Synthetic Winch Rope

Started by MadMudder, March 10, 2007, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMudder

Hey guys, I just got a new winch and I hate having to deal with the standard wire rope. I was looking for some synthetic stuff but I have no clue where you find it or if its better then what I have now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Bigscrb15

you can get it on ebay, try to search for amsteel blue. i have heard it is a lot better than stranded steel. i want to buy some , but just havent yet.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

FOREMANRON

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

ananomaly

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

MadMudder

Well I checked both sites and I cant find any so if you know where send the link to the product instead of the site..
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

quadtographer

you can get it on line from warn, ramsey, viper etc. all the mfg carry it now. 50 feet runs about $75 depending on who you get it from.

I have it and it is great. rated to 1500 lb. I pulled two foremans out of the mud at the same time with it as was really impressed.

It does stretch a little an you don't think at first it is going to hold but does.

The only thing I see as a down side, I would think it might dry rot like nylon rope does so you might have to replace it every year or so just to keep on the safe side.

I have bought another warn for her quad and it will have the synth rope as well. Also bought a spare for "just-in-case"

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com