Our own place to ride

Started by Paul_S, July 22, 2007, 10:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

#25
taking a look at the layout and general area,,,,did I get this right?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dirtyrooster

I'm trying to mapquest the area you're talking about ,but having no luck. Any idea how far from jacksonville? No camping?
'06 Predator 500

cheropride

Paul, that is just absolutely AWESOME.... WTG!!!!!
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Paul_S

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 24, 2007, 01:17:13 PM
taking a look at the layout and general area,,,,did I get this right?

Id@

Exactly  ;)

Quote from: dirtyrooster on July 24, 2007, 05:43:32 PM
I'm trying to mapquest the area you're talking about ,but having no luck. Any idea how far from jacksonville? No camping?

We gonna have camping, it's about an hour & a half from Jax, just take 10 to exit 258

Quote from: KB on July 24, 2007, 12:49:14 PM
gettin back on topic what is the big white line on the map ? (road,creek,boundary)
& again congratulations on your purchase.

Thanks, one of the white lines is the main rd in, the others are trails.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments.

I keep saying it, but there is NO reason we can't get a number of these type of parks open all over the State.

SWAMP_DONKEY

 Can I hunt there during the week ???


      I promise if I KILL it I will Grill it for ya that weekend....I sorta know how to grill ;)

Bigscrb15

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on July 24, 2007, 09:44:10 PM
Can I hunt there during the week ???


      I promise if I KILL it I will Grill it for ya that weekend....I sorta know how to grill ;)

if your grillin, im there!!! especially if you have the recipe for those cheesy green beans? when does the bbq season start up again?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 24, 2007, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on July 24, 2007, 09:44:10 PM
Can I hunt there during the week ???


      I promise if I KILL it I will Grill it for ya that weekend....I sorta know how to grill ;)

if your grillin, im there!!! especially if you have the recipe for those cheesy green beans? when does the bbq season start up again?

Jan 14th...I am doing little experiments...some great some ...well not so great. I am going to try to enter a cucumber cilantro BBQ sauce that I made.

Paul_S

The peewee track is nearly complete, will be dialed in by EC Minis, on Sunday.

Pics here: http://www.floridaatv.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&topic=2891.0

KB

#33
Look's awesome, I wish I was closer, I have this weekend off if you guy's need a hand, I don't have any machinery but I gotta shovel, & a 4 wheel drive & some other people that could prob. help if it's needed.
Also got Friday off.
Congrats, again. YOU DID IT !

Paul_S

Quote from: KB on July 26, 2007, 07:52:48 AM
Look's awesome, I wish I was closer, I have this weekend off if you guy's need a hand, I don't have any machinery but I gotta shovel, & a 4 wheel drive & some other people that could prob. help if it's needed.
Also got Friday off.
Congrats, again. YOU DID IT !

Thanks, we would love some help this weekend.

Anyone is welcome to come up and put in their 02 cents, drive around and laydown some trails, test out the tracks etc.

We will be there all weekend.

JackL

Anyone way down south want to run up there this weekend? 
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Ida_Mann

next couple of weekends are out for me, but I do plan on running up there sometime soon.

I may forget Durhamtown and just go there instead.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

1FasterBlaster

  This is awsome!! You should setup some kind of donation fund, and when you get enough, buy more land for expansion. I gaurantee you'll get a lot of support!!

Ida_Mann

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 27, 2007, 09:22:18 AM
  This is awsome!! You should setup some kind of donation fund, and when you get enough, buy more land for expansion. I gaurantee you'll get a lot of support!!

seconded,,,,,the motion is seconded, are we ready for a vote?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SWAMP_DONKEY


Paul_S

Let's come up with some ideas.

Everybody who has visited my park so far has commented on how a properly laid out 200 acres can cater to all of our different styles of riding, yet still provide a fun day/weekend.

If there is enough interest we could set up a corporation and do the next one jointly.


Ride1Rob

Great job Paul  ;)  . Dreth had been telling me about you doing this for sometime now. I for one would like to say "Thankyou" for giving us another opportunity to enjoy our passion. And just like Ida said, I was telling Dreth this past weekend while he was on his way back home that we had better stop there before we make a trip way to Durhamtown  :deal.gif
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Ida_Mann

I know you may have answered this already, but are there some hotels nearby and maybe some way for me to lock up my quad?

I don't have access to my enclosed trailer right now so the quad would be going in the back of my truck.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

1FasterBlaster

   Think about how much revenue they make at Croom. I don't think anyone would object to a small fee for a new and improved riding area.
    You could also find vendors to setup locations for food so people could just get there and ride and know there's food there already.
   I'm sure there are a lot of members that are contractors that would be able to assist in building some kind of restroom, and camping facilities.
   Not to mention finding a shop to sponsor you to have onsite tools, gear, and parts like OAS.
   Sign me up, this is the possible start to a riding Disneyworld!!

Paul_S

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 28, 2007, 09:59:09 AM
I know you may have answered this already, but are there some hotels nearby and maybe some way for me to lock up my quad?

I don't have access to my enclosed trailer right now so the quad would be going in the back of my truck.

Id@

We have a massive steel trailer that we can store your quad in  ;)

There are 4 motels and 2 nice campgrounds within 5 minutes from the park.

We will have camping there, eventually cabins too, but at the moment we are concentrating on getting the riding right.

Quote from: Ride1Rob on July 28, 2007, 09:02:30 AM
Great job Paul  ;)  . Dreth had been telling me about you doing this for sometime now. I for one would like to say "Thankyou" for giving us another opportunity to enjoy our passion. And just like Ida said, I was telling Dreth this past weekend while he was on his way back home that we had better stop there before we make a trip way to Durhamtown  :deal.gif

Look forward to seeing you there Rob. Dreth finished the one way trails today and he claims there are not many who could do the whole circuit.  We started on the mx track, but had some earth moving problems, so that is being set back a few days, should be ready by wed/thursday, everything else is going full steam ahead, the peewee track will be finished tomorrow. The Utility X-Treme course, will also be finished this week.

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on July 28, 2007, 08:26:53 PM
   Think about how much revenue they make at Croom. I don't think anyone would object to a small fee for a new and improved riding area.
    You could also find vendors to setup locations for food so people could just get there and ride and know there's food there already.
   I'm sure there are a lot of members that are contractors that would be able to assist in building some kind of restroom, and camping facilities.
   Not to mention finding a shop to sponsor you to have onsite tools, gear, and parts like OAS.
   Sign me up, this is the possible start to a riding Disneyworld!!

Good ideas Chino.  ;)

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

AmericanRobster

Where exactly is this riding area? How far is it from St. Petersburg?

I like the idea about building rest rooms and stuff like that. My Dad and I are in the construction bussiness.

Keep up the good work guys!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

KB

I'm not exactly sure where Paul's place is but I think it's in Madison Co. off I-10.
About twice as far as O.N.F. for us(I'm in Tampa)
It's north of Perry.

susieblazer

what are the campground names and do they have websites to check them out?
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

1FasterBlaster

I would definately drive there to have a new riding area. Is this area close to Suwannee or Live Oak?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com