everglades south of the alley

Started by brett711, May 20, 2007, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett711

a group of us went last night to the airboat trail at mm 38.5 of the alley.. there were few sport bikes and the rest of us were in 4X4.. we all made it out there.. some soupy spots but had a great time. parking is very limited.
there were a few camps out there, we stopped at, the VP of the broward airboat club invited us in.. he said the poker run will prob be jun 23 depending on the drought conditions at holylands..
riding the south side of the alley is fully LEGAL... just dont get in the way of the buggys and please pick up your trash if you go out there...
2007 honda rancher

JackL

Quote from: brett711 on May 20, 2007, 05:02:22 PM
a group of us went last night to the airboat trail at mm 38.5 of the alley.. there were few sport bikes and the rest of us were in 4X4.. we all made it out there.. some soupy spots but had a great time. parking is very limited.
there were a few camps out there, we stopped at, the VP of the broward airboat club invited us in.. he said the poker run will prob be jun 23 depending on the drought conditions at holylands..
riding the south side of the alley is fully LEGAL... just dont get in the way of the buggys and please pick up your trash if you go out there...


Sport bikes you say. Nice!!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

Their poker run is the same day as the rally. Guess we can erase any of them from the guest list. QuickTrack really f'd this rally up IMHO. The original location was perfect, now it is in BFE. No offense L-Cross.

JackL

Quote from: greenmachine on May 21, 2007, 04:14:19 PM
Their poker run is the same day as the rally. Guess we can erase any of them from the guest list. QuickTrack really f'd this rally up IMHO. The original location was perfect, now it is in BFE. No offense L-Cross.

Those guys are on half tracks and air boats most of the time anyway. I doubt they would be attending no matter where it was. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

the 2 sport bikes were 2 little honda trx.. everyoneelse had ranchers..it was an awesome ride, make sure you have gps....
2007 honda rancher

JackL

Quote from: brett711 on May 21, 2007, 04:57:59 PM
the 2 sport bikes were 2 little honda trx.. everyoneelse had ranchers..it was an awesome ride, make sure you have gps....


I just went. You were right, it is perfect...and BIG.








The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

bftclub

question..how do we know this is legal?is there a name or number for this area?

JackL

Quote from: bftclub on May 21, 2007, 06:26:02 PM
question..how do we know this is legal?is there a name or number for this area?

I haven't looked it up yet, but I would imagine it is Frances S. Taylor. A few of my buddies have confirmed it with FWC officers as legal, so it is hearsay to me, but it is not posted no TP or closed, so I can't see why it wouldn't be legal. You could certainly take an airboat out there legally, so buggies and ATV's are also fine.

Some really good riding out there! I'm trying to do a Fri night run that may last till Sat, and we have a big group ride for June forming quick. You are more than welcome to join us on any of the runs if you want.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

hondarider450r

HOW DO I GET TO THIS SPOT U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

JackL

Quote from: hondarider450r on May 23, 2007, 08:46:45 AM
HOW DO I GET TO THIS SPOT U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?

Mile marker 38.5 on Alligator alley. Don't go without a UTE in your party!!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

are you planning an alley ride this holiday weekend?
2007 honda rancher

JackL

Quote from: brett711 on May 23, 2007, 04:55:41 PM
are you planning an alley ride this holiday weekend?

I'm trying real hard. We are hoping to put in sometime Friday night until...??...you know how it goes.
I'll know tomorrow if it is going to happen. We were thinking of shooting for the microwave tower if it is at all possible on bikes.

It would be great if you can make it out, but I don't even know if I am yet. Everyone is on the fence right now with the holiday and work.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Justbilly

I thought South of the loop has been off limits for 4x4/buggies.  I know camp owners in that area are not supposed to drive their buggies on loop road.   Center of the Loop is def off limits.

I know they were going to open a trail system eventually, but I might be mis-informed.


JackL

Quote from: Justbilly on May 24, 2007, 11:11:24 AM
I thought South of the loop has been off limits for 4x4/buggies.  I know camp owners in that area are not supposed to drive their buggies on loop road.   Center of the Loop is def off limits.

I know they were going to open a trail system eventually, but I might be mis-informed.



We are talking about way north and east of loop road. no one I know has made it that far....yet.   ;)
As far as I know, that is still illegal and not likely to change ever.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

illegal26

The area is called 3A south and Hollylands is 3A north
FWC stopped by Monday morning when we got there
they are enforcing the flag rule and might check for guns
and the rule is NO Rifles or long guns allowed
Pistols and handguns are allowed if you have a concelled weapons permit
and FWC also stated the north levee is open at holly but thats it just the levee

We rode all day sunday and monday the east side was really dry
and the west was better with mud holes here and there but nothing on the east


JackL

Quote from: illegal26 on May 30, 2007, 10:27:08 PM
The area is called 3A south and Hollylands is 3A north
FWC stopped by Monday morning when we got there
they are enforcing the flag rule and might check for guns
and the rule is NO Rifles or long guns allowed
Pistols and handguns are allowed if you have a concelled weapons permit
and FWC also stated the north levee is open at holly but thats it just the levee

We rode all day sunday and monday the east side was really dry
and the west was better with mud holes here and there but nothing on the east



Wow, didn't know you needed flags there. Good info.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

digginfool

Are you sure about the levees at Holeylands?  I called FWC just yesterday to see if they had any info on when the closure would be rescinded and the woman told me that all motor vehicles, including on the levees, were off limits.  I believe she said her name was Marion.  As far as lifting the ban, she said nothing would happen until they had substantial rain out there.  So, no date yet.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

JackL

Quote from: digginfool on May 31, 2007, 07:26:33 AM
Are you sure about the levees at Holeylands?  I called FWC just yesterday to see if they had any info on when the closure would be rescinded and the woman told me that all motor vehicles, including on the levees, were off limits.  I believe she said her name was Marion.  As far as lifting the ban, she said nothing would happen until they had substantial rain out there.  So, no date yet.


Seems to me you should be able to fish out there. I doubt they would even let you turn off 27 with a quad on the truck though....
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

hwy raptor

so, is this place S. of the alley open to ride ? I have a group of friends with sport bikes that are looking for new places to go. Not looking for any trouble or problems.

JackL

Quote from: hwy raptor on June 01, 2007, 09:20:43 PM
so, is this place S. of the alley open to ride ? I have a group of friends with sport bikes that are looking for new places to go. Not looking for any trouble or problems.


It would have been cool for you right up until today. It is UTE country for the most part. Was dry, but with this rain...


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

hwy raptor

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get there .

JackL

Quote from: hwy raptor on June 01, 2007, 11:27:32 PM
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get there .

Just take Alligator Alley west until MM 38.5.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

hwy raptor


brett711

tonight we went to the mm 38 spot.. got to meet illegal26.

for whoever is going next week, if it doesnt dry up, make sure you have enough straps, and bikes must be 4X4..
the rain the last 2 days has soaked the glades..no joke.. the ground soaked up and there is still much water standing.
2007 honda rancher

miassmaro98

wat mile marker is the exit to us27?so i have a clue how much more i have to drive.also you guys park in those little boat ramps parking correct,if not were
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com