Flat Track racing at Eastbay Raceway Riverview

Started by Hoosier Daddy, December 22, 2004, 06:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier Daddy

OK i just spoke with the todd the promoter at Eastbay Raceway in riverview. http://www.eastbayracewaypark.com/dirt_track_home.html

I need to know how many people will commit to racing there.
It will not be on saturday nights most likley on Friday nights or sunday days. Id rather race on friday night since its so hot during the summer months. The best option would be to race on saturday nights with all the stock cars and such. If we can get a large number of racers to call Todd at Eastbay we might be able to push the door open on this. this track is right off I75 minutes from brandon. so tell your friends even if they want to come watch, tracks are in it for the money so we have to make that look good with people coming out there.

Chris
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

jayman

Hoosier Daddy, did you ever get any where with East Bay Raceway?  Looks like there was  not any support for it. Is it still an option?
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

jayman

I agree but a few years ago flat track wasnt "IN" as much as it is now.  This track is close to home and it would be nice to have one local ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

fastrnrik

We would come and check it out. We're always looking for something new to scope out. Friday nights would be a little tough due to work, but whatever.

jayman

Sounds like we can get some support  ::)  Lets present this to them again.  How many will be on board?  Please reply ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

fastrnrik

I clicked on the link to the track several times but the page was unavailable. Do you have any details on the track? Length, shape, etc.?

jayman

It has been many years since I was last there, but it is a "D" oval with great banking, I beleive it is 1/3 mile
I found the site, it is eastbayracewaypark.com
Hopefully we can get some support.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

1FasterBlaster

Are you talking about flat track racing on quads? I think that would be awsome!!

RTR_380/450R

Im in like Flynn, Brother!  Any night or day!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

jayman

Seems we have more support in a hour than we did in 1 1/2 years!  Hopefully Hoosier Daddy will see this and attempt to set us up!  I sent Hoosier Daddy an email because the pm button wasnt working for him earlier.  I really hope that we can start racing there!  Ocala just seems to far to drive every weekend.  :D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

qt314nfla

That's close to home I'd be willing to come and watch and meet some of y'all.  Heck Friday night I could stop off on my way to camp.  Sunday afternoon I could stop off on my way home.

1FasterBlaster

Riding to Ocala to ride is worth it when you have a good group like we do when we go.But racing on a flat track sounds like fun.

jayman

My bad I was talking about the flat track in Ocala, I too love the trails in Ocala!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

1FasterBlaster

If you look in the group rides section, Rellemniets has a kewl pic of us riding in Ocala.

Hoosier Daddy

The Reason why Eastbay never happened is becuse they would only let us race on the kart track,
which is WAY to short and narrow and has 0deg. banking. If we could race on Saturday nights before the sprints, cars, ETC. that would be ideal. This way we could race the track before it gets rutted up.
maybe we can do a Expo race one night to see how it goes with the crowd?...
Keep in mind, due to the size and banking of this track it isnt for the faint of heart..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

HillKiller

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on July 19, 2006, 06:57:06 AM
The Reason why Eastbay never happened is becuse they would only let us race on the kart track,
which is WAY to short and narrow and has 0deg. banking. If we could race on Saturday nights before the sprints, cars, ETC. that would be ideal. This way we could race the track before it gets rutted up.
maybe we can do a Expo race one night to see how it goes with the crowd?...
Keep in mind, due to the size and banking of this track it isnt for the faint of heart..

Concrete walls and quads dont mix...
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

jayman

So I guess that this will probabely go no where :'(
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Skully

Have you seen the kart track in the last 2 yrs.? It's wider than Dade City was and about the same length. I ran LM's at East Bay for 5 yrs, and I don't think quads would work on the big track at all. Besides, they kinda use the kart track on Sat night shows, so it would prolly be on Fri nights with the karts.

Anyway....... I'd love to try it, and can bring 3-4 ft quads.
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

HillKiller

   We ran 4 quads at a time in Valdosta, top two transferred to an A main and bottom two transferred to a B main so if Eastbay will let us run the Kart track it could work. Somebody call that man. Be sure to tell him we run flattrack tires only so he doesn't think quads will come tear up his track. Friday nights would be good for me since we run Ocala on Saturdays.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

01ZX12R

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

HillKiller

   I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

jayman

Quote from: HillKiller on July 20, 2006, 03:22:51 PM
   I spoke with the track Pres today. He is willing to take a look at running quads on the Kart track which is 1/8 mile white clay. More to follow...

Good job Hillkiller, I am anxious to hear more!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

dreth

i will be back in action in about 2 months and i will be coming out again. ive been waiting on a frame for my quad since i cracked mine in 8 places :( my family will be back as soon as all the quads are fixed.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com