Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 02, 2004, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2

#75
Grizz, add my son BlasterBoy_200,and myself to the list also. I might have some friends coming with us as well Possibly 3 more bike. And I am calling right now on a cabin for the weekend. Man I can't wait till this one Its going to by kinda hard to top Rodman's 3 ride Because that was a great day and ride. Just making sure of the dates everyone is going to be there Fri Jan 21st and the Sat the 22nd in 2005! ;D Oh yea what cabin sites is everyone going to get, so I know which number  to request as far as a site. I know not to get 14 due to the sofa. Info from Apk400
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

atvtrailer

I only got my 1 bike comin with me.
05 450r #13B

njarrett

I just joined this board and saw that you will be going to Ocala in Jan.  I have a couple guys and gals that might want to join up with you guys for a different change of scenary.  Is there anything special that we need to know or be equiped with?  This elite campground, I read that they accept pets and are not the expensive.  Will people be staying here?  Is it a good place?  Any other info. that you could tell me.  We love to get dirty and have a good time.  What are the ages of all you guys?

Thrasher

Quotethis is just the tip of the iceberg. we will get a little more structure for the group pics, more defined rows. i was thinking for the last one to line up end to end in a staight line across the pit.

jeff

ooh i can put together more panoramics!
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Ida_Mann

the trail ride can be muddy/water to dust,,,,check out the pics at

http://www.narisk.com/rodmaniii/ride3.html

the mud/water can be avoided, and I'm sure there will be a group that will.

as far as ages,,,again, check the pics anywhere from 4 years old to upper 70's like Jeff ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

Quoteas far as ages,,,again, check the pics anywhere from 4 years old to upper 70's like Jeff ;-)

Id@

LOL!
brutal!
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

T2

Update I just resvered cabin number 34 for the 21st and 22nd of Jan. I am ready for another ride.  ;D Homey anit playing this time, I will be prepared.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

GrizzlyBear

I just left Elite, The rates for cabins with smoking and pets are about $80 per night for 2 adults. If we want group rates we must reserve and pay for cabins 5 at a time. It will save about 20%.  Trouble is, many of the cabins are already rented that weekend.  The good news is they tpa a keg and have free beer on Saturday night at the rec center.

GrizzlyBear
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

T2

Wish I would have know that B4 paying just now, I could have saved 20% off the cost of the cabin.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

njarrett

I just called and was told they have plenty of cottages left?????

sk8r_dude

As far as solving the communication problem we had last ride: I have never had a lot of confidence in those small 2-way radios, but Walmart has a set up for $59.99 that says 10 mile range. That range would be in perfect weather over the ocean. I would think they would at least get several miles in the forest. That way we could all be on the same channel. CB or Marine radios would probably be best, but may be too expensive.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

lil_Mrs._Honda1

we have a set of Cobra that worked GREAT in the mountains! will be bringing them if ya want !

Work all over the theme parks and cheer competitions to
Deanna
[url="//imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]
APK400exRacer: [url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

QuoteAs far as solving the communication problem we had last ride: I have never had a lot of confidence in those small 2-way radios, but Walmart has a set up for $59.99 that says 10 mile range. That range would be in perfect weather over the ocean. I would think they would at least get several miles in the forest. That way we could all be on the same channel. CB or Marine radios would probably be best, but may be too expensive.

I'd be curious about testing that claim.

last I knew, citizen's band radios and anything else was limited to 5 watts of power,,,,,over clear ground that limited range to approximately 5 miles.

thats not including the HAM radios and commercial application radios.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

njarrett

I just became apart of this board and it is great so far.  I have called the elite campground and they have told me that there about 15 total cottages left 8 of which are standard.  If you have a dog you will need to have a standard room.  They also informed me that you can get a 25% discount for a booking of 5 or more cottages at a time.  I asked if we can book seperately and then combine our group once there and she said NO.  I think,Terry, had just completed reserving the room so he will not be able to get the bargain.  If there is anyone else that is going to book a room, please call or email me so we can use the discount.  I think I will have 3 cottages between guys here in Tally.  njarrett@comcast.net or my cell 850-445-7281.  This should be a great time.
Nick

NaplesRaptor

25%  discount? when i was there last time, they said you would get a $5 per night discount. To me, it wasn't worth the risk to book other peoples rooms in case they don't show up.

njarrett

Each person has to book their rooms individually, but to get the discount you must call as a group.  Doesn't make since to me either.  I was hoping that we could book under a group name and each person call and reference the group name.  They still might, we just might have to sweet talk them.

Ida_Mann

#91
I'll try to make a stop by their office this weekend and have a chat with them.

this will be the 4th group ride where people from this site have rented from them and brought a ton of business to them and the surrounding businesses,,,,,I don't see why they won't make an exception and let people book seperately.

Id@

ps: maybe the words would be better heard if it came from a "local"
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

atvtrailer

Me, my mom and my stepdad are thinking of staying in a cabin there for the 21st and 22nd.
05 450r #13B

Thrasher

I *may* do a cabin this time, but i really am thinking about staying at delancey and riding the quad up in the AM to meet ya'll :D
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

GreggT

Grizz, put me, Lisa and Chris down for cabin 12. Hey Scooter and Steve, count me in for a half day Sunday ride. And Scooter, check on Nightbreed for me every now and again to make sure he is working on the most important ride in the garage...mine!!!!!!! ;D
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

VForce700

QuoteGrizz, put me, Lisa and Chris down for cabin 12. Hey Scooter and Steve, count me in for a half day Sunday ride. And Scooter, check on Nightbreed for me every now and again to make sure he is working on the most important ride in the garage...mine!!!!!!! ;D
you actually think that bike going to be ready ;D. just kidding Gregg

atvtrailer

I have 2 cobra hand 2 way radios that il bring if i remember em  :-/
05 450r #13B

fixfam

Add us to the list. There will be 4 of us again. We are staying in cabin 27. This time we will be wearing long pants.

racemanfl

Add 4 more Staying at Elite cabins 37 & 38  Only 4 left just hung up.    Jerry

Deluxe21

#99
Add 4 more more staying at PT 5.  Bringing the wife and kids this time 7 & 10yrs old.
Brother is going to be there in cabin 24 with wife and 11 year old son.

Steve
2004 Scrambler 500
2001 Scrambler 500
1999 LEM Cayman
2003 Xtreme Pro 100
1958 Airstream toy hauler