New use for decibel meter

Started by backinsaddle, January 02, 2008, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backinsaddle

I'm in radio shack the other day and decide to pick up a decibel meter so I can monitor exhaust noise.  As I'm reading through the instructions in the house, my squeaky 5 year old is making all kinds of noise.  A revelation comes to mind...squeaky kid, decibel meter...hmmmm.  You guessed it, we now have a decibel limit in our house  ;D

predatorracer8

lol have buzzers and lights flash when its too loud

gearhead400

hahah yes! buzzers and lights. That would be hilarious.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Young Gun

LMAO. 

I remember back in the day in 6th grade I think.  My Language Arts teacher had a stoplight on the wall designed for talking.  Green meant a good talking level, yellow meant be careful, and red meant you better shuttup.  It had sensitivity adjustment too lol.  I hated that thing.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

backinsaddle

I was thinking more along the lines of shock collar with automated warning at around 75 db, and then full shock treatment once it hits 90db or so...then it's hands off child rearing :R ;)

gearhead400

umm, someone MIGHT want to call child services... hahahhah juuuuuuuust kidding, i did my fair share of baby sitting with past girlfriends, a shock collar was like a slap on the wrist compared to what i felt like doing to some of those kids. lol
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

backinsaddle

Quote from: gearhead400 on January 02, 2008, 08:42:30 PM
umm, someone MIGHT want to call child services... hahahhah juuuuuuuust kidding, i did my fair share of baby sitting with past girlfriends, a shock collar was like a slap on the wrist compared to what i felt like doing to some of those kids. lol

i know, i am too... ;D ;D

my kids are the greatest, my youngest does wake up the neighborhood though...you can hear him coming a mile away

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: backinsaddle on January 02, 2008, 06:40:02 PM
I'm in radio shack the other day and decide to pick up a decibel meter so I can monitor exhaust noise.  As I'm reading through the instructions in the house, my squeaky 5 year old is making all kinds of noise.  A revelation comes to mind...squeaky kid, decibel meter...hmmmm.  You guessed it, we now have a decibel limit in our house  ;D

LOL!! 2:L
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ida_Mann

if you make a shock collar for kids,,,,can you make an adult sized one for bosses ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com