soldiers deaths almost 4,000 in Iraq.

Started by wilburz, March 20, 2008, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

What a waste!

the Iraq war cost is well over $1 trillion.

That is enough to provide health care for all 47 million uninsured Americans and quality pre-kindergarten for every American child, solve the housing crisis once and for all, make college affordable for every American student and provide tax relief to tens of millions of middle-class families.

Thanks God Sadam Hussein is out of there. I was actually worried some of his pitifull arsed soldiers or weapons of mass distruction would strike Florida. Thanks Mr. Bush. Your the man! Job well done!

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

yfz122

#1
 :Clap.gif

I always thought our military was for defense. How can they defend when they are out attacking other countries. Not blaming military in any way, only our retarded president. If john mccain is elected were all screwed!!!
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Chillinthemost

And we are not screwed if the phyco skirt or the racist black guy get elected?
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

yfz122

Your right. I just see him as the worst of the retards. I don't even know if I will vote.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

ananomaly

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

wilburz

Quote from: ananomaly on March 20, 2008, 04:04:30 PM
Here's a good read that the liberal press won't print. :-*

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Iraq/wm1860.cfm

mpt saying we need a complete pullout dude! bush should have put 80,000 more troops in that crizap hole along time ago. maybe there would only be 2,000 dead soldiers instead of 4,000.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Cosmo

I come from a family that is of pure military background. My grand father was a SS Officer in the nazi army, After the war he imigrated to this great country. My father was a colonel in the US Army for 20 years. My cousins, all marines, my brothers firefighters and cops. We have felt the strain on our family as my own blood has been shipped over seas. One of my best friends nearly lost his life due to IED over there. However, everyone who has served over there keeps coming back with the same message. Its a mess, but the people want and need us. 4000 lives is a statistic to try to bring people down. Half a million lives in ww2, 70,000 lives in vietnam? The cost of life is heavy in everywar, but you have to outweigh the cost of the ability for children to go and get an education, for a woman to walk down the street to a corner market and not be beat for being acussed of adultery because she is not walking with a man. I hate to say it but there are too many people in this country who continue to try to drag it down because they are so unhappy with their own existance *Nacy Fonda/Jane Polosi* You have to remember that the continuation of OUR FREEDOM IN OUR COUNTRY is DEFENDED in these countries where we are having these unpopular wars. The second iran detonates a IED on US soil everyone will be out for blood. That is what this war is about, making sure that never happens. The second IED and attacks start becoming a regular thing here in the US its too late. Your freedom will be down the shitter. Not because lawmakers will change it but because FEAR will consume you. You are too scared to go to work, to the market, church etc. My only request is before you go making accusations about how G.W.Bush has fucked everything up, ask your self this.. what president in the last 20 years would have done what he has with his resolve to not sway on getting this done. I personally dont agree with going into Iraq, but I do stand behind a President who does not falter and change his opinion every time the wind blows a different direction.
89 330R

wilburz

i would have no problem putting a bullet in some stank arsed towel wearin c-jocky's head. And i would not shiver in my house with fear. And hopefully you would not either. 

maybe Bush should have changed the course of this unpopular war instead of being stubborn and "staying the course". Sometimes you have to come to terms with making a mistake and take a different turn.

We will be policing that crizap hole for 20 more years. We are not a police force but a killing force. Put the needed troops in there and kill all the insurgents.   

you can say 4,000 is a statistic to bring us down but it is the truth. No need to spill American blood on the other side of the world in a place where we are not wanted. Let them kill themselves.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

ProEMTPFF

#9
I served 8 years in the US Army and was in Desert Shield and Storm. I have no problem at all with us being over in Iraq. We should have stayed the first time and finished the job BUT we didn't. So, now we are going to finish the job as long as we don't get some liberal "tree hugging" President. I'm now 39, have a wife and two children and I'm thinking of signing back up. Being prior military even at my age I can go back and I just might.

