 14, 2008, 11:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iWille

Bought this some time ago and I'm not sure what it is.

http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m451/1iWille/Mystery%20Machine/

Anyone want to buy it? 

I'm closing my shop and can't take it with me.

Thanks in advance.

1iWille

My email is willedo@gmail.com

Brake and throttle cables are frozen.  As you can see in the photos, tires are less than inflated, lol. 

If interested, send me an offer, I'm not sure what it's worth, but could be worth something to someone.

I figured I'd start here.

Trike is in Sanford

Thanks again.

klutchbuster400

That looks like an 85 honda atc 70.
I had one just like it.

1iWille

I thought it looked bigger than a 70, but I'm no expert by far.

Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

klutchbuster400

Do you have anything to use to measure the size, like something in the background? I'll post a pic of mine, they looks very similar.

1iWille

I can get something to place against it tomorrow, but that is a handle laying under it for a small hydraulic floor jack.  I'll put something there tomorrow, I'll also check the cylinder and see if anything is listed on it while I'm up there.

klutchbuster400

I think back then honda had the 70, 110, 150,  250, and a 350?

It might be a 110 now that I see mine.
It definetly looks bigger then my 70

I know on my 70 there is an area that displays the vin number, model year, and size near the pipe.

klutchbuster400

We can rule out that its a 70 lol.
I'm thinking 110-125 range.


EDIT

Heres a 110
http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/satc110001x81HONDA110.jpg
They look Identical

kawasakimojaverider

does it have a high and low switch on the drive side of the engine??

1iWille

Yea, it looks almost exactly like the 110.

Thanks, I'll see what I can find on it tomorrow while I'm up at the shop.

Aaron

1iWille

does it have a high and low switch on the drive side of the engine??

Pssh, maybe, lol.  I'm not sure, I bought this and it's been sitting where it is sitting now ever since.

If it does, what does that mean?

kawasakimojaverider

Quote from: 1iWille on August 14, 2008, 11:49:39 PM
Yea, it looks almost exactly like the 110.

Thanks, I'll see what I can find on it tomorrow while I'm up at the shop.

Aaron
lol well if it does its probaly a 110 some 125s had them also

1iWille

I want to say I remember the guy I bought it from tell me it was a 200 something, but who knows.

kawasakimojaverider

lol yeah im sure somebody knows what it is.. what all are you selling??

1iWille

FL250 parts
FL350 parts
This mystery machine
1999 Kawasaki ZX7r
1992 GSXR parts bike
1998 Continental trailer
650 Seadoo motor parts (cases, jugs, etc, no pistons)
720 complete motor for parts
I've got alot of parts that I've accumulated over the years, and am just trying to get out of my storage facility.
RM80 parts
Suzuki ALT 125 parts
Etc, etc, lol

I've also got a Zinger that's in pretty good shape, needs a new cylinder, but I'll probably end up keeping that for my youngest son when he is ready.  I bought a 1st over piston for it, but measured wrong and the cylinder needs to be replaced.

That's about it.

350x_rider

looks like a 125 to me.they had the same frame size as the 110 but with suspended forks.

1iWille

I was at the shop tonight, sure enough there was something labeled on the neck.

Ready....................

1983 Honda ATC.............185S

We have our answer.

Thanks for playing......

Now, anyone interested in buying this?   ;D

I'm moving out of my shop and this has to go no later than August 29th.


klutchbuster400

How much are you asking?

1iWille

Best Offer, it's got to go!

1iWille

$150 OBO we can work from there.  It needs alot of help.

It's got to move.  Closing my shop August 31st, would like to see it gone no later than this weekend.

Thanks all.

Aaron

klutchbuster400

Does it turn over? Have compression?

1iWille

Pull starter is busted, but it does move.  I was told it ran, of course, you know how that goes. 

Anoriginal

#22
The picture in Klutchbuster's post is an ATC 70. No doubt about it. The fenders and the engine were different on the 110 and 125. Also, there's no high/low selector on it.  In addition, you can tell by the head, the frame and the tank. It's a 70.

On 1iWillie's photobucket pics, that bike is a 1983 ATC 185s. You can tell by the frame, engine and plastics. I had one of these.

mrbones

#23
That's no 70. It's a 1984 ATC200S. Most of the 70, 90, 110 and 125 engines were horizontally mounted. In '86, the 125M was different and vertically mounted.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

1iWille

"That is an ATC 70. No doubt about it. The fenders and the engine were different on the 110 and 125. Also, there's no high/low selector on it.  In addition, you can tell by the head, the frame and the tank. It's a 70."

Yes, the one shown in the picture above is a 70, the one that is for sale and from my photobucket is a 185S.  ;)

Thanks,

Aaron

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com