Race #6 Sat July 12 Thunderbowl Speedway 6pm

Started by HillKiller, June 24, 2008, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJDTRI

Exactly, I was the only Vintage bike so yes I ran with the seniors. Bike turn out was low, I would estimate around 15 to 20 or so bikes But all around turn out was pretty dam good considering the rain. Quite a few gadget cars, micro sprints & quads. One group shipped their gadget cars via Allied freight line :)

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Ward, How many bike classes did they have? Were the McMary's represented? If things come together for me, next month or September, I will be supporting/attending as many events as I can.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

experts, amateur,vintage & seniors ran together. Yes the McNarys were there
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

SkyHighT100

Well dammit man, I dont know why but I thought it was next weekend, not last night, dang, I need to get back on the forums more often lol. Miss seeing everyone - I'll be at the next one for sure to come say Hey! :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

2 wheeled flat tracker

Quote from: stgsali on July 13, 2008, 12:27:28 PM
Shawn, How did the family clan do?

Hey Richard I was very surprised to not see you guys there last night, you should have plenty of phone #'s from my excel doc to call and check the status of the track especially only living 1 hour away. We did even start practice until around 6:00.

We brought 5 bikes and 1 quad with us last night and our group had a great time on a good track considering the amount of rain that coated it before we arrived but no wins for our crew they were had by Ward Jones who rode the wheels of that old Yamaha 750 and made multiple passes on the outside in both the 2nd heat and the final for the much deserved win in the Super Sr class.

No Vintage class last night because you an Ben did not show up!

Bruce Brantley spanked Kurt and Mines a$$ straight up, neither of us had anything for him.

Nate won the Amateur class riding his RMZ250 with a hard charging James Barber coming home 2nd.

Now, no more excuses from you on missing races just call us/Brady next time for the updated info and get your a$$ to the track.

S.M.

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

lol....Was trying to brag about T Bowl being back.......not me........but if you want to be a HATER......its all good!!! :)

like Shawn said.....should of had your a$$ out there.
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

You go ahead and brag Ward, you earned it!

stgsali

Don't worry, we will be out there next time. Just don't yelp if we bang bars!! And, I'm not a hater!! It's all good,, to quote ya!  ;D
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

Hey Richard

:) no worries!! just be forewarned, a 350lb motorcycle doesn't push out of the way very well. might be better off banging bars with the wall!!!
:)

just remembered that the weekend of August 2nd I won t be able to attend the races. Going to my oldest daughters college graduation. So get some lap time in and we'll do the bang bar thing next round

Ward
#66Q
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Ward, you're right, 350lbs doesn't move easily. That said, the only time I worried about that was when Rick Bigelow went by me and got close to my front tire as he slid to the outside. It was definitely fun and I do like the close racing. Makes the adrenaline flow. I know I missed a good time and I am trying to put myself in a position to race and practice when I want. No excuses for not making it because of the wet stuff.
We are trying to get stuff together for Ben. He starts at the University of Northwestern Ohio next month. Going to learn to be a performance mechanic besides regular college courses. Then University specializes in automotive racing. Hell, it even has a short track on campus!  Then he can support dad's race habit!! lol Things have a way of working in your favor and that is the important thing: getting him off to school.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Backwoods Racin

First off we want to thank Brady and everyone who helped for turning a miserable day into a great nite of racing. Also congrats to all the winners.  We especially want to congratulate the ladies class for the whooping they gave the boy's in the novice-intermediate class.( LOL )       
Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL

N-Tense Motorsports

Great job Brady & crew for what ended up being a great night of racing despite the rain!  I want to congratulate everyone who raced for putting on a great show, especially the Youth class where Scott whooped his brother's butt in the 2nd heat and the main to take his first win  :Fp 
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jennifer~at~thunderbowl

That was a good race.  :) Good Job Scotty !!!! I told you before your day was coming !!!!  ;D
Even though I missed out on the Birthday shots, it was a good night...

N-Tense Motorsports

Quote from: jennifer~at~thunderbowl on July 14, 2008, 12:07:03 PM
That was a good race.  :) Good Job Scotty !!!! I told you before your day was coming !!!!  ;D
Even though I missed out on the Birthday shots, it was a good night...