Put things into perspective.........more people are murdered in any one MAJOR US city like Chicago or LA than ALL the soldiers killed in the same day, week or month. I can live with that.
2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels


[url="http://www.4x4country.net"]http://www.4x4country.net[/url]

yunt2ride

Quote from: Cosmo on March 20, 2008, 05:18:04 PM
I come from a family that is of pure military background. My grand father was a SS Officer in the nazi army, After the war he imigrated to this great country. My father was a colonel in the US Army for 20 years. My cousins, all marines, my brothers firefighters and cops. We have felt the strain on our family as my own blood has been shipped over seas. One of my best friends nearly lost his life due to IED over there. However, everyone who has served over there keeps coming back with the same message. Its a mess, but the people want and need us. 4000 lives is a statistic to try to bring people down. Half a million lives in ww2, 70,000 lives in vietnam? The cost of life is heavy in everywar, but you have to outweigh the cost of the ability for children to go and get an education, for a woman to walk down the street to a corner market and not be beat for being acussed of adultery because she is not walking with a man. I hate to say it but there are too many people in this country who continue to try to drag it down because they are so unhappy with their own existance *Nacy Fonda/Jane Polosi* You have to remember that the continuation of OUR FREEDOM IN OUR COUNTRY is DEFENDED in these countries where we are having these unpopular wars. The second iran detonates a IED on US soil everyone will be out for blood. That is what this war is about, making sure that never happens. The second IED and attacks start becoming a regular thing here in the US its too late. Your freedom will be down the shitter. Not because lawmakers will change it but because FEAR will consume you. You are too scared to go to work, to the market, church etc. My only request is before you go making accusations about how G.W.Bush has fucked everything up, ask your self this.. what president in the last 20 years would have done what he has with his resolve to not sway on getting this done. I personally dont agree with going into Iraq, but I do stand behind a President who does not falter and change his opinion every time the wind blows a different direction.


Quote from: ProEMTPFF on March 20, 2008, 05:54:45 PM
I served 8 years in the US Army and was in Desert Shield and Storm. I have no problem at all with us being over in Iraq. We should have stayed the first time and finnished the job BUT we didn't. So, now we are going to finnish the job as long as we don't get some liberal "tree hugging" President. I'm now 39, have a wife and two children and I'm thinking of signing back up. Being prior military even at my age I can go back and I just might.

Put things into perspective.........more people are murdered in any one MAJOR US city like Chicago or LA than ALL the soldiers killed in the same day, week or month. I can live with that.


:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif

Thanks for your service.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

FishaHallic

#11
Quote from: Cosmo on March 20, 2008, 05:18:04 PM
I come from a family that is of pure military background. My grand father was a SS Officer in the nazi army, After the war he imigrated to this great country. My father was a colonel in the US Army for 20 years. My cousins, all marines, my brothers firefighters and cops. We have felt the strain on our family as my own blood has been shipped over seas. One of my best friends nearly lost his life due to IED over there. However, everyone who has served over there keeps coming back with the same message. Its a mess, but the people want and need us. 4000 lives is a statistic to try to bring people down. Half a million lives in ww2, 70,000 lives in vietnam? The cost of life is heavy in everywar, but you have to outweigh the cost of the ability for children to go and get an education, for a woman to walk down the street to a corner market and not be beat for being acussed of adultery because she is not walking with a man. I hate to say it but there are too many people in this country who continue to try to drag it down because they are so unhappy with their own existance *Nacy Fonda/Jane Polosi* You have to remember that the continuation of OUR FREEDOM IN OUR COUNTRY is DEFENDED in these countries where we are having these unpopular wars. The second iran detonates a IED on US soil everyone will be out for blood. That is what this war is about, making sure that never happens. The second IED and attacks start becoming a regular thing here in the US its too late. Your freedom will be down the shitter. Not because lawmakers will change it but because FEAR will consume you. You are too scared to go to work, to the market, church etc. My only request is before you go making accusations about how G.W.Bush has fucked everything up, ask your self this.. what president in the last 20 years would have done what he has with his resolve to not sway on getting this done. I personally dont agree with going into Iraq, but I do stand behind a President who does not falter and change his opinion every time the wind blows a different direction.

First off the fact that your grandfather was SS officer is nothing to be proud about IMO.

