GPS in Ocala National Forest

Started by fire803, February 21, 2005, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire803

I recently used my GPS Garmin V in the Ocala National Forest and found that hardly any of the numbered streets show on the map source program that came with the GPS.  Does anyone know of a different program that shows the roads???  Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Redgrizzly660

#1

Thrasher

#2
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

big-daddy

thrasher , how much memory do you need?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Redgrizzly660

#4

Topo National Parks 24K: EAST 931 309 MB 0.33 MB


Grizz

fire803

Thanks for all the responses.  Any one in the area that wants to trail ride feel free to let me know. Thanks :)

Thrasher

my garmin only has an 8mb card in it.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Redgrizzly660


Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

GSPKurt

OK, guys. FNG here ;).  I pick up my brand new Eiger on Tuesday. Anyone able to ride ONF and show me around on Wednesday or Thursday?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Redgrizzly660

#10
QuoteOK, guys. FNG here ;).  I pick up my brand new Eiger on Tuesday. Anyone able to ride ONF and show me around on Wednesday or Thursday?

Sorry I wont be there until march 18 to the 23 for spring break. Let me know if U still want to ride.

Btw welcome to the site

Grizz

GSPKurt

Grizz-
I gotta be off one of those days. Let's plan on it. BTW, I have a 176C with a 128 card, too. :D
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Redgrizzly660

QuoteGrizz-
I gotta be off one of those days. Let's plan on it. BTW, I have a 176C with a 128 card, too. :D
[/size]

The 176 shut it self off while riding or even tapping on the unit the battery contact are weak and alloy the unit to turn off. It is best to use the unit with the power cord without the battery in the unit.

Grizz

GSPKurt

Quotegah!

showoffs!

:D


I use the 176 for the boat 'cause I can't see my etrex Vista while underway (I found that out the hard way...). I got the 128 card so I wouldn't have to keep loading maps when I went to a different area. It was expen$ive, but much simpler to deal with. [smiley=Wink.gif]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

QuoteI recently used my GPS Garmin V in the Ocala National Forest and found that hardly any of the numbered streets show on the map source program that came with the GPS.  Does anyone know of a different program that shows the roads???  Thanks in advance for any help!!!

To get back to your original question, the Mapsource Topo program may be better, but you will have to download the areas you want to use. What size memory does your unit have? If we ever meet, I may be able to help you with that, if you get my meaning...
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

fire803

GSPKURT,  I have a Garmin V GPS, it has 19mb of memory.  I dont think I can buy a memory card for it.  Do you live around the ocala area?????

GSPKurt

That's a good amount of memory. My Vista has 24mb and I can fit the whole state of Florida's topo maps in it. :o I live in Trenton, near Gainesville.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com