What would you consider a lot of miles on an atv

Started by birddog0219, March 24, 2008, 04:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddog0219

I am looking a king quad that has aprox 1000 miles how many miles are you guys getting out of your atv's

KAW3604x4

I have almost 1700 miles on my Eiger and my 360 Prairie has 1400 miles. Both are still going as strong as the day I got em. I did just replace the front bearings and brakes on the Eiger. Other than just maintenance, I have done nothing to these bikes.
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

AintSkeered

#2
4700 miles on my 2003 Outlander. Replaced brake pads a few times, rear shocks, 3 CVT belts, voltage regulator, steering bushing, tires and the plastics show the mileage. Never opened carb, either.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Chillinthemost

Its not the mileage to be concerned with. Its the previous owners maintenance and riding habits. You could destroy a new bike in 50 miles if you like to sink them in water, or I have seen engines ruined very quickly because the owner didnt know that foam filters MUST be oiled. A bike with water and sand in the motor and differentials will not last very long.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

MedicMudder

My son has Suzuki Quadrunner 250,it has apx 4000 mi,motor-tran never been opened up,I have a 2004  500 SPM H.O. 2,400 MI  (I change the oil every
20-25 hrs-or 150-200 mi.)  I know that is to much,but cheap insurance. Only things that broke are operator error.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

Cory1020

thats not too bad if taken care off

my 05 2x4 rancher had 9500 miles on it b4 the screen was broke from a rollover accident. Im guessing it had about 10k. only thing i changed was oils, 1 or 2 sets of brakes, and a few bearings. ran perfect after all those miles too. I always took care of it and kept up with maintnece
my dads 05 rincon has 1400 miles
and my rubi has 2400. all run perfect
well the rubi has a messed up tranny due to common oil pump failure on the 01 and 02 rubicons..
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

predatorracer8

i have no clue how many miles i have on mine.......... but i race mine and ive gone through a tranny which caused the motor being rebuilt, nothing else too serious ive had some little stuff like bent steering stems, bent rims and all that good stuff but thats from racin if your just, asking about utility quads im sure youll be fine with any amount of miles as long as she was taken care of by the previous owner.

jake

Slick89

my rubicon has 937 miles and i had a buddy that has a rancher with over 6k on it... both run good... jus the norm maintaince. Jus like the others have said as long as its been taken care of and rode hard a put away wet then it should go forever.
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com