And this comment is part of the problem "what president in the last 20 years would have done what he has with his resolve to not sway on getting this done."  It's a fact that GW went about the war in the wrong way, not nearly enough troops to get the job done in a timely manner so now, no matter what the United States does, there will be a civil war when we leave.  Iraq is lost unless we occupy it for decades and nobody should want that to happen.  I was for this war also but it is very apparent that GW and his henchmen screwed it up and did not recognize it until it was too late,  "resolve" is one thing but pure stupidity and stuborness is something else.

And I won't even comment on this  "And we are not screwed if the phyco skirt or the racist black guy get elected?" but anyone that has read some of my recent post should know what I am thinking.


FishaHallic

"4000 lives is a statistic ", tell that to the families of the dead soldiers  :(

Fox17

if we did not fight these bastards, that statistic or whatever you want to call it would be 4,000,000 deaths of civilians in the USA.

FishaHallic

Quote from: ananomaly on March 20, 2008, 04:04:30 PM
Here's a good read that the liberal press won't print. :-*

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Iraq/wm1860.cfm

:R 2:L :R  I see that this is not a biased opinion?  Liberal press, give me a break, they did not seem too liberal when the Monica Lewinsky thing was going on did they?   I will reserve the rest of my opinion so as not get beat up again by a internet bully  ;D, J/K Cableguy

ananomaly

Looked factual to me. Even had references. ::)
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

FishaHallic

I never said it was not factual, but you can shape the facts to read anyway you want.  Look at what GW did with the "facts" about weapons of mass destruction and for that matter his resume to be president has been shaped so many times even he himself would not recognize it.  BTW, I did not even read what it said, as soon as I went to the website you could tell it was slanted way, way to the right.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: FishaHallic on March 20, 2008, 06:59:20 PM
Quote from: ananomaly on March 20, 2008, 04:04:30 PM
Here's a good read that the liberal press won't print. :-*

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Iraq/wm1860.cfm

:R 2:L :R  I see that this is not a biased opinion?  Liberal press, give me a break, they did not seem too liberal when the Monica Lewinsky thing was going on did they?   I will reserve the rest of my opinion so as not get beat up again by a internet bully  ;D, J/K Cableguy



Fish are you fishing because I'm not going to bite.You caused another grey hair in my mustache last time.LOL.

FishaHallic


trx#9

The longer we stay over there the worst it will be for us in the long run. Were only making more enemies than ever and dragging up the oil prices even higher.
We still have 30 thousand troops in south Korea. See a trend!
Just like Ron Paul said pull everyone out of the middle east along with all the money too and we can live income tax free. Plus we won't ruffle anymore feathers over there.
I also like how Bush signed a billion dollar deal to sell laser guided bombs to Egypt. Do you see a trend here too. You gun ho military guys that back anything the president says will sure like being shot by our own weapons in a few years.  :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

gtnwood

This thread is worthless without an intelligent post
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

GrizzlyGator

#21
The U.S. avg's 15,000 murders a year >:(
The U.S. avg's 14,000 drunk driving deaths a year   >:(
That's 145,000 lives since the War started..................
Korean war.........54,000 lives lost
Vietnam.............58,000 lives lost
While every life (4000) we have lost over in the middle east is tragic it compares nothing to what we experiences here between our own borders on a yearly basis!!! Hell we have some cities here that have more deaths (murders) per month than the whole damn war per month!! I won't say the war is worth it but at least they aren't dying in vain and there is a cause!  "What a Waste"!! I don't think so Wilburz  :( lets sit back and see how history plays out on this whole matter (wether we should have gone there or not)! until then all conjecture anyway...

ananomaly

Quote from: FishaHallic on March 21, 2008, 12:06:02 AM
I never said it was not factual, but you can shape the facts to read anyway you want.  Look at what GW did with the "facts" about weapons of mass destruction and for that matter his resume to be president has been shaped so many times even he himself would not recognize it.  BTW, I did not even read what it said, as soon as I went to the website you could tell it was slanted way, way to the right.

There you have it. What a ramus ???
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

ananomaly

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

Anoriginal

God I am way too tired to post anything sensible here.

You are all lucky. lol  ;)

I'm going to go change another diaper and take a nap.