Quads in FTR

Started by Mike99KFX, May 12, 2008, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike99KFX

So do quads have a place in FTR right now?  I was hoping someone (an official) could keep us (the people) informed as to what is going on.   We know the meeting was Saturday night.  I looked on every website and couldn't find a thing about it.  What is happening?

Chillinthemost

I'm sure Mudnuri will keep us updated.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Southern Outlaw

#2
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,33266.0.html

read this from MUD-IN-UR-I..He really hits the nail on the head....we had a shot and blew it in the bottom of the 9th...so to me the ONLY ONES to blame is OURSELVES
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

DirtyDan

Quads will remain in the 3:30 time slot on Saturday during HS. Points are also reinstated.
CRF450R
#94

mudnuri

As of yesterday, what Dirty Dan says is true.

I am sad that it happened the way it did. Last year the clubs that hosted QS events all lost money. They didn't want to do it again but stuck it out one more season. In fact, more clubs than ever hosted events to try and make it work. We had 9 races last year and I believe only two clubs broke even.
The Qs series was formed with the thought that Quad clubs would be formed throughout Florida just like the motorcycle clubs. We could then support our own series by hosting our own events. 

Yesterday was the BOD/HS Sanction meeting. There will be a full slate of races for the existing 3:30 race. However!! Amanda worked hard and fought even harder to get a proposal through so most of the 1:30 row from the QS is able to race!! Good job Amanda!!

Now, the entire BOD and EC wants to provide a venue for the Pee Wee and Youth classes. You have to understand that the rules must be obeyed or we have nothing. FTR is not some flusey fly-by-night organization. The only way it's been around for over 35 years is by maintaining a standard that doesn't always please everyone.

What is going to happen is this; FTR has suspended the QS series basically putting it in the closet for now. For the next year FTR will work on something to bring this series back.  Advertising was brought up to bring awareness to our sport. We have to get the word out in other ways than currently used. Problem is, money. There is not enough to run ad campaigns throughout the state.

There are several other problems. Manpower is the biggest, after rider turnout. Rather than reinvent the wheel by forming a quad club, join an already existing club. They are already in with FTR and have financial backing. I did just that. I went out and joined SEFTR. I went and helped cut trail. During this time I asked if they would host a QS? They all agreed that because of the dedication I showed and some others, like Dave Dunick, and Pam & Kyle MaKafee, they would do it.
It was a year later we did the Last Chance race and we lost money. The club said they didn't think they wanted to do it again next year and didn't request a QS sanction for nest season. Only one club did and since that was the only one it was rejected.
Clubs are however being encouraged to have some sort of Pee Wee and youth thing at the HS races. This will be talked about further, later. We are trying. My club will defintely have pee wee and youth quads as soon as we can figure out what were going to do.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

slam1

I have a quick question. I was thumbing through my FTR magazine and I noticed the Enduro results. How do they stay afloat with only about a hundred entries? Dont they have the same costs to put on a race as the quads or hare scrambles? Just curious.
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

miker

Good point,
I posted it on FTR's forum to see what they say.

PLEDGER#76

I think they race on state land.
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

LostCause

I know that some clubs apply for grants from the state.   
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

slam1

Wonder what would prohibit us from aquiring use of state land or the aqisition of a grant? I'm guessing its because they are street legal they have this available to them. But it might be worth looking into.
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

LostCause

It is a long process and it would be next year before it could happen.  All grants for this year are accounted for and will be distributed in June.  But this is something that I am looking into.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

KD 428

WTF, I finally turn 16 and am able to race and now theres no more qs's!
HONDA CRF450R

slam1

Not everyones complaining. some are trying to find ways to take the tension off the quads coming back to the HS its going to make for a hectic weekend combining the two series again. Its going to take vollunteers to make the transition a smooth one. I feel if the quad community does'nt offer up some help to the clubs to put the events on, we may not be recieved well. Some are just fine with enjoying the fruits of others labor, racing the events only. Hopefully everyone has learned from this unfortunate setback in the QS series. We need to put our best foot forward in the upcoming season to show FTR that we do care about the events as a whole, not just racing them. Hope to meet most of you out cutting trail next season.
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

miker


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com