Main Menu

QT314

Started by Ida_Mann, September 04, 2007, 12:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

here's hoping you make it home without any further incidents.

for those who don't know, Blue caught on fire coming back from riding this weekend and as of about 7pm when I spoke with her she was on the side of the road waiting for a tow.  Truck, quad, Molly and QT are OK, but obviously the truck needs some TLC.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Paul_S

Sorry to hear that QT, glad you are ok though.

qt314nfla

Yep, we are fine.  Truck doesn't show any damage of fire.  Got off the road in time to put it out myself.  Called the fire department anyway just in case it flared up again.  Tiny burn on my ankle that's not even a 1st degree burn from stomping out a couple fires under the truck.

KB thanks for jumping in the truck and offering to help w/ your AAA.  I had a local friend that had a trailer that came and got us.  So the truck is closer to home and it was free.  Well except for the dinner or two that I owe him for coming out and getting me.  I think all it was is a transmission fluid line that broke.  It blew transmission fluid all down the road.  So I'm gonna find the leak and replace the line this week.

Chillin thanks for answering the phone about taking it to Parrish Auto.  And for everyone else that entertained me while I was waiting for a ride.  Thanks.  Everyone's concern is most appreciated.  We are all home safe and Blue and the ATV are at a friends shop waiting for repair.

Da_Mtg_Man

Wow, That sucks. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

KB

Glad you made it home, & everything is OK.


Fox17

glad yall are ok. did ya have fun?

qt314nfla

Quote from: Fox17 on September 04, 2007, 01:52:52 AM
glad yall are ok. did ya have fun?

thanks.  yes, i had a blast this weekend up till the end.  and i'm still quite happy it could have been so much worse.

iluvmuddin

where were you?  on the side of the road where?  you think getting stuck this weekend had anything to do with this? Dang, what an emotional roller coaster!! i'm sure!!

Rebecca

ps thanks Lauren

qt314nfla

Quote from: iluvmuddin on September 04, 2007, 02:18:03 AM
where were you?  on the side of the road where?  you think getting stuck this weekend had anything to do with this? Dang, what an emotional roller coaster!! i'm sure!!

Rebecca

ps thanks Lauren

I know that the idiot that tore up my road is what caused this.  Sad when you can't go back to your camp w/o some body that doesn't know how to use 4wd and be conservative on the road.  I got in and out of there w/o any problems since I've had my camp.  I wish I knew who tore up the road so I could tell them thanks for almost costing me all my toys and my life.

I was on 64 just west of Ona.

fishfry

QT what time was it, I use that same route to Bradenton.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

qt314nfla

Quote from: fishfry on September 04, 2007, 03:10:13 AM
QT what time was it, I use that same route to Bradenton.


Around 5pm today.  It was a blue dodge ram w/ an atv in the bed.  About 5 miles west of Ona.

fishfry

I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

qt314nfla

Quote from: fishfry on September 04, 2007, 03:27:23 AM
I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.


Thanks.  I usually get out about when you did but I had to finish cleaning my property out there.  No worries on the truck.  I'm upset about it cause it's looking like I'm gonna fix it and trade it in on a new/used truck.  I just hate getting rid of my baby!

Fox17

Quote from: QT314 on September 04, 2007, 03:44:16 AM
Quote from: fishfry on September 04, 2007, 03:27:23 AM
I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.


Thanks.  I usually get out about when you did but I had to finish cleaning my property out there.  No worries on the truck.  I'm upset about it cause it's looking like I'm gonna fix it and trade it in on a new/used truck.  I just hate getting rid of my baby!

if you fix it why not keep it?

qt314nfla

Quote from: Fox17 on September 04, 2007, 03:59:27 AM
Quote from: QT314 on September 04, 2007, 03:44:16 AM
Quote from: fishfry on September 04, 2007, 03:27:23 AM
I left the ranch about 2:00pm. was just a head of you.
I all ways like to stop and help someone from the Ranch. You can spot the tags or buggys or atv's. Were else do thay ride.

Good lock on getting your truck fixed. Hope you did not heat up that trans, to much.


