Main Menu

Snorkel

Started by customrubicon, November 20, 2004, 01:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customrubicon

I would like to install a snorkel or have someone do it for me. I know it is not that hard because the airbox has a round hole coming out of it. I do not know about rejetting the carb. I could use some info. Any sugestions on the project?  Tony
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

02YamahaBigBear400

Its fairly easy. My friend has a rubicon and were gonna do his in a couple weeks. I use pool hose (blue kind) cause unlike pvc were you have to put bends which will restrict air the pool hose won't. You will need some extensions and tube for the front/rear differential, carb and ????? i think i'm forgetting one. But its easy and basic and you can get all this at home depot. If you want we can meet up and I can help you do it. I have my bigbear snorkeled out. I live by PBCC on congress and meleleuca.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

DarkFireDragon

I am kinda new to the ATV world of Tech so correct me if I am wrong but isnt a snorkel a big pipe that comes out of your carborater and then comes up somewhere at the top of the atv so you can drive through water and still get air into the engine?

Or am I thinking of somthing else.
04' Yamaha BearTracker Steel Blue

"A fool will learn nothing from a wise man, but A wise man wil learn much from a fool"

customrubicon

usually comes out of the breather box. But you are correct.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

customrubicon

That would be cool. We live very close. I live at Haverhill and Melaleuca. I would really appreciate any help. I have an artical on doing it. It is always easier if you have already done one.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

02YamahaBigBear400

thats crazy thats where my friend with his rubicon that were gonna snorkel lives. He lives on the north west corner in them townhomes.  
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

customrubicon

Snorkel is complete did not take long. Where is the water at??????
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

dreadhed

I am doing a snorkel too.  What did you use for the exaust?  I read a raditor hose will work, but I dont know if it can stand the heat & will not melt.
Tank You
  Gabe

kawGIRL

Did you bring up all the breather lines as well ? if you didn't you'll want.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

customrubicon

I extended all the breahers and ordered a FMF exhaust.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino