Ford Taurus SHO V8

Started by shirah86, February 15, 2007, 08:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shirah86

Anybody know anything about these cars? i bought a 97 black one for 100 bucks today it runs awesome the only thing wrong it is one of the cats are blocked up

Fox17

they are pretty fast cars. id take the cats off if it were me.

Joedirt

I have never heard anything good about the Transmission
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

shirah86

i already took the cats off and sold those, but the guy had just put a new tran in it in jan. and he just bought it last november, he saw my sign for junk cars and what he sold me was definetaly not junk

Chuck_Norris

For $100.00 your ahead of the game

Ida_Mann

I'll take it off yer hands for $200 right now,,,,,,I loved them cars.

I put them in the same catagory as the late '80s to early '90s Thunderbirds.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

shirah86

me and my bro are gonna play around with it for month or two, this thing is in showroom cond.

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

foreman1

I recall someone saying that Yamaha made those engines.
They were fast cars considering the weight , one down side to them would be availabilty of parts.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Yes, yamaha does make the engines,  Pull th eplug wires out make sure there is no oil in there they were bad about that. Other than that great cars and fast.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

MadMudder

Correct me if im wrong but I think the engine is a V6.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

fastrnrik

I also thought the SHO was a Yamaha V-6, DOHC if I recall?

foreman1

Quote from: MadMudder on February 18, 2007, 10:28:09 AM
Correct me if im wrong but I think the engine is a V6.

You're right ,
I forgot to mention that it's a V-6.
Here's  a good link with the specs for the motor.
http://www.superhighoutput.com/about.php
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

shirah86

nah bro mines a v8 ill put pics on later today

foreman1

Quote from: shirah86 on February 21, 2007, 08:39:10 AM
nah bro mines a v8 ill put pics on later today

Please post them , never heard of a V-8 version.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

96cobra10101

07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

xr100racer

Quote from: foreman1 on February 21, 2007, 07:59:45 PM
Please post them , never heard of a V-8 version.

Quote from: foreman1 on February 18, 2007, 10:47:19 AM
Here's  a good link with the specs for the motor.
http://www.superhighoutput.com/about.php

on the website you posted it shows that the newer models have V8's

foreman1

Quote from: JohnF on February 21, 2007, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: foreman1 on February 21, 2007, 07:59:45 PM
Please post them , never heard of a V-8 version.

Quote from: foreman1 on February 18, 2007, 10:47:19 AM
Here's  a good link with the specs for the motor.
http://www.superhighoutput.com/about.php

on the website you posted it shows that the newer models have V8's

You're absolutely right , dont know how I missed that .

Shirah86 .. sorry I doubted ya'. :)
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

shirah86

i cant get the pics to load on this site so just go to myspace to see-em, just click on my picture to go to it

Ida_Mann

Quote from: shirah86 on February 22, 2007, 08:48:29 AM
i cant get the pics to load on this site so just go to myspace to see-em, just click on my picture to go to it

if you want, email them to me at idathemann@gmail.com and I'll post them.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

pics 2

[attachment deleted by admin]
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com