Remington 870 Express.

Started by Fox17, January 24, 2007, 12:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

Are they any good? I have heard mixed opinions about Remingtons in general. I want a good, fun, reliable, gun to shoot. And that they make all the cool tactical stuff for. I was lookin at the 870 Express Super Mag combo so i could use it as my hunting rifle too. I have heard that a fully rifled barrell and a slug will travel 200 yds. Is this true?

bigscrub79

I have one and love it. I have gone out and shot 300 rounds through it in an afternoon, several times. Its pretty accurate, and very reliable. I would highly recommend it. I dont know about the slug thing because I only shot clay pigeons with it. I have shot a slug through it but not sure how far it would travel.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

shirah86

Yeah thats true its just gonna drop off the face of the earth after that

wilburz

i have been hunting with one for quite a while. finally put my slug barrell and scope on it this year. Shoots your basic slug round exellent! I could shoot a nats eye out from 50 yards and shoot a 2 inch spread from 100 yards. make sure you have a good recoil pad while shooting slugs though. after 10 rounds at the range your shoulder will fall off.  Not sure how good it would be at 200 yards. probably 1 or 2 inches of drop at that range. plus the shotgun scope is only 1.75 x 4 power. Don't put a rifle scope on it either. make sure youget a scope for a shotgun.

express is a great gun for the money!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Fox17

k thanks for the replys. i like them too. i have shot one but only a few rounds. i have a remington .22 and only had one problem with one of my clips for it. other than that, its great.

Joedirt

I went with the Red Rider BB gun , it has a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Joedirt on January 24, 2007, 12:44:31 PM
I went with the Red Rider BB gun , it has a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.

Not all of us hunt snipe though, so a Red Rider would be useless.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

BCConviber

Have you seen what the 3-1/2" Super Mag shells will do to a snipe?  :o
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Fox17

Quote from: BCConviber on January 24, 2007, 03:06:11 PM
Have you seen what the 3-1/2" Super Mag shells will do to a snipe?  :o

no, but i have seen what the recoil will do to my friends shoulder.

Kawa3

while on the talk of slugs, anyone know where to order some 3 1/2 mag slugs? I can only find 3"
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Fox17

Quote from: Kawa3 on January 24, 2007, 04:40:00 PM
while on the talk of slugs, anyone know where to order some 3 1/2 mag slugs? I can only find 3"


i have never seen them. do they make them? i have only seen 2 3/4 and 3 inch slugs.

live2mud

I have the 870 3 1/2 mag and it's a great gun.it dosen't kick bad if you know how to shoot.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com