HAS ANYONE BEEN TO L-CROSS EXTREME?

Started by miassmaro98, April 06, 2007, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miassmaro98

ITS AN ALL MUD PARK THATS LEGAL,ANY FEEDBACK?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

GrlNextDoor

It's pretty good.  Definitely mud, not trails.  I'm not as fond of taking my kids there as I am other places but, it's a good adult weekend.  They have an adult weekend coming the first weekend in May.  Have you checked out their website?  L-Cross.com

HVYHLR53

I have been going to every event. The family eb=vents are great for the kids, not too wild and plenty of security.

If you like to party, you have to hit one of the adult events. People are friendly.... and drunk.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

miassmaro98

what are the entrance fees and some basic rules?and maybe some easy direction from miami
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

HVYHLR53

The whole weekend is $30.00 for adults, kids 12 and under are $5.00 and includes concerts. If you only go for Sunday it is $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids under 12.

From Miami take US 27 North through the first 3 towns (South Bay, Cleweston then More Haven). When you go over the big ass bridge "Caloosachatchee River" 1.5 miles from the bottom make a right on Highway 78 and go 22 miles. L-Cross is on the left hand side.

Check out there site @ www.l-cross.com  It explains everything and has pictures as well.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

miassmaro98

thanks alot champ how far of a drive you think it will be?  2 hours 3 hours?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

JackL

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 11, 2007, 11:49:25 PM
The whole weekend is $30.00 for adults, kids 12 and under are $5.00 and includes concerts. If you only go for Sunday it is $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids under 12.

From Miami take US 27 North through the first 3 towns (South Bay, Cleweston then More Haven). When you go over the big ass bridge "Caloosachatchee River" 1.5 miles from the bottom make a right on Highway 78 and go 22 miles. L-Cross is on the left hand side.

Check out there site @ www.l-cross.com  It explains everything and has pictures as well.




Wow, you get around!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

qt314nfla

I've had a blast every time I've been out there.  Good mudding and the money you spend goes back into making the park better.  I haven't been in awhile but hope to get out there again soon.

nascarfreak88

is there room out there for sport quads that dont want to get in the mud?

HVYHLR53

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 11:54:35 PM
thanks alot champ how far of a drive you think it will be?  2 hours 3 hours?

Takes me about 1.5 hrs. Nice scenic drive.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

HVYHLR53

(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

JackL

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:14:05 AM
Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 11:54:35 PM
thanks alot champ how far of a drive you think it will be?  2 hours 3 hours?

Takes me about 1.5 hrs. Nice scenic drive.


WHAT DO U TAKE ?595 WEST TO I75 NORTH AND YOU GET OFF AT US 27 CORRECT
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

HVYHLR53

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 12, 2007, 04:24:24 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:14:05 AM
Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 11:54:35 PM
thanks alot champ how far of a drive you think it will be?  2 hours 3 hours?

Takes me about 1.5 hrs. Nice scenic drive.


WHAT DO U TAKE ?595 WEST TO I75 NORTH AND YOU GET OFF AT US 27 CORRECT

Yes, you got it! 595 to 75 to US27 North.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

miassmaro98

sounds good should take me 15 min more then you to get there,are you going on the 20-22 event?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

HVYHLR53

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 12, 2007, 10:40:42 PM
sounds good should take me 15 min more then you to get there,are you going on the 20-22 event?

Sure am. The family events are great, you can let the kids roam free and theres only one way in and one way out that is secured all day and all night.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

miassmaro98

let see if we drive up together seens it will be my first time there
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

fford

Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?
Big Scrub Bandit
Rhino 700
Kodiak 400
Warrior 350
Honda 250ex
Honda 90

JackL

Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

any good spots towards south bay?but i travel on the roads next to the canals and they were closed so how will you travel north?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

JackL

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 19, 2007, 04:20:54 PM
any good spots towards south bay?but i travel on the roads next to the canals and they were closed so how will you travel north?

Enter at the Holey lands sign at the west end of the gravel road and head north. :)


Beware, it can get very thick out there. I spent the night on my bike out there last season stuck like nothing you've ever seen.  The walk out in the morning was great though, the wind was right and none of the wildlife could detect me coming. Bad day to be without a camera.

The walk down the gravel road to the parking lot wasn't so fun...

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

okay so after i made the u-turn to make a right(west) towards the parking area after i unload the atv were can i travel north by?can u draw me like a simple pic
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

fford

Quote from: JackL on April 19, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)


Do you go out to the pump station, go north or south from there on the levee roads?
Big Scrub Bandit
Rhino 700
Kodiak 400
Warrior 350
Honda 250ex
Honda 90

JackL

Quote from: fford on April 24, 2007, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 19, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)


Do you go out to the pump station, go north or south from there on the levee roads?

To get to the buggy bridge, it is easiest to go over the levy at the first parking lot and follow the trail south.

From the pump station at the west end, I enter between the Holeylands signs and head north. I like it better out there as well. I stay off the levy gravel as much as possible.

The north side across from the main parking lot also has some good runs north and west.

In some of my other holeylands threads, I have posted some garmin gps maps with some coordinates, and if you compare it with the standard map you can get a good overall feel for the area.

I've been thinking of making a cool map with some stuff from google earth and my gps logs..some day.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

fford

Quote from: JackL on April 24, 2007, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: fford on April 24, 2007, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 19, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: fford on April 19, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 12, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on April 12, 2007, 06:20:46 AM
(JackL)  I try to anyways. We ride every Friday night, usually run from Holey Lands to either South Bay or to the reservation off of ShotGun road. We might have to hook up with you and ride out to that buggie bridge, haven't been there yet.

I tried to run the Holey lands to South Bay in the past, but gave up. Now that sounds like a good ride.
I hope we get some rain so the buggy bridge isn't so easy.

I just got a tie rod, so it looks like I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. :)


How do you get to South Bay? Levee roads? and where is buggy bridge?

South bay is north, and the buggy bridge is south. Is that clear? :)


Do you go out to the pump station, go north or south from there on the levee roads?

To get to the buggy bridge, it is easiest to go over the levy at the first parking lot and follow the trail south.

From the pump station at the west end, I enter between the Holeylands signs and head north. I like it better out there as well. I stay off the levy gravel as much as possible.

The north side across from the main parking lot also has some good runs north and west.

In some of my other holeylands threads, I have posted some garmin gps maps with some coordinates, and if you compare it with the standard map you can get a good overall feel for the area.

I've been thinking of making a cool map with some stuff from google earth and my gps logs..some day.


Ok thanks, now I have an idea where you are talking about. I have only been there a couple times. The first time I went due west and decided to turn around when Immmoklee cam up on my GPS. I do want to get out there one day just to explore around to see what else is there.
Big Scrub Bandit
Rhino 700
Kodiak 400
Warrior 350
Honda 250ex
Honda 90