snorkel jetting

Started by outindeltona, July 30, 2008, 05:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outindeltona

i cant seem to find any info on the jet i need.did a snorkel on a lil 250 recon,runs like crap at full throttle.ran fine before the snorkel.tried raising the needle,got a lil better,but still loses power.with the choke on it runs ok so i need to go richer right?any idea how big a jet i need?stock exhaust/intake with only a 1.5" snorkel added

IXIswamperIXI

I am not a rocket scientist here but I would assume the problem is that your motor has to work a lot harder to suck in the air where as before it didn't have to work that hard.  I am no good with jetting so I couldn't tell you if changing the jets would help.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

outindeltona

well,i guess it was actually getting too much air,the tubing i used was about 1/4 in bigger opening at the end than the stock stuff was.reduced it down to the same size and it runs great!!!