I want the truth on the 06 YFZ 450...

Started by BadBowtie03, April 07, 2005, 06:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBowtie03

Hey everyone, I over heard that the new YFZ is going to be a full 450 cc's... Is that true???!! I'm am planning on purchasing a new one in about a month but if the 06 will be better I think that I can hold off until then... Does anyone know how to confirm this? Is yamaha gonna change anything else on the bike?? Thanks alot for the help!!
New YFZ Wanted

400exRacer77

hey badbowtie where u at in palmetto im close to u just wanted to know
2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......

LE450-RACER#77

I have read in a couple of places that yes it was going to be a true 450 in 06.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

YFZ450AndyH

I have heard the same thing, but Im so happy with my '05 439cc, that Im glad I didnt wait.  It doesnt take much to squeeze extra power out of the quad.  

Exmx54

There won't be a much noticable increase in power, most of the power comes from increasing the compression, which most people do when they bore out an engine.

YamahaWarrior350

The YFZ 450 are hardcore racing and run great.  But dont plan to keep the YFZ 450 longer than 4-5 yrs.  If you want a quad that will last you get a honda 450R