collier county superintendent's salary

Started by IXIswamperIXI, August 27, 2007, 07:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=14185&z=3&p=
I was just wondering if this bothers yall as much as it bothers me.... $240,000 a year!!!!!!!!!  This story isn't about how much the salary is but it still bugs me!!  I have NEVER liked the collier county school system and this just proves my point.  There have been many articles about entry level teacher can't even make it on there salary in collier county BUT we can pay some  superintendent $240,000!!!!  Where are our priorities!!!  I wished I knew what the answer is  but I don't.  I just know this is wrong!  There for a while their were teacher sortages, I bet there is no sortage for superintendents!!  Sorry just had to blow off steam and see what yall think.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Ida_Mann

according to the Collier County School District website, the district employs over 2800 teachers alone, let's assume at least that many support personnel so that would be approximately 5,600 people that the super is in charge of,,,,,,,tell me any private company that would pay someone that little to be in charge of that many people.

of course I could make an argument for the President of the US using the same math,,,,,,he is the commander of millions in the armed services for a measly $400K a year,,,,no thanks, I wouldn't want that job,,,no wonder they all go grey soon after the oath.

I would say, just put something like that in perspective before ranting about it, at least that's the way I look at things.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

IXIswamperIXI

I will admit I haven't done ANY research.  Ida has already blown me away in research.  I am positive this guy has a lot of responsibility!  Just doesn't pan out to me.  Not a whole lot makes sense to me anymore.... sorry I am not as well educated as most, thus I sit back and watch my taxes spent... and complain like a *#tch not doing anything about it.  I don't really know what to do besides vote and talk.   :(
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

dirtycruiser

Our school systems here in SW Florida are among the worst in the country. It's all about wasting our tax money, it's been done for so long now that it can't be changed. If someone tried to change the system they would be voted out. It's like out political system when they try to get some money for something really good, someone tags on something totally stupid and wastful to the docket that it gets passed along because the good thing  takes presidence and no one wants to shoot it down. So instead of cleaning house, cutting out all of those f--king wasteful bills they just cry that they need more tax money to cover costs. It actually cost more money to educate students in the public school system than the private school system. Too many chiefs, not enough indians! The teachers don't get payed enough, the administrators get to much, and there's to many of them.  IMO
2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance

IXIswamperIXI

I am kinda a numbers person, the president makes about $400,000 a year and a superintendent gets $240,000 a year... now does that mean he (superintendent) has a little more than half the responsibility of the president of the united states?  Something to think about.  BTW the president's salary dosen't bother me, for the man with the most responsibility.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on August 27, 2007, 08:35:14 PM
I will admit I haven't done ANY research.  Ida has already blown me away in research.  I am positive this guy has a lot of responsibility!  Just doesn't pan out to me.  Not a whole lot makes sense to me anymore.... sorry I am not as well educated as most, thus I sit back and watch my taxes spent... and complain like a *#tch not doing anything about it.  I don't really know what to do besides vote and talk.   :(

hey, it doesn't matter much to me, but when I get done with college and start my career, I don't want to have to defend what I make when I'm making the millions ;-)

I sure as hell wouldn't want the guy's job,,,,,I wouldn't take it for less than a million a year.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

well, the president gets a free house, and a salary for life equal to half what he makes while in office, but still he's underpaid.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

IXIswamperIXI

I will agree to that... he is certinaly underpaid!
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Ida_Mann

and to think, Clinton got the old salary of just half of what New Bush gets.

not including the fringe benefits of interns that Clinton had  8)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

AmericanRobster

$240,000 a year!!!! That is nuts for a school superintendent!!! Some people get paid way more than what they should make for their lack of responsibilities
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Chuck_Norris

The Duval county Superitendant came uder fire recently because of his salary and the School Board was wanting to give him a $36,000 bonus. I agree with the amount of money verse responability. So then why are all the teachers so grossly under paid

AmericanRobster

I have heard of some stories about teachers who live close to the state line that they drive to Georgia to teach because FL doesn't pay them as well as Georgia.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

cheropride

Heck in Miami they gave their superintendent a $40,000 bonus, but yet there is major budget cuts, go figure..... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com