Need Help deciding on ATV

Started by civisi, February 27, 2008, 05:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

civisi

I need a little help on deciding on what atv fits me and my riding style....I do most of my riding out at my uncles place and croom..I am 5"4 and 140 lbs.. Which would I feel most comfortable on as far as some jumping and trail riding ..Would the suzuki ltz 400 or the yfz 450 suit be best ???? Thanks for any help.....

Chillinthemost

#1
If there is any chance that you want to race then get the 450. The 400 is a great machine though and smoother and easier to trail ride.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Turboderf

get a 450 something blue or red you cant go wrong

~Demon_Boy250X~

I think the 400EX would be a great choice for a first bike in my opinion. But you can't go wrong with a 450 though it will take quite a bit of time to get used to the power of the 450s as a starter bike. If a 450 id say either the YFZ or the 450R are both great. I am a Honda man so i'd go with the 450R. If you want a 400 i think that the 400EX is one of the greatest all around ATVs out there. Though the Z400s are good bikes too but stock... they are pretty tippy in my opinion.
#20 Damian "Demon" Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
Alba +2 +1 A-Arms
Durablue +4 Axle
Tag T2 Handle Bars
ITP Beadlocks
Holeshots
AC Racing Bumper
Graydon Proline Nerf Bars
Elka Shock Covers
Oneal Racing Grips

"Faster than I've ever been, slower than I want

Silverback

yfz 450 hands down..it's a quick lil bike
**Go-rilla or Go home!**

08' Can-am max 800-turbo charged and big lifted

04' Yamaha grizzly 660

ztgenesis

Get a real quad,,      Get a big dawg utility 4x4 , u cant go wrong,  You will live longer with one of these lol  ;D ;D
GiterDONE.........

MudMan

2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

klutchbuster400

lt-r or yfz is you want to race, but if you want a more casual ride, go for a z400. I take my Z400 everywhere and it preforms awesome.
I'd look for something 400cc's or up. Suzuki won me because I think they have the best product for a longer period of time. The 400ex didn't get reverse until 05 I believe, where as the z400 had it in 03. If price is an issue, you can find a bit older z400 for a lot cheaper then a newer ex.
When it comes to mx, I'd say Lt-r because it has the best stock set up. It comes widen, with long travel suspension, which you have to pay thousands, for an aftermarket shock with long-travel.
For XC I would go around the kfx 450 or the 450r. I never liked the feeling of a 450r on the track, but they feel good in tighter situations like trails.
If you like mudding, I'd say a 4x4, but I dont know much about those bikes, so I have no advice when it comes to utilities.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com