Kenda Bearclaws

Started by MadMudder, January 12, 2007, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMudder

Hey guys, im considering buying a set of 27in Bearclaws for my Polaris sportsman 500. It has a 2in lift and  Does anybody have these tires? How are they in the mud. Ride? Any info would be great. Thanks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

SWAMP_DONKEY

Ride great and they are a great all around tire.  Go to bed ;Dlol

Ida_Mann

got em on my rubicon,,,,aint got stuck yet and ride nice on hardpack.

well, I almost got stuck once, but I hit the throttle and it cleared the tread and started walking out.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 13, 2007, 07:47:55 AM
got em on my rubicon,,,,aint got stuck yet and ride nice on hardpack.

well, I almost got stuck once, but I hit the throttle and it cleared the tread and started walking out.

Id@

  Dont try that on a pota-potty.

banana-man

I cannot even begin to tell you how much better they are on my Z400 over stock.  We ride in lots of sugar sand, hard pack, rocks, roots, woods, a little mud(if it's inbetween us an the trail ahead), and I have yet to get stuck where my son gets stuck with the stockers all the time.  Nice flat profile, if you get a flat they would get you home without air, I sometimes run them this way in the soft sand.  I have the 22x12x8 and the little bit of asses clearance is great.  At first I lowered the gearing by 1 tooth on the front, but after the HMF slip-on, I put it back.  I can often times wheelie in the same places where before the rears would just spin.  Not showing any wear after prob 100 hrs of beating on them......GREAT TIRE

Ida_Mann

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 13, 2007, 08:39:57 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 13, 2007, 07:47:55 AM
got em on my rubicon,,,,aint got stuck yet and ride nice on hardpack.

well, I almost got stuck once, but I hit the throttle and it cleared the tread and started walking out.

Id@

  Dont try that on a pota-potty.

oh, were we talking tires?

oops

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MadMudder

#6
Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 13, 2007, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 13, 2007, 08:39:57 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 13, 2007, 07:47:55 AM
got em on my rubicon,,,,aint got stuck yet and ride nice on hardpack.

well, I almost got stuck once, but I hit the throttle and it cleared the tread and started walking out.

Id@

  Dont try that on a pota-potty.
[/quote/]                     


LMFAO! ;D

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

Does anybody have these in the size im getting? Also, ill be spending my riding time about 50%mud, 40%trails and about 10 or so in the occasional Ocala sand pit. Would these work good for my application? Remember they are going on a 750lb bike..
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MadMudder

Wow we finally got them and rode today and OMG what a difference. We waited about 2 weeks and took them to tires plus and got them swapped out with the stockers and got home, bolted them on and realized that they were rubbing aginst the tie rod ends! SO another 2 weeks went by and finally got the wheel spacers and took a ride today. Wow I cannot begin to tell you the difference. My dad hit holes that we would have never dreamed of hitting stock becasuse the stock tire were terrible. NASCAR tires would have worked better then them. Anyway they are great. Heres a quick video of us messing around: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nb3pTdooDhQ .
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com