installed strobes into the grill of my truck

Started by 300 quadrunner, December 05, 2007, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardman

#50
some of the newer street bikes have a front headlight that strobes or flashes.  I guess that's great for safety of the biker but I've always thought it was pretty distracting for everyone else.

SHHHHHH, can you all keep a secret?  I hardly ever wear my seat belt.  FIGHT THE POWER! STICK IT TO THE "THE MAN" :drive.gif  ;D   :P ;)

My next door neighbor is LEO.  I've always wanted to sneak over and put some vaseline under his door handle.  :D

Of course I would tell him the next day if was me.  8) He's a good guy and I don't worry too much about my outside stuff walking off with his POV parked next to my house. 

Young Gun

Quote from: jrpro130 on December 08, 2007, 03:41:10 AM
Anyway, I don't think white/yellow is a problem.  I wouldn't run them on any street or backroad though, just me.

I'm doing red/white just for my atv because we have a little firefighter thing going, it's kinda a club thing, red/white is fire, so we are running red/white...on an ATV it's a totally different ball game.

Amber and white are basically saying 'caution'.  I'm sure everyone has seen the US mail trucks with the single flashing light.  Or the small truck that follows the big overloaded truck with the flags and lights.  Those are legal as long as you dont use them for the wrong reasons.

If your with a fire department I dont see why you wouldnt be able to put lights on any vehicle of yours.  If your off duty and see an accident, you can use the lights to warn other people to slow down while you direct traffic or something.

IMO, Police Departments should allow pedestrians to take a training course of some kind and authorize them to have lights on their vehicle.  Volunteer basically, except they use their own vehicle.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Young Gun

Quote from: buzzardman on December 08, 2007, 03:54:20 AM
some of the newer street bikes have a front headlight that strobes or flashes.  I guess that's great for safety of the biker but I've always thought it was pretty distracting for everyone else.

SHHHHHH, can you all keep a secret?  I hardly ever wear my seat belt.  FIGHT THE POWER!   :P ;)

Those are distracting as hell.  I hate those!  It makes me think "Is he he going over a bump.... but the road isnt bumpy?"

*sits quietly and still and feels for bumps.*

*continues to think why the light was flickering lol.

The male brain right there ^^^
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

NYRAPTOR

i put red and blue lights on my christmas tree and my tree is now serving 25 ta life! :o wa wa wa!

300 quadrunner

nope it is just 4 white lights, and it looks like the frnt end of a FWC truck, i dont have ne blue lights, lmao @ raptor thats funny, but them bikes with the strobes suck, i always think its some un-marked cops or something,  flare gun much???
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

gearhead400

Wow, more power to you PBSO, i wouldnt be able to take dealing with these kids that dont listen or respect law enforcement.

#1, i think strobes are cool when you use them in a legal manner. They look cool....thats that.

#2 I cant believe your dad even allows you to drive a vehicle after you used the strobes on him.

#3 i HAAAATE this "no snitch" society we live in today. "i cant believe you ratted me out" WHAT?! you have to be kidding me?! its his JOBBBB! apparently you dont know the meaning of that though since your unemployeed right now.

I dont do dumb crap like this but if i did i would definitely thank PBSO for warning me about the trouble i was getting myself into. Further more, if he WOULDNT of reported you, you would of never thought twice about his post. And he knows that, which makes him a good cop. If i ever DO run into a problem with the law, i would hope someone like PBSO would be the first on the scene. Your doin good man, thank you.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

renmus

Quote from: gearhead400 on December 08, 2007, 10:40:03 PM
Wow, more power to you PBSO, i wouldnt be able to take dealing with these kids that dont listen or respect law enforcement.

#1, i think strobes are cool when you use them in a legal manner. They look cool....thats that.

#2 I cant believe your dad even allows you to drive a vehicle after you used the strobes on him.

#3 i HAAAATE this "no snitch" society we live in today. "i cant be :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.giflieve you ratted me out" WHAT?! you have to be kidding me?! its his JOBBBB! apparently you dont know the meaning of that though since your unemployeed right now.

I dont do dumb crap like this but if i did i would definitely thank PBSO for warning me about the trouble i was getting myself into. Further more, if he WOULDNT of reported you, you would of never thought twice about his post. And he knows that, which makes him a good cop. If i ever DO run into a problem with the law, i would hope someone like PBSO would be the first on the scene. Your doin good man, thank you.

I back that up.

jrpro130

Quote from: REBEL on December 08, 2007, 03:55:22 AM
Quote from: jrpro130 on December 08, 2007, 03:41:10 AM
Anyway, I don't think white/yellow is a problem.  I wouldn't run them on any street or backroad though, just me.

