Jet Kit on a 2002 Rancher

Started by HondaGurl, January 05, 2007, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaGurl

I recenlty installed a jet kit on my bike but I was told that I need to put on a different muffler but I have not found one that I like or is not so loud. Is there a way that I can keep the stock muffler. Also I was told that I have to change the air filter. And I was going to get a K& N Filter but also I was told and read that those let too much dirt through. Is this true and can I keep my stock muffler and do something else to let more air flow in. Please help as my bike is not running yet and I want to ride. Thank you very much
Jennifer
2002 Honda Rancher 4x4/2x2
Warn Unlocker
Titan 589s

MuddFreak77

by rejetting the carb your adding more fuel, for the engine to burn more fuel you need more air.  Air filter and exhaust will allow you to flow more air.  If you go with a K&N get the outerwears cover.  It will stop alot of dirt from actually getting to your filter which means less cleaning and better performance of the filter.

Any aftermarket pipes are going to be louder than stock, try looking for a Yosh, HMF with the quiet core.  These would probably be your best bets.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand