ATV Insurance

Started by AmericanRobster, November 27, 2007, 10:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I know that there is a thread  about this somewhere.....

I am looking to switch to Geico because I can remember reading that people are paying about $100 a year for insurance on thier atvs. I was wondering if they went througth an insurance broker or just bought the policy online or over the phone.

Thanks,
Rob
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

TRX470r

I have mine through Geico and I pay 206 a year (south Florida) Humm if your getting a quote for 100 a year i may need to shop around.


2005 HONDA TRX450R
Coverage                          Limit                        Deductible    Premium
BODILY INJURY LIABILITY    $10,000/$20,000    N/A           $20.00
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY   $10,000                    N/A           $14.00
UNINSURED MOTORIST -          STACKED    REJ          N/A         $N/A
COMPREHENSIVE                      N/A                         $500 DED.    $172.00
                                                               Cycle Total:         $206.00
                                                             Total Premium:      $206.00
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

Hoosier Daddy

Well. Miami has the highest rates in all of FL....
So that may be why your rates are a little higher.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

lswjth2

Also try progresisve. I pay $165 a year for an 06 Rhino, an 01 Polaris 500 and a 99 Polaris 335 in Naples.

yunt2ride

I have progressive on two of mine, They are right at $120 each for a year. I got it through my farm bureau agent.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

r6realtor

I went with Gieco and I have full coverage on both the 07 rhino and 08 grizzly $260 for both a year. THe only thing that stinks is they do not cover add ons, tire,wheels, etc. so I have a ton of money in add on crap and that would all be lost, but I guess getting something back if it's stolen is better than getting nothing back.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

caospop

Try foremost. they are a branch of AIG.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

digginfool

You might want to try State Farm as well.  I thought their rates were quite good.  I don't have my policies in front of me (I own 7 atvs right now) but will post more info later.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

TRX470r

Ia there an company out there that covers aftermarket accessories? and also the trailer? I also have a lot invested as well.
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

TRX450R_Racer

Progressive covers aftermarket parts. I pay an extra $35 for every $1000 worth of coverage.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

caospop

Quote from: TRX470r on November 28, 2007, 09:00:43 PM
Ia there an company out there that covers aftermarket accessories? and also the trailer? I also have a lot invested as well.
Foremost covers about $1000.00
BTW there number is 1-800-237-2060

i pay 48.37 a month,.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

yunt2ride

Quote from: caospop on November 29, 2007, 08:08:39 PM
Quote from: TRX470r on November 28, 2007, 09:00:43 PM
Ia there an company out there that covers aftermarket accessories? and also the trailer? I also have a lot invested as well.
Foremost covers about $1000.00
BTW there number is 1-800-237-2060

i pay 48.37 a month,.

Is that $48.37 a month or a year. How many quads do you have on that policy. If its a month then you may want to check out a cheaper policy.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

caospop

The reason its a little higher is cuz of my credit.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

yunt2ride

Quote from: caospop on November 30, 2007, 11:52:30 AM
The reason its a little higher is cuz of my credit.

You still should check with another company. Progressive makes you pay for a full year at one time but mine was only $240 a year for two quads. Check with geico also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

TRX450R_Racer

I pay $274 a year. It covers my quad plus $5000 for aftermarket parts. That's a good start if it gets stolen.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

AmericanRobster

my policy covers my trailer too. It went from 40 a month down to 32 a month. I think that this rate is a little high though. I'm trying to save some money.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

AmericanRobster

Ok, I'm 22 years old, my credit is good. I think the $32 a month for insurance on an ATV is a little pricey. What is a good price to pay for a utility atv with no after market parts, plus cover the trailer? Any help would be great.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: AmericanRobster on December 12, 2007, 04:26:55 PM
Ok, I'm 22 years old, my credit is good. I think the $32 a month for insurance on an ATV is a little pricey. What is a good price to pay for a utility atv with no after market parts, plus cover the trailer? Any help would be great.

Being under 25 years old is probably why it is so high.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

AmericanRobster

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on December 12, 2007, 04:36:28 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on December 12, 2007, 04:26:55 PM
Ok, I'm 22 years old, my credit is good. I think the $32 a month for insurance on an ATV is a little pricey. What is a good price to pay for a utility atv with no after market parts, plus cover the trailer? Any help would be great.

Being under 25 years old is probably why it is so high.

I can understand that for a car, but for an ATV that gets used every now and then  that is kinda pricey.

Ok, If I am pulling my trailer on the highway with my atv on it and it slips off the hitch of my truck, does my car insurance cover that?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

GrlNextDoor

No, your car insurance would not cover the damage done to your ATV in that situation.

GrlNextDoor

Quote from: AmericanRobster on December 12, 2007, 04:26:55 PM
Ok, I'm 22 years old, my credit is good. I think the $32 a month for insurance on an ATV is a little pricey. What is a good price to pay for a utility atv with no after market parts, plus cover the trailer? Any help would be great.

If you have Un/Underinsured motorist coverage, that could be driving your rates up too.

AmericanRobster

Quote from: GrlNextDoor on December 12, 2007, 08:30:37 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on December 12, 2007, 04:26:55 PM
Ok, I'm 22 years old, my credit is good. I think the $32 a month for insurance on an ATV is a little pricey. What is a good price to pay for a utility atv with no after market parts, plus cover the trailer? Any help would be great.

If you have Un/Underinsured motorist coverage, that could be driving your rates up too.

Thank you for all of the info. I think that I am going to look at my policy to see where I can cut back to save some $$$$$

Now I just have to lower my cell phone minutes.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com