Flame Throwers For ATV's

Started by CEC, April 19, 2008, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CEC

I Have A Place Near Steinhatchee, On A Friday Not To Long Ago This Truck From A Private Lawn Service Pulls Up And A Guy Get's Out And Say's To Me That He Is Contracted With The Foresty Service To Do A Controlled Burn Around My Property And He Was Letting Me Know So If I See The Flames Or Smoke I Would Not Get Alarmed. I Told Him Thanks And No Problem. About 1/2 Hour Later 3 Or 4 Guys Come Around With Flame Throwers On 4 Wheelers And They Are Lighting Fire Lines In The Underbush From The ATV's To At Least 50 Feet Away And The 3 Or 4 Of Them Are Burning Around 100 Acers At A Time With 1 Guy Riding Around In A F-350 Tank Truck To Make Sure Nothing Crosses The Fire Line. In About 4 Hours The Must Have Burned 500 To 700 Acers. These Guys Where Good At What They Were Doing. Now I Have All The After Market ATV Catalogs " At Least 10 Or 12 Of Them " And I Have Not Seen The Flame Thrower Option. And Some People Think ATV'S Are Dangerous, Maybe It's Just The Options We Put On Them,
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

Mudneck

and I suppose you didnt take pics huh?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

CEC

I Got A Few Pics Of The Woods On Fire Around Me And Some Pics After Them Putting Some Water Down Which Made What Looked Like Mushroom Clouds, But I Was Staying Away From The Flame Throwers
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

svtbolt04

Sweet.

Is There A Reason Every First Letter Is Capitalized? So Hard To Read.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: svtbolt04 on April 19, 2008, 11:38:15 AM
Sweet.

Is There A Reason Every First Letter Is Capitalized? So Hard To Read.

I agree!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

CEC

I wasn't trying to challenge your reading skills!
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

MedicMudder

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME were to take my flame thrower fixed??????
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

1FasterBlaster

  I've done controlled burning before, and that doesn't sound like any regulation burning technique's to me. Controlled burns are done small to prevent fire from growing large and destroying tree's.
   Fire lines are plowed all the way around a property to prevent fire jumping and the fire's are started against the wind to slow burning- called back burning. It's usually a mixture of gas and diesel to reduce combustion.
   I wonder what the heck they were doing? If they were ligthing fires with a flame thrower, that would sure as hell start a big fire fast.

Slick89

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on April 20, 2008, 11:13:09 PM
  I've done controlled burning before, and that doesn't sound like any regulation burning technique's to me. Controlled burns are done small to prevent fire from growing large and destroying tree's.
   Fire lines are plowed all the way around a property to prevent fire jumping and the fire's are started against the wind to slow burning- called back burning. It's usually a mixture of gas and diesel to reduce combustion.
   I wonder what the heck they were doing? If they were ligthing fires with a flame thrower, that would sure as hell start a big fire fast.

I agree! It dont seem right
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on April 20, 2008, 11:13:09 PM
  I've done controlled burning before, and that doesn't sound like any regulation burning technique's to me. Controlled burns are done small to prevent fire from growing large and destroying tree's.
   Fire lines are plowed all the way around a property to prevent fire jumping and the fire's are started against the wind to slow burning- called back burning. It's usually a mixture of gas and diesel to reduce combustion.
   I wonder what the heck they were doing? If they were ligthing fires with a flame thrower, that would sure as hell start a big fire fast.

The only "controlled burn" I did was about 20 yrs ago, A couple of buddies came over and we did BT's while watching Cheech and Chong up in smoke. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

CEC

You do have to remember that this took place in Dixie County, they do things a little different, but it was effective
2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com