Labor Day Weekend

Started by Joedirt, August 29, 2007, 01:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joedirt

What is everyone doing? I think I am gonna go Riding.... 8) ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

VForcedave

I am Going Sky Riding, Rocky Mountain Climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a Bull Named Fumanchu.  ;) Not Really, Jeepin, 4 wheelin, wake boarding and a couple cool adult beverages.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

renmus


ScooterB

Fri- Poison Concert  :Y

Sat-Fishin@Boca Grande  :pirate.gif

Sun-Riding on 850 Acres of Private land  :Fp

Mon-Rest  :Z and drinkin  :drink.gif
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Bigscrb15

The Wife is working all weekend(other than Sunday) so I may try to go Flying Saturday. Fishing or boating on Sunday and no clue about Monday.


Quote from: ScooterB on August 29, 2007, 02:11:21 PM
Fri- Poison Concert  :Y

Sat-Fishin@Boca Grande  :pirate.gif

Sun-Riding on 850 Acres of Private land  :Fp

Mon-Rest  :Z and drinkin  :drink.gif

I may be out there fishing Sunday, I will call you for a report if I make it out there.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Mudneck

Im going up to Alsaka for the week
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

cheropride

Riding, camping, and more than likely sweeting..... For it should be a hot one, ya think.....

I hope all have a great and safe weekend too, everyone becareful, should be some nuts on the road...
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

zin


350x_rider

I will be riding scrub on sat with my 250r 3 wheeler.still wide open up there.enjoying it before phase 2 goes into effect.I think forestry has had the budget cut.last 4 or 5 times out I have seen no green trucks.I doubt they will be ready to enforce the year pass when it starts in oct.

KB

Quote from: ScooterB on August 29, 2007, 02:11:21 PM
Fri- Poison Concert  :Y

Sat-Fishin@Boca Grande  :pirate.gif

Sun-Riding on 850 Acres of Private land  :Fp

Mon-Rest  :Z and drinkin  :drink.gif

Sounds like you got the funnest weekend, I never fished there, only did work there(ripped out & installed/sanded & finished hardwood floors) on the 3-4 story condo's(newer looking) near the pass (South Bch./ LIGHT TOWER, near the old oil tanks).

How's the fishing around Little Gasparilla Island ? Thats the one w/ the old rail road tracks & you put your car/truck on a barge & the tug boat pushes you across to the island about 100 yards(there use to be a bridge there made outa heart pine (wooden) I do work there also but never seen anything there, but I was like in a little bayou or bay & just figured there just wasnt nothin in the water, seen alot of prop marks on low tide though, probably a bunch of fish in the passes though.

Quote from: bushwacker on August 29, 2007, 06:03:39 PM
Im going up to Alsaka for the week

Wheres Alsaka, I use to have an Alaskan Malumute dog named Bandit, he loved going camping.

JackL

I think I'll take my 65' boat to Bimini. It only takes a half an hour since it has has six engines and does 100mph on the water.

That will give me plenty of time to ride after getting my six lobsters. I hope I don't forget the charmin this time.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Joedirt

Quote from: JackL on August 30, 2007, 08:54:36 AM
I think I'll take my 65' boat to Bimini. It only takes a half an hour since it has has six engines and does 100mph on the water.

That will give me plenty of time to ride after getting my six lobsters. I hope I don't forget the charmin this time.

That is so Rockin with Dokken!!!...Bring extra beer!!!!
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

JackL

Quote from: Joedirt on August 30, 2007, 09:03:13 AM
Quote from: JackL on August 30, 2007, 08:54:36 AM
I think I'll take my 65' boat to Bimini. It only takes a half an hour since it has has six engines and does 100mph on the water.

That will give me plenty of time to ride after getting my six lobsters. I hope I don't forget the charmin this time.

That is so Rockin with Dokken!!!...Bring extra beer!!!!

"Rockin with Dokken", you the man JD!!!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

shirah86

sat- going to the gator game
sat night- catchin some snook
sun- golfin
mon- party party

big-daddy

Quote from: JackL on August 30, 2007, 08:54:36 AM
I think I'll take my 65' boat to Bimini. It only takes a half an hour since it has has six engines and does 100mph on the water.

That will give me plenty of time to ride after getting my six lobsters. I hope I don't forget the charmin this time.

Jack are you stalking me NOW!  I'll be at Walkers Cay room PH 7 come by and say hello.......hehehe
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Joedirt

I will riding around in my Samurai ....at some Home Owners Association type place in Polk County... ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

KB

Quote from: shirah86 on August 30, 2007, 09:20:43 AM
sat- going to the gator game
sat night- catchin some snook
sun- golfin
mon- party party

Snook is the only fish I fish for, I can't believe people use to not eat them(throw them back) they were called soap fish 'cause they tasted like soap, untill somebody skinned it once & they were like "man this is good".

I never played a game of golf in my life though, people say it's pretty nice to be out on the course, I think it would be funner on a quad.
J/K.

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on August 30, 2007, 09:24:02 AM
Jack are you stalking me NOW!  I'll be at Walkers Cay room PH 7 come by and say hello.......hehehe


Maybe we can race our boats there. ;)



Quote from: KB on August 30, 2007, 09:26:50 AM
Snook is the only fish I fish for, I can't believe people use to not eat them(throw them back) they were called soap fish 'cause they tasted like soap, untill somebody skinned it once & they were like "man this is good".

Never heard that name for snook. I have a sea bass/grouper in my fishtank someone told me is called a soap fish, he does look a little like a snook, a baby one I guess...?


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

 dont think its fair you have 6 engines and I have only 4.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Joedirt

I have a 14 foot john boat with a Trolling motor???
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

KAW3604x4

Quote from: Joedirt on August 30, 2007, 10:22:28 AM
I have a 14 foot john boat with a Trolling motor???

Are you asking if you have?
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Joedirt

Quote from: KAW3604x4 on August 30, 2007, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on August 30, 2007, 10:22:28 AM
I have a 14 foot john boat with a Trolling motor???

Are you asking if you have?

I was gonna enter it in the Jackl/ BD race... ;D
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

KAW3604x4

Quote from: Joedirt on August 30, 2007, 10:30:51 AM
Quote from: KAW3604x4 on August 30, 2007, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on August 30, 2007, 10:22:28 AM
I have a 14 foot john boat with a Trolling motor???

Are you asking if you have?

I was gonna enter it in the Jackl/ BD race... ;D

You mind if I tag along? I think you will need the extra weight in the john boat so it will slow us down and make it look competative!  ;D
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

Quote from: KB on August 29, 2007, 10:15:22 PM
Quote from: ScooterB on August 29, 2007, 02:11:21 PM
Fri- Poison Concert  :Y

Sat-Fishin@Boca Grande  :pirate.gif

Sun-Riding on 850 Acres of Private land  :Fp

Mon-Rest  :Z and drinkin  :drink.gif

Sounds like you got the funnest weekend, I never fished there, only did work there(ripped out & installed/sanded & finished hardwood floors) on the 3-4 story condo's(newer looking) near the pass (South Bch./ LIGHT TOWER, near the old oil tanks).

How's the fishing around Little Gasparilla Island ? Thats the one w/ the old rail road tracks & you put your car/truck on a barge & the tug boat pushes you across to the island about 100 yards(there use to be a bridge there made outa heart pine (wooden) I do work there also but never seen anything there, but I was like in a little bayou or bay & just figured there just wasnt nothin in the water, seen alot of prop marks on low tide though, probably a bunch of fish in the passes though.

Little gasparilla is good for fishing. I think it's some of the best in the state. We stay on the south end of the island and you can't get a car there. Gotta go by boat only.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

shirah86

Quote from: KB on August 30, 2007, 09:26:50 AM
Quote from: shirah86 on August 30, 2007, 09:20:43 AM
sat- going to the gator game
sat night- catchin some snook
sun- golfin
mon- party party

Snook is the only fish I fish for, I can't believe people use to not eat them(throw them back) they were called soap fish 'cause they tasted like soap, untill somebody skinned it once & they were like "man this is good".

I never played a game of golf in my life though, people say it's pretty nice to be out on the course, I think it would be funner on a quad.
J/K.
its actually pretty fun and addicting especially when your buddys decide to start drinking one the first hole instead of #9 and yeah i have thought about taking my atv over to the course and givin it hell i dont think the carts would have a chance at gettin me its the police im worried about, but snook darn good fish to eat i just hate everytime i go i find 2 or 3 over slot size people just skin and throw back

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com