Rodman Trail Sport quads

Started by miamiblaster, November 19, 2004, 09:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamiblaster

How many Sport quads are going up to the Rodman Trail ride IV....Im going with 2 banshee's a 450r 400ex z400 warrior and a blaster.....Im asking because I notice alot of 4X4 guys going  and i dont see alot of sport quads and I think it would be kool if all the 4X4's go in one group and the sport quads in another....Just an idea i guess  :-/
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

Quadzilla

my brother and i are going.  that will make 2 more sport bikes... 8)

01 rancher all stock......for now!

miamiblaster

cool what bikes you takeing??? see i think it would be better this way...mabeay the sport bike up front since more then likely we will be going faster then the 4x4 guys??? i thin its a good plan... :-/
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

Quadzilla

this will be my first group ride so  i'm just kinda going with the flow.  He's got a 300 and a 450r.  I can't wait to go   ;D
01 rancher all stock......for now!

Da_Mtg_Man

#4
Good advise. Just go with the flow. I can tell you that most of the Utes will hang with the sport quads. Not to mention  JJames and Griz (both Utes) know the trails better than anyone.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

miamiblaster

oh ok thats kool i just never bin on a rodman ride b4 so i dont know at what pase you guys move at...and i know me and a few other sport quads will be itching to speed up on the trails and drift a few corners...
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

Chris505

I have 3 sport quads...

And like it was said above you better be on the throttle to keep up with grizz and JJames.. those boys can rock and roll threw the trails...
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

miamiblaster

kool i hope so because i really boogie on the trails..ive bent one of my rear rims and broke a chain before due to going to fast on trails and not being able to get away from big rocks......
I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back

atvtrailer

il be on a 400ex sport, but i dont go fast on trails  yet  :-/
05 450r #13B

dreth

QuoteI have 3 sport quads...

And like it was said above you better be on the throttle to keep up with grizz and JJames.. those boys can rock and roll threw the trails...

jjames and grizz are fast for utilitiy riders and if not they will direct you in the right direction and tell you where to stop. they were awsome leaders on the 3rd ride. i plan on riding at the groups pace on the way to the store and rippin it up on the way back so maybe we can get a fast crew together and someone that knows the trails to lead us back so we dont dust out the rest ;D. i know on a few of the trails on the way back i was in 5th gear wide open(upper 70 mphs range)and people not to far behind

LTZ400ApK

there will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D

VForce700

Quotethere will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D
well I have a sport/ute bike depending on how you look at it and I hang out in the pit with the crazies...aka scooter..lol just kidding scooter. I actually have more fun that way cause you can come back and get a drink from the trucks sit down and relax then hit a differant trail.

girlieblazer

Me and my husband both have sport quads and we will be going.  He has a blaster and I have a trailblazer.
Polaris Razor

jjamesbar

#13
i think its close to 50-50 sport vs utility. i really think if you pay attention you will be able to follow our tracks all the way back
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

Jeff may be on a utility quad, but he rides it like a sport ;-)

I got a post quad, but I don't go over about 35mph on the trails.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

QuoteMe and my husband both have sport quads and we will be going.  He has a blaster and I have a trailblazer.

are you bringing littlegirlieblazer?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

rubicon500kid

if i can go ill probrel be on a sport atv or a dirt bike and ill have  another kid coming whit 3 dirt bikes and a kid a lt 125 and a lt 80 and a my friends old mans banshee
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

girlieblazer

Quoteare you bringing littlegirlieblazer?

jeff

We don't know yet, it is still up in the air.
Polaris Razor

bluesman

ill be there with my kids, we have a ds650 baja and a kfx400
      lets ride!!!! 8)

450R_Matt

#19
Quotethere will be a bunch of us take small trail rides and playin in the pit some of us have gas hogs that dont run pump gas ;D



 I dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

jjamesbar

QuoteI dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.

i guess we need to get another picture of you dusting the big bore quads.  ;)

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

GaryinSeffner

I'll be there on the dvx and a friend on a yfz for sure.....possibly a z400 and a 400ex also. never been but I plan on having fun one way or the other.....be it the pits or the trails....we'll have to see what catches my attention when I get there Friday lol. CANT WAIT!!!
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

Mrs.Nightbreed

QuoteI dont know what your talkin bout.... ;D
gas hog 330R. :-/....My family and I will be there and will hang in the pit area because we will have the little ones also.
Hey I have been right there with ya on the gas issue. That situation will be improving (slightly) for me very shortly though.  ;D

We will be there and hangin in the pit. Incase anyone doesn't know , We have 2 R's , Yellow #36 and Red #117.

CABLEGUY1

We just came back today from miami.Well Hollywood that is. Pines Blvd and 75. We have never been to Rodman but will probably go this time.I ride a DS650 and my brother and his neighbor ride a Predator and a 400 ex. We try not to ride back in the dust but when riding with banshees,sometimes we have no choice. Depending on the mods that is. It does sound more interesting though knowing there will be alot of sport quads.I dont plan on doing the whole 35 mile one way though.

robo02cop

Hopefully if I get my vacation time approved I will be bringing  my banshee!!!  But if I do get to come I will probably be staying in the pits and going on small trail rides because I will have my g/f with me and she doesnt have a anything to ride :-/
04 Red and White Yamaha Banshee ~ Traded
04 Blue Yamaha R1
1984 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler
1985 Honda ATC 125 4 wheeler

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com