Banshee question...

Started by MotoMike, March 03, 2005, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoMike

New to ATV but I am bout to get a Banshee tomorrow.  My goal is to race, not flat track but MX style with jumps...are Banshees good for that?  I need to know ASAP.

Mike

Quad32x

Ive  seen  it  done  Mike  but  there  are  better  suited  bikes  out  there  for  mx.  If  your  buying  new  you  might  conceder  the  other  Yamaha ; YZF 450.  Thats  what  its  made  for.  Also  the  Honda  450  would  be  a  good  choice.  Good  luck  with  whatever  you  pick !!! ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

Nah, actually I am trading my streetbike for a 99 Banshee from a guy on here.  Sweet looking banshee.  What makes a banshee a flat track bike?  Suspension?

Mike

Quad32x

The  man  to  answer  that  would  be  wareracing07.  Thats  what  hes  got  and  what  he  does.  Real  nice  guy  and  you  can  find  him  in  the  racing  scene. ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Hoosier Daddy

#4
Hey! whos talking about me!!! Awwww quad...you think im nice... how sweet.... (shows how well you DONT know me)  [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=Unhappy.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

             Banshees arnt the best MX bikes for pretty much one simple reason! they lack bottom end! They are top end bikes.
Which makes them ideal for F.T. or dune riding. They are a little heavier in the front than most bikes and they arnt as "plush" as some of the 450's or even the 400's for that matter.  Im not saying you cant race a banshee on MX but be prepared for the 4 strokes to whoop up on you as they have tons of bottom end! Try FT you might like it. Plus your bike doesnt get beat up as bad! Hope i helped ya some,

chris
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

1fastltr450

I have never raced on a banshee, but the thones I have raced against on a mx track try to spin alot out of a curve. they are great drag bikes and great flat track bikes. that is just my 2 cents.  
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

MotoMike

Thanx guys...

Ware...question.  Are flat tracks completely flat?  Are there any small jumps?

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

QuoteThanx guys...

Ware...question.  Are flat tracks completely flat?  Are there any small jumps?

Mike


Yep they are a flat banked oval. racing in pretty close, nerf bars are a real good idea
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MotoMike

Okay!  Is that what you do?  Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier?  Where is a good place to race?

Mike

1fastltr450

QuoteOkay!  Is that what you do?  Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier?  Where is a good place to race?

Mike


 dade city is not bad  that is where we all race go to the dade city forum
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Hoosier Daddy

QuoteOkay!  Is that what you do?  Do you race a Banshee like mentioned earlier?  Where is a good place to race?

Mike

Yeah, i race a banshee at dade city flat track.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MotoMike

I raced Dade city back in 85-87 but I don't remeber a flat track...are banshee fun bikes?  Are they the best FT bikes?

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

the FT is somewhat new its on the left side of the mx track.
I think banshees are the best in SOME areas but they suck in others... but yeah the powerband is a rush!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Mrs.Nightbreed

QuoteThanx guys...

Ware...question.  Are flat tracks completely flat?  Are there any small jumps?

Mike
If you want small jumps good for distance not height, try Sandmountain TT. I havent been there so I don't know how a shee would do. It is mostly flat with 4 small jumps. It sounds like a lot of fun.

yamadooski

I raced my banshee on the MX  track and got a wooping.
Then I raced FT and did good but found it was boring.
I swithced to a 250R and raced MX and did mych better. The jumps got a little to dangerous for me.
I then went to XC racing and that was for me.
I now have a 450Y and just love it.

Long story short dont get the banshee, you will be limited to what you can do with it.
Sure you can race it in every event somewheres but you will just have to work harder at than others.
Been there done that...
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

MotoMike

Thanx!

I am taking all of your advise very seriously!

Mike

Quad32x

Hey  Mike  on  second  thought  dont  listen  to  ware  to  much  on    account  of  him  being  a  big  ole  throbbing  TOOL !!! [smiley=BigSmile.gif] [smiley=BigSmile.gif] [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

MotoMike

This forum is kind of weird...it seems threads are always getting hi-jacked.  lol

Nah, I am really a true MXer at heart.  So I have decided to pass on the Banshee.  I am going to looking into 400's or 450's in quads or pick up a 250cc Dirtbike.  The quad would be easier to convince my wife because she can ride it but if I had it my way, I would get the dirtbike.

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

hey mike read the ending post of the dae city topic  youll understand...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MotoMike

No I got it... [smiley=abduct2.gif]  I was just kidding.

This seems to be a cool group of people.

Mike

Hoosier Daddy

cooll.....  [smiley=bow.gif]
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Mrs.Nightbreed

#21
QuoteThis forum is kind of weird...it seems threads are always getting hi-jacked.  lol

Nah, I am really a true MXer at heart.  So I have decided to pass on the Banshee.  I am going to looking into 400's or 450's in quads or pick up a 250cc Dirtbike.  The quad would be easier to convince my wife because she can ride it but if I had it my way, I would get the dirtbike.

Mike

If it is just that your prefer 2 strokes, R's are good on the MX track.

But then, some might say I am a little biased [smiley=Wink.gif]

LE450-RACER#77

QuoteIf it is just that your prefer 2 strokes, R's are good on the MX track.

But then, some might say I am a little biased [smiley=Wink.gif]


Who in thier right mind would trade a GSXR for an OLD ANCIENT A$$ RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ????????????

                              [smiley=banghead.gif]                              [smiley=dunno.gif]
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

MotoMike

I wouldn't!  But I am trading it for a quad.  Just have to find one and someone that wants to trade.

Mike

atvaltz

hey buddy what kind of street bike u got and what year   i got a guy with a yfz450    lookin to trade for a street bike  let me know man thanks
1 word   suzuki     nough said

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com