Big Scrub Campground

Started by stacktester, January 07, 2007, 06:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacktester

I've been going to Big Scrub for 4 years now and last night was the last I think I'll return at least to stay the night. They are without a camp host right now so a few people there took that as a run your generator until u feel like it and I saw some kids riding 4 wheelers "balls to the walls" at least until 11 p.m. when I went to bed. I'm talking hauling azz too and doing donuts. It's this small percentage of idiots that have screwed that place up. If I didn't have kids I would have done some confronting last night. I really like staying at scrub but it's gotten unfamily friendly for sure. I wonder if Delancy is any better? I don't mind some noise and all after 10 but at least turn off those loud generators and the bikes should have been put up hours before that. Maybe it's time to buy a lot up in Hog Valley. Knowing my luck I would do that and the forestry will ban riding from there lol. I'm not trying to be a u know what but man, I go to that place to ride with kids not hearin foul mouths and complete disregard for the rules. If just once they would throw some people out for disobeying the rules things would change.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Young Gun

I havent even been to Big Scrub and its going downhill.  What you need to do is confront them in a large group.  If there are other ATVFL members or anyone else there that know the rules and are also heated that those rulebreakers can do that then they need to form a large group and confront them.  Usually when a large group of people that are mad at you confront you you tend to listen.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

CABLEGUY1

#2
Stacktester, I have to say I'm on the other side of the fence on this one.A few years ago when we started going to Big Scrub they allowed night riding. We would ride all day,take a shower,BBQ,hang out around the fire for a while and then take a little slow paced night ride. It's cool trail riding at night. As far as the generator goes I hate the 10:00 rule myself.It's not so bad when you go in the winter but during the summer when it's hot and muggy at night it sucks without the generator. I do see your point though and I agree that they should'nt be haulin a$$ around the campground late at night but I would love it if they let you ride the trails again at night. When we rode at night from the camp we always rode slow through the camping area out of respect.But at the end of the day rules are rules so when we do go we abide by the 10:00 generator rule and the no night riding rule.I think that's pretty crazy though that they don't have a ranger on the premises right now. We mainly go to Croom now because of the electric hook ups that way we can run the air without the generator. They don't allow night riding either but that's okay. I would guess they both don't allow night riding because of the noise and also because of the injury factor and EMS being slowed down in the case of an accident.

stacktester

I doubt cableguy that if we weren't having a heatwave in the winter that genny's would have been needed. I had mine on but it's a 2400 Yamaha Inverter that u can hardly hear at full load. I wish the night riding was still allowed too. We usually do the same and eat dinner then go for a little trip before the gate is closed. There is too many people just cruising in there for me to think of it being safe anymore. Like they always say, that was the old days. One day scrub will be gone because of what's going on right now.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Thrumud

I think Delancy would be the spot for you.  It's better for the ones that have the families.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com