Main Menu

Air Filter

Started by plowrider820, August 05, 2007, 01:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plowrider820

Which air filter is better especially for pretty dusty conditions uni-air filter, twin air, or k&n?
85' ATC350x Bored Out
03' Suzuki Ozark 250 on Nitrous lol
04' Rancher 400 AT
07' TRX450r

Loud Pipes Save Lives so Let'em Hear You!

TRX450R_Racer

Any foam filter is good for dusty conditions. I use UNI.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mars

I'll 2nd that. I've been running Uni filters for several years.
I tried Twin Air which performed well but did not hold up as long. (several cleanings)
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Turboderf

I use uni filter with alot of oil & outerwear pre-filter

Fox17

i use k&n in every vehicle i own. atv, dirtbike, truck and street bike. never had a problem. im a believer in them.

xr100racer

foam is better for dusty conditions

k&n will pass dust through, but has a slight hp advantage, you probably wouldnt notice the difference, on a high hp bike it would be like 1-2hp on a dyno

plowrider820

85' ATC350x Bored Out
03' Suzuki Ozark 250 on Nitrous lol
04' Rancher 400 AT
07' TRX450r

Loud Pipes Save Lives so Let'em Hear You!