Sand Mountain

Started by Flea_Jumper, May 31, 2005, 06:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flea_Jumper

Had a chance to go to Sand Mountain this weekend with the wife and kid.  I must say that I was not impressed with the track, its ok, but the TT track is awsome and the surrounding areas are great.

This place would make a great group ride.  It has drag strips, TT track, countless areas with great hills, ok MX track and a begginer MX track, so there is a great mix for the whole family and it cheap.  NO MEMBERSHIP, $15 FOR THE KIDS, $20 FOR ADULTS, AND $5 BUCKS FOR SPECTATORS.


Anyone interested?

Ride1Rob

Yeah, the MotoX track is still relatively new. I've ridden it once and it's a bit too much if ya ask me. Rode Bartow yesterday for the 1st time and it's nite and day difference. Bartow is the most quad friendly track I've seen ;). If you really like the TT track come down for some races once the points series begins in October. There are quads EVERYWHERE! They have a race this coming Sunday I think but it's not as packed b/c they aren't running point :-/.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

ronny86250r

hey flea jumper was this the place in ft.meade ? if not then where ? thanks ronny :)

Flea_Jumper

Yes this is at Fort Meade.

RedPred05

How would I get to Sand Mt from Orlando?

ronny86250r

flea jumper is the gate right off the road whan you turn off of hwy.17 or is it further down? thanks ronny

Flea_Jumper

IT is right off of 17.  The sign is not that big but there will be a Citgo gas station about one mile before the turnoff.  Just turn and follow it for about 1/2 mile it the gates will be on your right.  Have fun.

P.S.  Just go to the web site and get the directions from Map Quest.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com