My New Jeep

Started by SWAMP_DONKEY, June 15, 2007, 02:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAMP_DONKEY

I still have the CJ-7 I am building but I couldnt pass this one up ;)

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

KB

Nice Jeep, what motor is in it ?
                                                 
My friend had one w/ srait 6 & 4:11 gears on 38 boggers & it did real good.

What is the V-8 motor they made, I think it was like a 306 or somethin  ?

SWAMP_DONKEY

304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.

KB


blupits04

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:08:38 AM
304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.

Just wondering if the running gear in it is duce with the top load planitary gear or if it looks like a regular front and rear end.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: blupits04 on June 15, 2007, 03:17:23 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:08:38 AM
304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.

Just wondering if the running gear in it is duce with the top load planitary gear or if it looks like a regular front and rear end.

Reg not top load.

blupits04

oh ok you had me wondering when you said 2.5 ton rear ends with 5.88.if it was a top load you cant get any other gear made for them other than a 7.62 gear.nice Jeep,trade ya a wife and a 4 wheeler for it.LOL
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

Bigscrb15

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:18:28 AM
Quote from: blupits04 on June 15, 2007, 03:17:23 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:08:38 AM
304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.

Just wondering if the running gear in it is duce with the top load planitary gear or if it looks like a regular front and rear end.

Reg not top load.

ok, i was lookin at the pics and it didnt look like a normal duece and half to me. i love that jeep.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SWAMP_DONKEY

 ;)

Fox17


dreth

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:08:38 AM
304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.



I did not know you spoke chinese :D

illegal26

Quote from: Dreth on June 15, 2007, 10:59:26 AM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on June 15, 2007, 03:08:38 AM
304 V8 they were Crank eaters with no torque...it has a 258 I6 with a T-18 tranny with a NP 205 Transfer case, the Axles are 2.5 ton with 5:88 gears.



I did not know you spoke chinese :D
kinda lost me too but its still bad a@@

qt314nfla

Very nice Scott.  Congrats!

VForcedave

Nice going Swamp. Can i ask you if you have some stupid parts. I am looking for those knobs/bolts that secure the soft top frame to the door frame. Someone took the liberty of borrowing mine (4) while I was in a store. Now when I am off road it rattles like crap next to my ear. Anyone have those plastic knobs with the bolt on one side? I need 4.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

jpease

that's what I call a real Swamp Donkey!

cheropride

That is a sweat ride, can I borrow it one day..... ;)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: VForcedave on June 15, 2007, 03:00:51 PM
Nice going Swamp. Can i ask you if you have some stupid parts. I am looking for those knobs/bolts that secure the soft top frame to the door frame. Someone took the liberty of borrowing mine (4) while I was in a store. Now when I am off road it rattles like crap next to my ear. Anyone have those plastic knobs with the bolt on one side? I need 4.

I think I have some.

eldiablo64

258's are good motors.I used to work at an engine machine shop and one of the guys had a gremlin with a 258 he ported and polished the heads and a bunch of stuff that thing would blow the doors off of alot of v8's.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

94Hardbody4x4

How'd you manage to get 5.88 gears? Rocks come in 6.72. I didn't know they made higher ratios for them.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

foreman1

#20
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on June 17, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
How'd you manage to get 5.88 gears? Rocks come in 6.72. I didn't know they made higher ratios for them.

Hard to put its size to scale , but the rear looks like a 9" rear . The other , less common 2.5 military axles where GMC ,which have a removeable carrier assembly  much like the Ford 9". I believe those were 5.88 or 6.11.

Regardless , thats one nice jeep it should walk almost anywhere with those 21.5 Goodyears..
One question to Swamp , what's it weighin' ?
Please post some pics of the front end.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Justbilly

Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on June 17, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
How'd you manage to get 5.88 gears? Rocks come in 6.72. I didn't know they made higher ratios for them.

Cause they are not "Toploader" rockwells.. There are a few kinds of 2.5ton axles.


Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Justbilly on June 17, 2007, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on June 17, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
How'd you manage to get 5.88 gears? Rocks come in 6.72. I didn't know they made higher ratios for them.

Cause they are not "Toploader" rockwells.. There are a few kinds of 2.5ton axles.



I know how to rebuild toploader rockwells. I just watched it on extreme 4x4 on spike about a half hr ago.  ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 17, 2007, 06:28:06 PM
Quote from: Justbilly on June 17, 2007, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on June 17, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
How'd you manage to get 5.88 gears? Rocks come in 6.72. I didn't know they made higher ratios for them.

Cause they are not "Toploader" rockwells.. There are a few kinds of 2.5ton axles.



I know how to rebuild toploader rockwells. I just watched it on extreme 4x4 on spike about a half hr ago.  ;D

So did I, Sir Elder old aging one ;D  I have to pick it up yet when I do I will clean it and post more pics of the inside and chassis... I paid for it now I am itchin to get it....I worked on the 85 CJ-7 today for a while, it is coming along very nice.

SWAMP_DONKEY

I got her @ the dealership and got her all cleaned up....the Axles are not 2.5's they are 1.5 military Dodge with 5.88 s the tires are 21.5 (44inch) Good Year Super Grips..this thing is a blast to drive....now I need a trailer to haul her.


   I will Post pics tomorrow. ;)