Golfer Killed After Golf Cart Plunges Off Cliff!!! ban those golf carts!!!!!!!

Started by lswjth2, May 23, 2007, 10:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster


GrizzlyBear

Glad I never took up golf.  Now as long as I don't retire as a real estate broker, I might be aBLE TO RIDE MY atv.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

JackL

Yeah, those guys should be wearing helmets for sure. I wonder if this incident just made golf surpass ATV's on the sports safety chart.

My condolences to the victim, what a crappy way to go.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

The golf cart traveled down a 25-foot embankment, first and then off the cliff. Sounds like Darwin's Theory at work here. Too old to jump off, but, not too old for golf? They should require a golfer's safety course, parachutes and flotation devices. And, how about those personal injuries and property damage caused by errant golf balls, thrown golf clubs an, litter and emissions from all of those gas-powered golf carts all over this country!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

JackL

Quote from: AintSkeered on May 23, 2007, 05:17:38 PM
The golf cart traveled down a 25-foot embankment, first and then off the cliff. Sounds like Darwin's Theory at work here. Too old to jump off, but, not too old for golf? They should require a golfer's safety course, parachutes and flotation devices. And, how about those personal injuries and property damage caused by errant golf balls, thrown golf clubs an, litter and emissions from all of those gas-powered golf carts all over this country!

LMAO!! One time on top of the dike at the Holeylands I thought I was in neutral.....glad we don't have cliffs in Florida.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

backinsaddle

My parents live in The Villages, a golf cart retirement community near Ocala, they have their own hospital, the most emergencies they see are from men driving their golf carts too fast (often sooped up to go faster) around corners and their wives falling off.  I kid you not, this was in the village paper a year or two ago.  They now have cops in golf carts taking radar enforcing the speed limit of 20 mph

By the way, everytime I visit, I see those 23 or so golf course they have, and I think night run on the quads  ;)

JackL

Quote from: backinsaddle on May 23, 2007, 10:40:58 PM
My parents live in The Villages, a golf cart retirement community near Ocala, they have their own hospital, the most emergencies they see are from men driving their golf carts too fast (often sooped up to go faster) around corners and their wives falling off.  I kid you not, this was in the village paper a year or two ago.  They now have cops in golf carts taking radar enforcing the speed limit of 20 mph

By the way, everytime I visit, I see those 23 or so golf course they have, and I think night run on the quads  ;)

I like the way you think!! I've woke up dreaming of sand traps and green green grass myself a few times.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com