Car Insurance Rates

Started by AmericanRobster, April 24, 2007, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado. I am now looking for Insurance. I have never been pulled over and I haven't had a single claim. I was just wondering what people pay for insurance. I know that being 21 doesn't help me at all. Thanks alot.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Moose

Being 21 does hurt you price wise, last I heard you don't get a break until after you're 25. When I was your age I paid more for insurance than the car I had. Your credit makes a difference now, so keep it in good shape at all costs. I would call just about every agent in town and tell them you are. They might try to help you more if you do. Spend a couple of days on the phone, it will be worth it. Good luck.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Moose on April 24, 2007, 10:25:00 PM
Being 21 does hurt you price wise, last I heard you don't get a break until after you're 25. When I was your age I paid more for insurance than the car I had. Your credit makes a difference now, so keep it in good shape at all costs. I would call just about every agent in town and tell them you are. They might try to help you more if you do. Spend a couple of days on the phone, it will be worth it. Good luck.

Thanks alot!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Bigscrb15

You should be around $130/month with ~$300 down. I am $22 and that is about what I have been paying on my last 3 vehicles(98 4Runner, 2002 Chevy Crew 1500HD, and 2003 F250 Diesel Crew) When I got married and added my wifes vehicle I am only paying an extra $8/month so obviously rates drop a lot when you get married.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on April 24, 2007, 11:27:27 PM
You should be around $130/month with ~$300 down. I am $22 and that is about what I have been paying on my last 3 vehicles(98 4Runner, 2002 Chevy Crew 1500HD, and 2003 F250 Diesel Crew) When I got married and added my wifes vehicle I am only paying an extra $8/month so obviously rates drop a lot when you get married.

Do you mind me asking you who your insurance company is, and what kind of coverage do you have on your vehicles?

Thanks!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Bigscrb15

Quote from: americanrobster on April 24, 2007, 11:48:56 PM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on April 24, 2007, 11:27:27 PM
You should be around $130/month with ~$300 down. I am $22 and that is about what I have been paying on my last 3 vehicles(98 4Runner, 2002 Chevy Crew 1500HD, and 2003 F250 Diesel Crew) When I got married and added my wifes vehicle I am only paying an extra $8/month so obviously rates drop a lot when you get married.

Do you mind me asking you who your insurance company is, and what kind of coverage do you have on your vehicles?

Thanks!

Geico. I have legal minimums, but full coverage. I know I should have higher coverage, and I will add it when I can afford it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

1FasterBlaster

   I switched to Geico also.They are really cheap.