Trailer Size

Started by jrpro130, July 19, 2007, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrpro130

I'm going to have to tow at the most 2 quads, a grizzly and BF750.  I was thinking 6x12 utility from loudotrailers.com (heard great about them).  I am still keeping the sport, but thats not as big as the ute, so I'm not worried about fitting that.  It can go sideways and the ute can pull right in if I decide to take both my bikes for the weekend.  My buddies bike is going to be the grizz.

Right now I only have the sport, but I'm pulling the trigger on a BF750 or grizzly, and my buddy is doing the same (getting a grizz). 


6x12? I think 6x16 is a little big no?

Will the utes fit sideways on the 6x12?


08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

FOREMANRON

IF YOU WON`T TO PICK THEM UP AND TURN THEM SIDEWAYS I WOULD SPEND THE EXTRA ON A 6X16
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

jrpro130

Basically my question is if the BF/Grizzly is going to fit sideways.  I don't mind picking them up at all.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

FOREMANRON

I HAD A 500 HONDA AND IT WAS CLOSE AND AFTER YOU RIDE ALL DAY THEY GET HEAVIER
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

jrpro130

yup, my little yfz gets heavy after a full ride, but if theres a will there is a way...
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

eldiablo64

get a 6 x 12 with a side gate.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

fishfry

Get the bigger trailer, if you don't you will wish you did.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

jrpro130

Heres another problem...I am towing it with a ranger...

4.88 gears, 35's, basically all engine bolt ons and tuner.

I'm not worried so much about towing the actual trailer, the truck can tow fine, it's just I want to strain it the least possible.



My main thing is I want to get the smallest trailer I can without making it a PITA for me.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Moose

#8
I got a 5x14 and love it.
It fits right behind my truck so I can go down dirt roads and not worry about taking the fenders off hitting trees.
The tires ride exactly where the truck tires ride. Weighs only 750 lbs and has a 3500 lb axle with 15" tires.
Replaced the 300ex with a rancher, it and the foreman fit real nice. Just drive on and strap down.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jrpro130

Nice, I will probably go 6x14 if I can find it...otherwise it's 6x12 and throw one sideways, or 6x16...thats kinda big for the ranger though.

I'll probably end up with a 6x12 and throw them sideways, I found it for 900 brand new...thats not bad.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Moose

I got mine for less than that, but it was back in 04. With fuel prices rising, steel prices go up.
I can check on the price tomorrow if you want me to. The guy has his own business in Crystal River and are well made.
He even grinds off the sharp corners so you don't get cut on them.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jrpro130

Sounds good, I appreciate it.

I got a few buddies up in homasassa ('sassa) so I am up there every once and a while.

I am going up towards there saturday to work on the trucks as a matter of fact.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Moose

I'll post as soon as I get some info.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Called and got some prices.

5x14 - $975
6x12 - $970
6x14 - $1040

The name of the place is, EZ Pull Trailers.
Take US-19 north to Hwy 44 , Crystal River, and go east, down past Publix on the right.
They make the trailers right there and do a better job than any I saw locally when I got mine.

Good luck
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jrpro130

Nice! I'll probably go with that 6x14...can't hurt to go big(ger)
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: jrpro130 on July 19, 2007, 04:48:38 PM
Basically my question is if the BF/Grizzly is going to fit sideways.  I don't mind picking them up at all.


Just for reference here we are trying to get a Honda Rancher 350 on our 8x16 side ways it works but its very tight, I had a grizzly 660 with mudlights on it and there was no way to get it on sideways I now own a Can Am 800 same thing only straight in...in my opinion if you get a 6' wide trailer the bigger 4 wheelers won't go sideways even if you had side gates...if I had side gates on my 8' wide trailer it would work but be very tight. hope this helps you some  ;D


GrizzlyGator

oh! by the way our 16' only holds three quads 2ea. Honda ranchers sideways and 1 can am 800 straight in absolutely no room to spare. and this is with everything jammed in barely and inch between each wheeler!

BIGREDTIDE

If you're loading them sideways go with no less than 7' wide.  ;)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Gato

Quote from: BIGREDTIDE on July 20, 2007, 03:15:35 PM
If you're loading them sideways go with no less than 7' wide.  ;)
exactly I bought one from that same place a 7x12 twin axle $1100 and made a side door on it myself for the heavier bike to not have to pick it up or the bike with no reverse and it is great if you can go with 2 axles cause it is the best I got a flat took of the tire rolled on slow and then replaced it of course now I got a spare but it still better even more you are loading big bikes, good luck and yes unless you want to be the transport for others 16 is to much
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: jrpro130 on July 19, 2007, 08:07:52 PM
Heres another problem...I am towing it with a ranger...

4.88 gears, 35's, basically all engine bolt ons and tuner.

I'm not worried so much about towing the actual trailer, the truck can tow fine, it's just I want to strain it the least possible.



My main thing is I want to get the smallest trailer I can without making it a PITA for me.

STRAIN WITH 4:88? Not Hardly Unless of course it is a 4 cylinder. what is your final drive RPM?

jrpro130

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on July 20, 2007, 04:17:11 PM
Quote from: jrpro130 on July 19, 2007, 08:07:52 PM
Heres another problem...I am towing it with a ranger...

4.88 gears, 35's, basically all engine bolt ons and tuner.

I'm not worried so much about towing the actual trailer, the truck can tow fine, it's just I want to strain it the least possible.



My main thing is I want to get the smallest trailer I can without making it a PITA for me.

STRAIN WITH 4:88? Not Hardly Unless of course it is a 4 cylinder. what is your final drive RPM?

I'm actually going 4.56 after a little thinking.  Final RPM with O/D off is 3150 at 70mph.  It's pretty much perfect for towing, that along with my towing tune pulls a 3k lb trailer no problem (it was a boat). 

As of right now, I will probably just pick up a 6x12, I really appreciate everyone's help.  I figured it out, my 2wd can go sideways and the 4x4 straight in.  I am going to just focus on school and get through paramedic school before pulling the trigger on that bike.  So it will only be either (2 sports) or (1 sport and 1 4x4) at one time on the trailer.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Busta Nutt

If I had it to do over I would get a trailer that holds at least one more quad than I think I need. Inevitably you will have some friend or brother who wants to go ride with you.

Palmettobay_recon

I have a 6x12 with a side gate and I fit 3 wheelers easy on sideways.... utes.
R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah

jrpro130

I am getting a 6x12, I'll be moving this week, so I will buy next weekend.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com