50cc shoot out

Started by k.p., July 13, 2007, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.p.

im fixin to get a little 50cc dirtbike because we have a little pitbike track in my neighborhood. what 50 is better? the yamaha tt-r50 or the honda crf 50? all the people i know have the crf, but i was thinking...what about a change of pace? ive never acually saw someone riding a tt-r50 so i'm not sure how the perform. but i did look at both of the websites, and from what i can gather, the yamaha is cheaper,bigger,and it has electric start to boot. does anyone have experience with either? i have to say im more interested in the yamaha at this point as i'm a yamaha guy. alright all help would be appretiated.

-kyle

1FasterBlaster

  They only have two wheels!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

k.p.

your tellin me no one on this site rides hyped up lil 50's?

VForcedave

We did the TTr series and found it to be slow and unable.  The Crf series is a more reliable machine and there are mods for it. I am not pro yamaha or honda but if i had to do it all over again, the honda line for the little guys would be my choice.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Bruteforce SRA

I have a TTR-90 for my daughter and it does great for her..and my nephew (5yrs) has the TTR-50 which is a reliable bike and he loves it.  Sometimes I ride the TTR-90 up to the mailbox (when I'm too lazy to pull out my bike)  I'm 6'4" and weigh 230 lbs and is pretty quick with my lard butt on it.  However the neighbors laugh when I fly by

dynodon

I will say the Suzuki cobra that cut has for sale will definately
put a whoopin on either of the bikes you are asking about !! Thats NO JOKE, I have riden a Honda crf50 before, and this cobra would walk a crf50.
The Cobra is a limited to factory racers, and set up for racing bike.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

1FasterBlaster

   I rode one of those Cobra's too. All I can say is, hang on the F_ck on tight!!

k.p.

hmm...now all i need to do is sell my quad and i can get a 'roided out 50. great. lol