Our own place to ride

Started by Paul_S, July 22, 2007, 10:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

After spending a few years having no good places to ride, I took things into my own hands and bought 200 acres to set up an ATV park.

This park is in N. Florida (Madison County) but it is hopefully a prototype for a number of these parks, which can be built all over the state.

We have water, mud, natural and man made obstacles for utes, a pleasant two way family trail system, fast one way sport bike trails, and are currently building an mx track and a peewee track.

The park will be tied heavily to the Florida ATV Association.

If you want to see some pictures of the park, including our opening schedule, please check here.

http://www.floridaatv.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&board=52.0

200 acres may not seem like a lot of land, but it is plenty. There is no reason this format cannot be copied by your county, every county must have a scrappy piece of land, approx this size in their inventory. Hopefully, once the park is up and running, we can approach these officials and invite them to see what we did.






jrpro130

That is awesome! I hope we get something down here!
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

rubicon500kid

dang that place sounds awsome
thanks for making it !

will atc's be alowed ?  and what about dirt bikes ?
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

06 BaNsHeE

Is there going to be any sand pits?Or any type of sand at all?

Kawa3

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on July 23, 2007, 12:31:04 AM
Is there going to be any sand pits?Or any type of sand at all?

That is all fla is made of ;D
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Paul_S

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on July 23, 2007, 12:31:04 AM
Is there going to be any sand pits?Or any type of sand at all?

We are digging a sand pit this coming weekend.

Quote from: rubicon500kid on July 23, 2007, 12:30:00 AM
will atc's be alowed ?  and what about dirt bikes ?

Dirt bikes ...yes, 3 Wheelers will depend on insurance, can't say for sure. The last quote we got, prohibited them.

Paul_S

Here is our tentative schedule:

This coming weekend 28th & 29th, we are moving dirt and Dreth is planning and finishing the main mx track. Any help would be appreciated. Will also be finishing the one way trail section, the ute trail section and building Peewee track.

Following weekend August 4th, the park will be kinda open, that weekend, it will be free for all Flatv atvfl and flatv association members.

Our first official "event" weekend will be labor day, (although park will be open every weekend between 8/4 and labor day for riding). Not sure what events we will have on, but it should be fun, pencil it into your calenders.

bmd11

'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

singleshot

Awesome park.  Where is Madison is it?   I have 40 acres up there in San Pedro Bay that I hunt on with the kids.  We usually stay in the Yogi Bear Campground.   It will be nice to have something else to do when we are up there.   I used to drag up the ATV's but since most of the trails we rode were logging roads it became boring.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

Chuck_Norris


Paul_S

Quote from: singleshot on July 23, 2007, 11:03:04 AM
Awesome park.  Where is Madison is it?   I have 40 acres up there in San Pedro Bay that I hunt on with the kids.  We usually stay in the Yogi Bear Campground.   It will be nice to have something else to do when we are up there.   I used to drag up the ATV's but since most of the trails we rode were logging roads it became boring.

Park is less than 5 minutes from Yogi Bear Campground, it's on the same rd.

Prairie Master

Are you working with the campground on access to the trails from the campground. I know they allow 4 wheelers in there right now but they're kinda pricey on thier rates. Great job  ;D
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

06 BaNsHeE


BIGREDTIDE

PUUHLEASE work with the Insurance to allow 3-wheelers!!  ]

I'm 'ol skool...I don't know how to ride a 4-wheeler.   ;D
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

eldiablo64

just strap a spare tire to your grab bar and voila 4 wheeler  j/k I can't believe the ins. co's. are so tough on 3 wheelers I rode one for years never had a problem on it.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

randyz

How far is that from Palm Coast/Daytona Beach area?   How many miles of trails to you think you will have?  Ill definitely come check it out when its open.

KB

Congratulations you guy's talked about it & you did it(helluva an investment you bought)

I passed thru Madison Co. once about 15 yrs. ago & got a speeding ticket on I-10 so I know kinda whereabouts it is.

Insurance Companie's don't like ATC's because a lot of people got injured on them & they were band in the USA, my cousin was killed on one in Brooklyn,Michigan.
You might find a Company but it will prob. cost a lot of $$ & unless theres a lot of people w/ATC's wanting to go to this place & pay for the difference, I can't blame them for not finding/paying an Ins. Co to allow ATC's.
I don't have anything against ATC's, I got 2 of them, one is a Banshee turned into an ATC other is a 250R.

Good job you guy's, all you need now is a big ice machine, some ice bag's from www.uline.com & sell bags of ice $$$.