I'm doing red/white just for my atv because we have a little firefighter thing going, it's kinda a club thing, red/white is fire, so we are running red/white...on an ATV it's a totally different ball game.

Amber and white are basically saying 'caution'.  I'm sure everyone has seen the US mail trucks with the single flashing light.  Or the small truck that follows the big overloaded truck with the flags and lights.  Those are legal as long as you dont use them for the wrong reasons.

If your with a fire department I dont see why you wouldnt be able to put lights on any vehicle of yours.  If your off duty and see an accident, you can use the lights to warn other people to slow down while you direct traffic or something.

IMO, Police Departments should allow pedestrians to take a training course of some kind and authorize them to have lights on their vehicle.  Volunteer basically, except they use their own vehicle.

Most volunteer fire depts. allow the use of lights (code 2) to move traffic on your personal vehicle.  You have to be en route to the station/call.  I think it's great! 

I'd love to have them on my truck, but I see no point at all.  It's a waste of money IMO.  I would never use them.  I stopped by an accident the other day and just used my hazzards and it was PLENTY.  I have a lifted truck so it's not like people can't see me.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

300 quadrunner

gearhead, dude this post is a complete mus understanding, and my dad has no say so in my life, and i am emplyed, thank you, but the lights are white, not blue, and i used them once to pull over MY FATHER, which says the same thing ne other redneck father says, yeehaww thats kool etc... so if you dont mind, leave urself out of this situation
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

jrpro130

Quote from: 300 quadrunner on December 08, 2007, 11:47:51 PM
gearhead, dude this post is a complete mus understanding, and my dad has no say so in my life, and i am emplyed, thank you, but the lights are white, not blue, and i used them once to pull over MY FATHER, which says the same thing ne other redneck father says, yeehaww thats kool etc... so if you dont mind, leave urself out of this situation

I'll give you a git-r-done for that one! +1 For the rednecks!!!!  ;D Yeeeeahhhhhahaawww
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Young Gun

Quote from: jrpro130 on December 08, 2007, 11:39:38 PM
Most volunteer fire depts. allow the use of lights (code 2) to move traffic on your personal vehicle.  You have to be en route to the station/call.  I think it's great! 

I'd love to have them on my truck, but I see no point at all.  It's a waste of money IMO.  I would never use them.  I stopped by an accident the other day and just used my hazzards and it was PLENTY.  I have a lifted truck so it's not like people can't see me.

A friend of ours that lives down the street is a retired fireman I think.  He now just volunteers -- he has a single red flashing light in his van.  I see him on alot of calls so his comes in handy.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

jrpro130

Quote from: REBEL on December 09, 2007, 01:44:35 AM
Quote from: jrpro130 on December 08, 2007, 11:39:38 PM
Most volunteer fire depts. allow the use of lights (code 2) to move traffic on your personal vehicle.  You have to be en route to the station/call.  I think it's great! 

I'd love to have them on my truck, but I see no point at all.  It's a waste of money IMO.  I would never use them.  I stopped by an accident the other day and just used my hazzards and it was PLENTY.  I have a lifted truck so it's not like people can't see me.

A friend of ours that lives down the street is a retired fireman I think.  He now just volunteers -- he has a single red flashing light in his van.  I see him on alot of calls so his comes in handy.

Yea, volunteers usually have it so they have a good response time.  It's a cool idea.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Young Gun

Quote from: jrpro130 on December 09, 2007, 01:50:37 AM
Yea, volunteers usually have it so they have a good response time.  It's a cool idea.

What do you have to do to become a volunteer?  I wouldn't mind helping out.

I talked to a FHP officer and he said that it doesn't work the same with police departments.. no volunteers.  But you can imagine why lol.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Miami450R

LOL. i can do this one thing with my car. it looks pretty cool.I just figured it out today


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQj5mkD13Xg



[sarcasm]I wonder how many dumb fools i can pull over today !! :) lets try it ,, YEAH![/sarcasm]


How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

jrpro130

Quote from: REBEL on December 09, 2007, 01:52:27 AM
Quote from: jrpro130 on December 09, 2007, 01:50:37 AM
Yea, volunteers usually have it so they have a good response time.  It's a cool idea.

What do you have to do to become a volunteer?  I wouldn't mind helping out.

I talked to a FHP officer and he said that it doesn't work the same with police departments.. no volunteers.  But you can imagine why lol.

Usually you just have to be Fire I and First Responder certified.  For more information just talk to the departmnt you want to go for.  Usually they are NOT very strict.

Volunteers are usually the guys who won't/can't get hired by paid departments in FL, unless it's a RURAL area (keyword).  I know in central florida it is RULED by volly's.  Down by me, they are laughed at.

I think it's great!