I know!  By the time we got finished, and the kids got their trophies, it was too late for the shots.  I don't think we got back to the house until 2 am.  Next time we come up... we'll have a b-day drink or shot with ya  ;)  It was nice to see you guys, we had a blast.
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cjcracing

Many thanks to The Thunderbowl Crew and Brady for having the track ready!!!!  Merritt and I had a blast running!!!! THanks Brady for allowing the ladies to run m/c!!!!!!!!!  Ladies brink your M/C's we are trying to build a ladies M/C class -- The more the merrier!!!
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

stgsali

Ward, you mentioned going to your daughter's graduation on Aug. 2nd and as such won't be able to race then. Does this mean that T-bowl will be holding a race then? (Brady that is)
And to Brady, do you need some flyer work done for the schedule? I can do some for the SDTA and for your other go-cart series. I'd need some pictures of the carts as I don't have any. I can also do one for the entire schedule. Let me know, Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Well, what a night. I'm still tired.

You could say we dealt with some "adversity" to say the least.

First was the deluge of rain at 1pm. I don't how much rain the track got, but my house 10 miles away got almost 2 inches from that storm. The track was a  total washout, but looking out and seeing people who had drove several hours to race at $4 and $5 per gallon made us decide to do everything we could to race. Thanks to Lenny Rambo and Chris Gehring for their help with working the track. The track actually ended up being pretty good. A little bumpy, but very fast and raceable nonetheless.

Second, when we finally got the track dried out enough to run, the track lights decided not to work. Apparently lightning had hit them and fried the breaker. After a "breif" repair session we finally got them working and carried on. Again, thanks to all those who stepped up and helped get it fixed.

Aside from weather and our opening night kinks, the night went pretty smooth. There was some great racing. Ward Jones and Pat Golley had an awesome race, and it was cool to see Scott Akers wax his brother Austin in the Youth class. Congrat's Scotty, you earned it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

I will post race results later tonight.

-Brady   

fastrnrik

#70
Finally, some race results..... ;D

Race results from T-bowl, 7/12/08

OPEN QUAD
1- Travis Edwards #6
2- Jody Hopkins #132
3- Zach Jacobson #2

NOVICE / INTERMEDIATE / LADIES QUAD
1- Meghan Edwards #6
2- James Skelley #14 
3- Brittney Gehring #22

AMATEUR MOTORCYCLE
1- Nathan Nelson #830
2- Ray DeLacqceseaux #15
3- James Barber #33

VET 30+ QUAD
1- Raymond Francis #66
2- Brady Windsor #16
3- Shawn Toney #413

EXPERT MOTORCYCLE
1- Bruce Brantley #88
2- Kurt Brady #54
3- Shawn McNary #72

LADIES MOTORCYCLE
1- Tonya McWethy #7
2- Kristin Stuber #5

PEE WEE MOTORCYCLE
1- Ryan Stuber #71-
2- Merritt Webb #6


KNOBBY QUAD
1- Sean Ford #26
2- Corey McCarty #28

PEE WEE QUAD
1- Merritt Webb #6
2- Bobby Doughman #41
3- Alisha Cabana #96

SENIOR / VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE
1- Ward Jones #66
2- Pat Galley #85C
3- Mike Springer #75

YOUTH QUAD
1- Scotty Akers #14
2- Austin Akers #7
3- Dalton Anderson #9

GADGET SPRINT
1- DeWayne Alexander #95
2- Chip Allison #01
3- Brian Smith #8

MICRO SPRINT
1- Scott Green #48
2- Dave Van Raalte #88
3- Jim Kennedy #00

VET 40+ QUAD
1- Tony Jacobson #2
2- Bob Toney #243
3- Chris Gehring #22

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

fastrnrik

Ooooops, I missed the old guys. It's fixed now.
Thanks

cjcracing

Just to be fair - Merritt got 2nd in the M/C class  -- not first
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

HillKiller

Quote from: cjcracing on July 17, 2008, 03:21:37 PM
Just to be fair - Merritt got 2nd in the M/C class  -- not first
Thanks! I will be sure to get the points right.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com