firearms

Started by ldizzle_Sks, June 09, 2008, 06:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldizzle_Sks

I was reading a thing about ONF and it says it prohibited to discharge a firearm within 150 yards of a recreational facility. So does that mean its legal to walk 150yards away from a trail and/or the campground in lake delancey west and fire a gun? just wondering thanks

bigjohn

Don't do it. They will put you in jail and take your weapon. No guns are allowed in the forest except during the hunting seasons. No target practice is ever allowed anywhere other than the 88 gun range. If you have a concealed weapons permit you can carry a handgun concealed any time hunting is allowed on the Ocala. Some people think that they can carry a concealed handgun anytime because of the new WMA booklet rule but that is not what it says according to the forest service.
Just don't bring guns with you and you will have no trouble.

ldizzle_Sks

yeah I didnt think it was a good idea , I was arguing with my buddy about it , he thought that it was completely legal, so I read the broucher i had. alright well thanks, about how far is the gun range from lake delancey west?

Gato

Quote from: bigjohn on June 09, 2008, 11:41:41 PM
No guns are allowed in the forest except during the hunting seasons.
Not true when we went to big scrub in March I called to make sure it was allowed, granted it was no rifle it was a handgun and they told me as long as you have a cwp it was no problem but you had to carry it with you along with id. Now as for fireing it off for no reason but self defense in the forest I think you are begging for trouble. Not asking for it
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Busta Nutt

probably take you about 30 minutes to get to the gun range from Delancey.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com