Another Riding Area Gone Real Soon

Started by Anoriginal, January 22, 2008, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScooterB

I talked at length with Ed Clark from Big Cypress and he assured all at the OHV meeting that there is NO plan to eliminate OHV use in Big Cypress. He did say there have been law suites from the Enviro wacks about the opening of more trails near Bear Island. and that the recent events with the
"racing quads" was just more fuel for the enviro's fight. They will continue to enforce all rules and they will not tolerate folks breaking the rules. He also stated that they are allowing "buggys in a box" aka Side by Sides in Big Cypress.
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

450R_Matt

Could a none registered Jeep be considered a buggy? It meets the tire requirements, I have the title but is not in my name yet. If I brought this to the oasis station with the bill of sale would it be allowed to run on the buggy trails not just Bear Island?
Looking togo out tomorrow.

Thanks, Matt   
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

lswjth2

Matt, when you go to register this, take the windshield off, hence making it a "non street legal" vehicle.ask that they register this as a swamp buggy, this is what i did with a blazer we once had. By the way, I will be at monroe station tomorrow in a white and blue chevy blazer towing a trailer with 2 atv's and a blue rhino. I should be thee around 8 good luck am or so, if you want  stop by and say hi, btw, i also live in Naples...good luck!

450R_Matt

Quote from: lswjth2 on February 15, 2008, 08:55:37 PM
Matt, when you go to register this, take the windshield off, hence making it a "non street legal" vehicle.ask that they register this as a swamp buggy, this is what i did with a blazer we once had. By the way, I will be at monroe station tomorrow in a white and blue chevy blazer towing a trailer with 2 atv's and a blue rhino. I should be thee around 8 good luck am or so, if you want  stop by and say hi, btw, i also live in Naples...good luck!

Rick,
I will be at the oasis when they open. I will be in the white titan towing a bright blue Jeep on 40 swampers. The lift, welded diffs and other missing parts should be enough for none street legal??? . I will bring the tools to remove the windshield also if need too. I'm not familiar with Monroe station. I was going to hit turner river rd. and maybe ride out of one of those trails. Any suggestions?  I'll pm you my cell. Hit me up about 8:30am 

Matt
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

crom A zone

yep i got i got suz and beer cans dont stay on it lol   lol if we ban 4x4 from holylands there will be very lil theft and vandlizm at camps b/c 2wd can only get out there 1 or 2 months out of the year 


i really dont care how u are that is really funny    lol
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on January 23, 2008, 04:19:05 PM
yeah......... JackL  :(   Learned is lesson hhmmmm I dont know about that! Once a dumb azz, always a dumb azz


You prove that with nearly every post.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com