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

300 quadrunner

yea i removed the lights, and shall invest in something like new rims and mud tires, lmao went fishing today, and didnt do to bad!!!!!!!  great way to put an end to this week of endless work!
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

caospop

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on December 07, 2007, 02:40:25 AM
300 quadrunner,

I hope you understand this is a public forum. You basically documented the fact that you commited a felony by activating your strobes on a public roadway and caused traffic to alter direction. I suggest you remove the strobes before your stopped. I also forwarded this to BSO and Metro-Dade so they can follow up on any complaints. Your vehicle is described on your posts, along with others thinking of doing the same thing. I suggest spending the money on your quad, not illegal lighting. Please review the below. I'm telling you this so everyone can prevent any jail time and the forfeiture of their vehicle if caught. Some laws that get fractured aren't really a big deal, but this one is.......




316.2397  Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1)  No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2)  It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.



843.081  Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.--

(1)  The Legislature finds and declares that Florida's citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.

(2)  It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any nongovernmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.

(3)  The provisions of this section shall not apply to salespersons, service representatives, or other employees of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.

(4)  For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.

(5)  Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.



843.08  Falsely personating officer, etc.--A person who falsely assumes or pretends to be a sheriff, officer of the Florida Highway Patrol, officer of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, officer of the Department of Environmental Protection, officer of the Department of Transportation, officer of the Department of Financial Services, officer of the Department of Corrections, correctional probation officer, deputy sheriff, state attorney or assistant state attorney, statewide prosecutor or assistant statewide prosecutor, state attorney investigator, coroner, police officer, lottery special agent or lottery investigator, beverage enforcement agent, or watchman, or any member of the Parole Commission and any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission, or any personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement, or a federal law enforcement officer as defined in s. 901.1505, and takes upon himself or herself to act as such, or to require any other person to aid or assist him or her in a matter pertaining to the duty of any such officer, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; however, a person who falsely personates any such officer during the course of the commission of a felony commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; except that if the commission of the felony results in the death or personal injury of another human being, the person commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.


:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif  You really can't be any more correct here PBSO. But then again you really cant talk to these JITS. They know it all remember. MIAMI DADE will prosecute you for this type of behavior. As for me working in a county jail there are just as many unmarked cars out there as there are marked cars... SO go out and play kiddo your just job security for me. I will retire plenty.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

greenmachine

Quote from: 300 quadrunner on December 08, 2007, 11:47:51 PM
gearhead, dude this post is a complete mus understanding, and my dad has no say so in my life, and i am emplyed, thank you, but the lights are white, not blue, and i used them once to pull over MY FATHER, which says the same thing ne other redneck father says, yeehaww thats kool etc... so if you dont mind, leave urself out of this situation
That says it all. ::)

300 quadrunner

lights are off, money going towards a lift kit,  CL CL CL  ne one riding this weekend in holeylands?
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

WickedBanshee

316.2397  Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1)  No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying [b]a red or blue light visible from directly in front[/b] thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2)  It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.



843.081  Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.--

(1)  The Legislature finds and declares that Florida's citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.

(2)  It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any nongovernmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.

(3)  The provisions of this section shall not apply to salespersons, service representatives, or other employees of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.

(4)  For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.

(5)  Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.


Seems this LAW here does not apply to flashing , strobing or rotating WHITE lights ....Hmmmmmm  maybe I'm wrong ?
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

jrpro130

Quote from: WickedBanshee on December 11, 2007, 09:46:12 PM
316.2397  Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1)  No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying [b]a red or blue light visible from directly in front[/b] thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2)  It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.



843.081  Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.--

(1)  The Legislature finds and declares that Florida's citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.

(2)  It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any nongovernmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.

(3)  The provisions of this section shall not apply to salespersons, service representatives, or other employees of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.

(4)  For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.

(5)  Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.


Seems this LAW here does not apply to flashing , strobing or rotating WHITE lights ....Hmmmmmm  maybe I'm wrong ?


Your not wrong. 

Tow trucks, construction trucks, etc, flash yellow all day long.  IIRC they do not have a special license or anything (maybe CDL for tow truck) and thats all.  They are warning lights. 

I would definetly do amber/white on my truck, theres a few times I've said, "wow it would be nice ot have strobes" because some a-hole on the side of the road almost hit me when I'm towing something.  I usually pull over for a break or something along those lines.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

300 quadrunner

yea it would be nice to have for those reasons, i trailer a flatsboat and take breaks when i travel longer then 3 hrs to cool the truck.
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: 300 quadrunner on December 12, 2007, 05:38:04 PM
yea it would be nice to have for those reasons, i trailer a flatsboat and take breaks when i travel longer then 3 hrs to cool the truck.

too cool the truck?  it doesn't have a grill or fan on it?  trying not to be sarcastic, but I have never heard of people doing this.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

greenmachine


Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...