Any suggestions on sprockets for Banshee??

Started by Pete1011, January 21, 2005, 11:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete1011


Pete1011

Need better gearing powerband wines up to quick how many teeth should I drop? ???

Smoknbanshee

my suggestion is to go from a 14 (stock) in the front to a 15 and see how that does.  I run a 15 or 16 up front and leave the back 41 (stock) alone.  Depends on what type or riding you do too.  

Not sure that gear ratio and speed mater to you, but here is a website that you might find interesting.  Gives speed ratings for sprocket sizes.  

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/speed.xls
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Pete1011

4, thx bro i'll give it a shot. We do everything from mx to Big Scrub so it needs to be all around I think a couple up front will be just what the docter ordered.

Smoknbanshee

I would try 15 first and see how that does.  Without some mods, you will not stay in the powerband in the taller gears.  If you have some mods, and possible some port work you will be able to pull the taller gears.  Also makes a difference what tires you run, I run 20's or 22's, trail tires and paddles.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Pete1011

currently running 21" paddles, I think I will just go up 1 tooth see what I get. THX