What was the cost of living in 2005?

Started by IXIswamperIXI, June 04, 2008, 07:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I know a lot of you guys are real proficient in looking up info on the the internet.  My shop has not raised its labor rates in over three years and I wanted some ammo in the fight the insurance company to pay my increased labor rate.  For example the cost of gas,milk,bread, and baby formula in 2005 vs 2008.  LOL I had to throw the baby formula out there cause man oh man $25 a can really hurts.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Quad32x

I never remember gas being that high in 1981.  :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Da_Mtg_Man

Unless I'm missing something, That chart is a crock of s@%t. Gas was under 90 cents in the early 80's
FLORIDA MUD RIDER


IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 04, 2008, 11:57:09 PM
Unless I'm missing something, That chart is a crock of s@%t. Gas was under 90 cents in the early 80's

Thats what I was thinking
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

IXIswamperIXI

man I am still having a hard time finding info on milk prices on 2005  :(
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Anoriginal

Swamper, I feel your pain on the formula. $25-$27 a can. It's nuts!! And my son eats 6 per month.

IXIswamperIXI

LOL yea my wife asked me to get a couple of cans so I bought 3 I didn't realize I was going to have to break out a hundred dollar bill to pay for it.  Thats when I hit the floor LOL no wonder there is a black market for this stuff  :o
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Anoriginal

It's really something isn't it? Notice how they keep it under lock and key in most places?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com