Adding Videos

Started by jayman, May 18, 2008, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayman

I have some video from the Ocala race that I want to post.  I have a few questions:

The first being that I have a JVC mini dv Digital Camcorder and I do not have a 1394 plug on my computer that is required to transfer it.  I can record it to my DVD Player that is also a DVD Recorder.

2  If I record the entire tape to the DVD Recorder then burn it on a disk then download that to my computer what do I need to edit the video to make it only a few minutes long each set.  I am a photobucket memeber but I am sure that I have to make the clips prior to using photobucket, correct?

Please help me so I can post this up as I have a video of the wreck where the guy hit the chain link fence 10' in the air.  It was BAD!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

GENERAL-Z

do you have windows movie editer?
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

jayman

Actually after looking I do have windows movie maker
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

GENERAL-Z

that should work once its on a dvd
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

yfz122

I wish you would hurry up and get it figured out. I want to see it. ;D
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

jayman

I have to go buy some dvd blanks so it will have to be tomorrow   ???

Then I have to spend the time making it  ???

Maybe I can get some contributions to expedite my services  8)
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

Well I was able to get it transfered to the dvd but I can not get it to convert to other file names.  I have used so many different software packs but cant get it right for photobucket.  I can play it finally on my computer using the VLC Player but that is all.  I have been on this for 3+ hours now.  Tomorrow I will go see if there is an adapter to go from my firewire 1394 plug to a regular usb connection.  Maybe then it will pull it in as another file  :dunno.gif
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

stgsali

Have you tried to save it as a mpeg file?
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

jayman

Quote from: stgsali on May 19, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
Have you tried to save it as a mpeg file?

Yes, I tried .mpeg, .mpeg2, .jpeg, and right now I am trying .mpg   :'(   
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com