i got a wierd clutch problem with my pred please help!!!!

Started by predatorracer8, January 01, 2008, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

predatorracer8



i mentioned everything it did in the video but please help, ive heard it might be a shifter fork broke. please help im supposed to go to the race this weekend.

thanks, jake

slam1

Hi Jake, I hate to say it but that looks like a tranny problem. Go see your local quad mechanic and get a real opinion. Time is critical if you want to make that race.
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

predatorracer8

exactly but unfortunately i rely on alot of unreliable people to make my racing work because i dont have a car and im not even an adult so i have to wait around for him to get of his ace and bring it. so hopefully ill make it but past situations like this tell otherwise. and i know its the fork because when i click the shifter down and let my foot off it sounds like something is bouncing up and falling making a ting sound, like dropping a quarter or pin etc.

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

predatorracer8


mudnuri

Or maybe time for a Yamaha?

"and no getting a yamaha or honda etc. will not get me any faster im looking to win more not breakdown.lol"

I had to go with #9 and take a shot, too!
Sorry to read about your luck. I hope you get it fixed in time for the race.
Invest in the tools and do the work yourself. It's not really that hard. Get the shop manual. It can be fun. I found most all of my tools at the flea market for a song compared to new.
Your going to have to split the case for sure doing tranny work. At least save yourself some money by taking the engine out for the mechanic.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

lugnuts

I can fix that for you but I know we dont have trans parts in stock for that and if ordered tomorrow it would be sometime next week on the parts


steve

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

predatorracer8

Quote from: mudnuri on January 01, 2008, 09:28:18 PM
Or maybe time for a Yamaha?

"and no getting a yamaha or honda etc. will not get me any faster im looking to win more not breakdown.lol"

I had to go with #9 and take a shot, too!
Sorry to read about your luck. I hope you get it fixed in time for the race.
Invest in the tools and do the work yourself. It's not really that hard. Get the shop manual. It can be fun. I found most all of my tools at the flea market for a song compared to new.
Your going to have to split the case for sure doing tranny work. At least save yourself some money by taking the engine out for the mechanic.

lol brian no yams for me,

i would do it myself but do to this month there is a race every weekend except for one i do not have the knowledge nor expirience to do it in that short time, if this happened in the off-season i'd have her cracked open.

svtbolt04

Well, unless you get crackin now (the HS doesnt count for points anyways) I hope you can ride really good in reverse.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

mudnuri

Quote from: lugnuts on January 01, 2008, 09:45:52 PM
I can fix that for you but I know we dont have trans parts in stock for that and if ordered tomorrow it would be sometime next week on the parts
steve

Take this offer!! One race may be all that you miss. If you overnight the parts I'd bet your machine will be ready for the QS in Myakka City.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

predatorracer8

lugnuts were is your shop and can you pm me your number.

slam1

Hey, this doesn't have anything to do with that sprocket change does it?
Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

lugnuts

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

predatorracer8

Quote from: slam1 on January 02, 2008, 06:39:33 PM
Hey, this doesn't have anything to do with that sprocket change does it?
i havent changed it yet. but no it doesnt it was the whole transmission basically from what i here from the shop.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com