Question about sidexside's

Started by Young Gun, December 30, 2006, 01:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young Gun

Me and my dad have made our decision on our first quads which are the Kingquad 700 and the LTR450 for me BUT we are now thinking of getting my mom and sister a sidexside like a Rhino or Ranger.  The question is are these allowed at many places, yet are they too big for the trails?  We just thought this would be better and cheaper in the long run, such as not having to do maintenance on two quads, just one sidexside.  It would also be a plus for me and my dad to use to go fishing in woods or hunting which we would like to try.  Sidexsides take up as much room as two quads together though probably?  Are sidexside's even worth the 10k or so you pay for the basemodels?  ???
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

SWAMP_DONKEY

I have had a Mule and a Ranger and now own a Rhino....The Rhino is the best.

Young Gun

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on December 30, 2006, 03:12:09 PM
I have had a Mule and a Ranger and now own a Rhino....The Rhino is the best.

yeah, I like the Rhino out of any of them.  I just want to know if anyone has used them at Croom or ONF.  Those are the places we plan on riding alot and want to make sure there are a decent amount of trails that can handle them or if they are allowed.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

r6realtor

I just purchased a 2007 rhino, it's sweet, as far as I know they do not allow them in croom, but ONF they do. From my experience so far the rhino would not do very well in the rock quarry section in croom anyway, to narrow, plus the rhino is very tippy, I have a set of after market wheels and tires that will hopefully fix this on off camber situations but have not put them on yet. You would be very happy with the purchase, I don't miss my quads one single bit!
r6realtor
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Young Gun

Quote from: r6realtor on December 30, 2006, 03:23:11 PM
I just purchased a 2007 rhino, it's sweet, as far as I know they do not allow them in croom, but ONF they do. From my experience so far the rhino would not do very well in the rock quarry section in croom anyway, to narrow, plus the rhino is very tippy, I have a set of after market wheels and tires that will hopefully fix this on off camber situations but have not put them on yet. You would be very happy with the purchase, I don't miss my quads one single bit!
r6realtor

If we got them one, they would be only be able to come to ONF with us :D  Maybe we will stick to quads  :N
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

MadMudder

They are not as bad as you think they are. They are bigger then a single quad on the trail but not massive. The rino will hit 65mph from what I know.  If you get one with the 4wd and put some aftermarket tires and rims that are wider then stock then you should befine. Just go down to the dealership and test one out. They are all incredibly easy to drive. They are all automatic and all the controls are right there. Just have her drive one and see what she thinks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Young Gun

Quote from: MadMudder on December 30, 2006, 11:00:42 PM
They are not as bad as you think they are. They are bigger then a single quad on the trail but not massive. The rino will hit 65mph from what I know.  If you get one with the 4wd and put some aftermarket tires and rims that are wider then stock then you should befine. Just go down to the dealership and test one out. They are all incredibly easy to drive. They are all automatic and all the controls are right there. Just have her drive one and see what she thinks.

Thats a really good idea.  We are basically on hault with buying quads because so many people have told us to not buy new because of tax, dealer fees, assembly fees, and what not.  It makes more sense to go on eBay and find a model with about a half hour ride time and buy it.  Shipping it is still less than buying it local so who knows :-\ I just want a quad now damnit!
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

MadMudder

Your best bet is to go to another state where there is no sales tax. I wouldnt trust ebay with 9000 dollars of my money. I would either go to another state or check your local trading post or atvtrader and see if you can find a decent used one.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Young Gun

Quote from: MadMudder on December 31, 2006, 05:18:51 PM
Your best bet is to go to another state where there is no sales tax. I wouldnt trust ebay with 9000 dollars of my money. I would either go to another state or check your local trading post or atvtrader and see if you can find a decent used one.

I would trust an eBay seller if he was a powerseller or whatever you call them.  I have seen local dealers on there selling quads for real cheap with free shipping so I think thats the route were going to go.  Since its new years were gonna look on eBay and see if we can find some good deals and bid ;D FINALLY!
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

r6realtor

Quote from: MadMudder on December 31, 2006, 05:18:51 PM
Your best bet is to go to another state where there is no sales tax. I wouldnt trust ebay with 9000 dollars of my money. I would either go to another state or check your local trading post or atvtrader and see if you can find a decent used one.
the problem with buying in another state is you don't have to pay sales tax there but once you are back in florida and go to register it so you can go to these parks you will get hit with the tax then, so you might as well save the trip and buy it here. Sounds like a great idea until you HAVE to register it! to get in any state park in FL.
Here is a couple of pic of mine






2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Cory1020

give ars powersports a call (800 356 8973). in okeechobe, probaley have the best out the door prices in fla. You cant get around sales tax, when you register you have to pay it. But their fees are very minimal, when we got my rancher, I believe the fees were only $200 maybe 300 (if I remember correctly).
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Young Gun

Quote from: rancher-350 on January 01, 2007, 11:24:56 PM
give ars powersports a call (800 356 8973). in okeechobe, probaley have the best out the door prices in fla. You cant get around sales tax, when you register you have to pay it. But their fees are very minimal, when we got my rancher, I believe the fees were only $200 maybe 300 (if I remember correctly).

ehh, to far away.  Thats a 4 hour drive or so.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

flgator529

I don't kmow what your time is worth but if you are buying 2 quads you will probley save close to 2 grand by going to ARS divide that by the time you think it will take you to go down there. The best part is knowing that you are dealing with a dealer that is not trying to take advantage of you.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com