Ida_Mann

 :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif   :Clap.gif :bow.gif :Hug.gif


holly clap, please let us know what we can do to help you with this, I'm sure I speak for many when I say,,,,job well done, now what can I do to help.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SWAMP_DONKEY

You DA MAN!!!  I read this last night and was not sure if it was a joke...lol




   can I get a loan?

sykolincoln

Quote from: KB on July 23, 2007, 03:44:52 PM
Congratulations you guy's talked about it & you did it(helluva an investment you bought)

I passed thru Madison Co. once about 15 yrs. ago & got a speeding ticket on I-10 so I know kinda whereabouts it is.

Insurance Companie's don't like ATC's because a lot of people got injured on them & they were band in the USA, my cousin was killed on one in Brooklyn,Michigan.
You might find a Company but it will prob. cost a lot of $$ & unless theres a lot of people w/ATC's wanting to go to this place & pay for the difference, I can't blame them for not finding/paying an Ins. Co to allow ATC's.
I don't have anything against ATC's, I got 2 of them, one is a Banshee turned into an ATC other is a 250R.

Good job you guy's, all you need now is a big ice machine, some ice bag's from www.uline.com & sell bags of ice $$$.


so to ride "our" offroad machines we should pay more? whatever, the idiots that got hurt on trikes were just that, you can get just as hurt on a motorcycle or quad as you can on a trike, just another place I cant ride.



3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

Bigscrb15

Quote from: sykolincoln on July 23, 2007, 11:19:10 PM
Quote from: KB on July 23, 2007, 03:44:52 PM
Congratulations you guy's talked about it & you did it(helluva an investment you bought)

I passed thru Madison Co. once about 15 yrs. ago & got a speeding ticket on I-10 so I know kinda whereabouts it is.

Insurance Companie's don't like ATC's because a lot of people got injured on them & they were band in the USA, my cousin was killed on one in Brooklyn,Michigan.
You might find a Company but it will prob. cost a lot of $$ & unless theres a lot of people w/ATC's wanting to go to this place & pay for the difference, I can't blame them for not finding/paying an Ins. Co to allow ATC's.
I don't have anything against ATC's, I got 2 of them, one is a Banshee turned into an ATC other is a 250R.

Good job you guy's, all you need now is a big ice machine, some ice bag's from www.uline.com & sell bags of ice $$$.






so to ride "our" offroad machines we should pay more? whatever, the idiots that got hurt on trikes were just that, you can get just as hurt on a motorcycle or quad as you can on a trike, just another place I cant ride.

It sucks, but it is not anyones fault other than insurance companies. If anything the 3wheeler fans need to band together and show insurance companies they aren't any more dangerous. I know Paul will try to find a company that will accept atc's though. It may not be possible but he will try.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

KB

Ya, your right sykolincoln, my 16 yr. old cousin was a real idiot, he probably deserved it,he was a helluva hockey player though(for 16)
I didn't mean to upset you by my post, sorry.



BIGREDTIDE

#22
ALL Atv's & motorcycles are dangerous due to...being in the hands of "non-experienced riders!"

3 wheeler's never wrecked or killed anyone!  It was simply the inexperience of the rider.  And back when they came out...there were no schools/training to properly show folks how to ride them.  I was cautious, and learned on my own.  Some folks just ride beyond their own & the atv's capabilities....that's when an accident occurs.  3-wheelers were never banned...came close, but the manufactures quit making them.  If they were banned....we wouldn't still own & be legally allowed to ride them.  ;)

How many folks been killed on 4 wheelers!  Tens of thousands I believe.   ???

KB..Sorry about your cousin though.   :(
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

sykolincoln

#23
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 23, 2007, 11:44:18 PM


It sucks, but it is not anyones fault other than insurance companies. If anything the 3wheeler fans need to band together and show insurance companies they aren't any more dangerous. I know Paul will try to find a company that will accept atc's though. It may not be possible but he will try.

well... I dont want to hijack someones thread about this, but bann together?! me and a bunch of other trikers (some not even from FL, including myself) did plan on going to the rally in suport of Fl RIDING and trikes Our selfes. But insurance regulations prohibited us from being part of the even, people said well at least show up and support, SUPPORT WHAT!? the fact that even if eveyone else gets a place to ride we cant?! I choose to ride a trike, becouse there wicked macnines and are fun, also from a moneytary standpoint I cannot afford a new 6-7 k quad  to ride/race. I know it may cost alittle more for the owners to have insurance to have trikes there, even if only a few show up, if its going to be an OFFROAD PARK then cater to those who have OFFROAD MACHINES.

edit, KB I am sorry about your cousin, but dont make him a statistic becouse he was on a trike, he may could have died on any other type of machine
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

KB

gettin back on topic what is the big white line on the map ? (road,creek,boundary)
& again congratulations on your purchase.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com