ONF Info for June 1st

Started by Yamahonda41, May 29, 2007, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamahonda41

I have not ridden in ONF since last year.  Anybody know the situation with the fires/smoke?  Someone told me parts of the forest are closed.

Would like to ride Rodman/Delancey, etc. this weekend if possible.  Any info appreciated.
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

Chillinthemost

I just spent the whole weekend up there. No smoke or fires. Lots of dust though. We rode a little but mostly went out in the boat.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Yamahonda41

Thanks Chillin.

I am still waiting to see if the rain chance goes up.  I know the dust must be really bad. 
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

USA450R

I was riding Rodman Dam area Saturday. No smoke no fires. ;D
2007 Honda TRX450ER

2007 - Engine by ATP // Port // Valve work // CRF 450 Exhaust valve // Top End work // Pro Design Intake w/K&N // Stage 2 cam // 14:1 ATP Piston // Rossier // Pro Taper // Nerfs

A-Arms, Suspension, MXR6s next

Yamahonda41

Can someone tell me if you can ride anywhere OTHER than the new trail system in ONF?

I used to stop on the side of the road and unload and hit a trail.  Is this now banned except for the new trail system?
2004 Kawasaki VForce 700
2004 Honda 300EX
2001 Honda 300EX FMF Pipe, Holeshots
2000 Yamaha Warrior Maxxis Razr's
1989 Honda CR125 - Pro Circuit pipe

KB

I havent been in awhile either but i think your best bet would be Big Scrub as far as the trails are concerned.
You need a sticker like a boat sticker on your rear fender or might get a ticket.(not a Croom's sticker, called a registration sticker you get at D.M.V. w/ your title.
It's not like it use to be.

400exstar

A group of us will be going out to big scrub on Sunday the 3rd. Feel free to join us, from 19 go west on the powerline road until you hit the first parking lot. We will be meeting around 9am.

pancho07yfz450

I'm new to the area. I know if i go up 441 from Apopka. I can take a left on to 19. How far up on 19 is the parking? I drove up there about 2 months ago when i first got my quad and can remember seing a parking lot along the road. Thanks for any info.

400exstar

#8
FIRST if you go from apopka to 441 you will go NORTH or RIGHT. not left.

From 441 and 19 you go up a few miles and you will come to 42(altoona).

From 42 in altoona keep going north for 5.5 miles and you will see a small sign on the right that says "BIG SCRUB 7". TURN LEFT there.The pavement will end and you will see a parking area with an outhouse on the left. We will be there at 9 am. You will see a red Nissan Pickup, A charcoal Dodge Dakota 4x4, and a few others. We will be there around 9am.

One of the guys with us will be on a YFZ450 also. Maybe you can teach him how to ride it. :R :R

pancho07yfz450

Cool i'm heading up there tommorow to meet up with you guy's. I'm still learning to ride the thing. About showing someone else how to ride it. I don't no. Will see who teaches who. See you guys up there tommorow.
Can you PM your cell# just in case I can find the place.

Thank's
Rafael


Mr. Fixit

Look for a blue blazer with a red 300ex. Dan

400exstar

Sweet!! the more the merrier !!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com