Trailer Lights

Started by coolcloo1019, May 13, 2008, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolcloo1019

So I've got a problem I'm trying to figure out. All of the running lights on my trailer work including the driver's side brake light and blinker. But on the passenger side, the brake and blinker don't work but the running light does. Does that sound like I have a wire cut somewhere?
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

TRX450R_Racer

Did you try a new bulb?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

coolcloo1019

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on May 13, 2008, 04:23:09 PM
Did you try a new bulb?

No because I figured if it was on with the running lights then it wouldn't be the bulb. There's only 1 bulb in the housing.
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

TRX450R_Racer

#3
The bulb is a duel filament. The dim filament is the running light. The brighter one is the blinker and brake light. Put in a new bulb and you should be good to go.

Also make sure it is in correctly. There is 2 little nipples that are on the side of the bulb. One up high and one down low. Make sure it is in the light correctly. It is easy to force the bulb in the wrong way on those cheap trailer lights.

Good Luck
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

eldiablo64

check to make sure they are grounded correctly
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

coolcloo1019

Sweet thanks guys. I'll check that out when I get home. I didn't even think about it having 2 filaments in it.  <:(
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

coolcloo1019

I ended up using a volt meter and tracing it all the way up the the pigtail where it plugs into the truck. Must be a bad socket. I am going to pick up a new one and put a new pigtail in and hopefully that will solve everything!!
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

LostCause

What kind of truck is it.  I have a 2002 Chevy and had a simular problem.  It turned out to be a fuse under the hood. 
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

coolcloo1019

Quote from: LostCause on May 13, 2008, 08:46:30 PM
What kind of truck is it.  I have a 2002 Chevy and had a simular problem.  It turned out to be a fuse under the hood. 

It's an '02 Chevy Trailblazer. I'll check the fuse. Didn't even think about that.
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

LostCause

There are 3 of them and they are not labled like you think they would be.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

coolcloo1019

Quote from: LostCause on May 13, 2008, 10:24:36 PM
There are 3 of them and they are not labled like you think they would be.

Any idea what they are labeled?
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

coolcloo1019

Wow. I'm such an idiot. You think it may have been the blown fuse labeled "pass side trailer turn signal"?????  >:(

Thanks guys.
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com