Thanks.  I usually get out about when you did but I had to finish cleaning my property out there.  No worries on the truck.  I'm upset about it cause it's looking like I'm gonna fix it and trade it in on a new/used truck.  I just hate getting rid of my baby!

if you fix it why not keep it?

Just seems like the problem today was a sign.  I don't ever want to worry about what happened today again.  I'm lucky I was able to put out the fires under the truck and in the engine or I'd have lost the truck and the quad.  I'm fortunate that I was able to get out.  But I'm not willing to risk something happening again.

I'm in a better budget now and rather than lift Blue like I was planning. I'm just gonna go w/ a total upgrade.  Blue may be safe and it may be fine.  I just won't feel the same if I have to worry about it. 

bmd11

Glad to hear you're ok QT  :) . Do you bring a fire extinguisher with you when you ridin'?
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

VForcedave

Your alive and doing fine. Good luck on the repairs.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

qt314nfla

Quote from: bmd11 on September 04, 2007, 11:57:30 AM
Glad to hear you're ok QT  :) . Do you bring a fire extinguisher with you when you ridin'?

nope stomped the fires out under the truck w/ my foot and put the engine fire out w/ water.

dynodon

Dang it!!!, I  am glad to hear you were able to extinguish the fire yourself, and escaped any further damage !!! ;D
You are one of the few women I know that would have the courage, and ability to stick with it and get the job done @ putting out the flames. :Clap.gif    GOOD for you Lauren

Now, I have a car hauler fool, you could have called. We would have rescued ya, for free too/ Just the sight of a FORD hauling that dodge around would be payment enough !!!!LOL
( just trying to humor you a little, You probably need it right now)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

qt314nfla

Quote from: dynodon on September 04, 2007, 12:49:49 PM
Dang it!!!, I  am glad to hear you were able to extinguish the fire yourself, and escaped any further damage !!! ;D
You are one of the few women I know that would have the courage, and ability to stick with it and get the job done @ putting out the flames. :Clap.gif    GOOD for you Lauren

Now, I have a car hauler fool, you could have called. We would have rescued ya, for free too/ Just the sight of a FORD hauling that dodge around would be payment enough !!!!LOL
( just trying to humor you a little, You probably need it right now)

I had a friend w/ a car hauler get me.  I need your number again cause I didn't have it.  Thanks for the offer to come get me.  And it was even better my buddy has a Chevy 3500 that towed it home.  I asked him to get a pic cause y'all would love to see that.  It's ok if you wanted a pic of your ford towing my dodge.  I have older pics of my LITTLE dodge pulling an f250 out of the sugar sand. hahaha!

Thanks for the flattering words.  I have no clue what happened but if I told you the story of me yelling no,no,no,no while I was stomping it out.  I was determined that the fire was not gonna claim my toys if I could help it.

wilburz

Glad everything worked out for you. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Joedirt

Glad you are safe....That is more important than Toys....
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

bigscrub79

Damn Lauren sorry to hear, hope its just a minor issue to repair. Glad to hear you are safe.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

qt314nfla

Your well wishes are very appreciated.  I'm gonna take a look at the truck tomorrow and fix it.  I hope it's nothing major either.  Nice thing is that I can claim this one against the insurance if need be.  So hopefully it'll be cheap and Scotty can hook me up w/ a new truck.

Justbilly

Quote from: QT314 on September 04, 2007, 02:20:52 AM
Quote from: iluvmuddin on September 04, 2007, 02:18:03 AM
where were you?  on the side of the road where?  you think getting stuck this weekend had anything to do with this? Dang, what an emotional roller coaster!! i'm sure!!

Rebecca

ps thanks Lauren

I know that the idiot that tore up my road is what caused this.  Sad when you can't go back to your camp w/o some body that doesn't know how to use 4wd and be conservative on the road.  I got in and out of there w/o any problems since I've had my camp.  I wish I knew who tore up the road so I could tell them thanks for almost costing me all my toys and my life.

I was on 64 just west of Ona.

It was a silver F250, Some friends saw it stuck in that hole late friday night.  You got stuck around 5 or 6am right?

That same F250 was stuck again in the new trail cut around the hole saturday night just before dinner.  I tried to winch him out, but didn't work out.  Went back to camp to find a snatch block, but discovered it was left at home, plus the lobster and dolphin was about ready.